Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III  (Read 10419 times)

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 10:07:47 PM »
The lead character's gonna be voiced by Robert Pattinson.

true story

Kristen Stewart is replacing Kristen Bell.

true story

....and consequently re-titled "Assassin's Crud"....;)

ha ha
very funny >.>;

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 05:26:44 AM »
Assassin's Creed 3 features hinted at

An Ubisoft survey suggests that the publisher is looking into a number of fresh innovations for the next game in the Assassin's Creed franchise, including new customisation options, crafting features and a different lead character.

The survey, conducted by Global Market Insite, asks participants to what degree they would welcome the following features in a follow-up to the excellent Assassin's Creed Brotherhood:

* An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
* An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
* An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
* Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
* An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
* Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
* A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
* Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
* Online Cooperative Mode
* Offline Cooperative Mode
* The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
* A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
* Playing new Multiplayer modes
* A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
* A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)

Ubisoft recently revealed that there will be a new Assassin's Creed game in 2011, so you won't have to wait too long to find out which, if any, of these features make the cut.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »
a new historical setting and a different character to ezio is a must. i say set it in ancient egypt

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 02:44:31 AM »
I kind of thought they set themselves up for multiple sequels or spin-offs when they revealed those 6 or so statues in the Assassins' Sanctuary inside Ezio's Villa.

Not that they 'should' make that many follow-ups, but I can see them touching on some of those time-lines. If they keep spinning this Ezio storyline it's gonna grow tired real soon, as in ... already there....

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »
Brotherhood is more a cash-in and a run out for the MP. AC3 will defo feature a new story, probably just in the future or maybe multiple pasts.

It'll be great to see them take the great things from ACB and put them into a new playground.

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
I think they'll go with the progressing timeline and I read somewhere that Ubisoft have said that they'll be in an era that has not been covered by video games much.

I'm hoping for a more creepy Victorian era although with the subject matter I can see it easily transferring to the States for some 'masonic' action set in New England.

Should be good though, this is easily my favourite series on the 360.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »
Unfinished New York skyscrapers?

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 01:52:44 PM »
Unfinished New York skyscrapers?

Not a bad shout...would be a laugh.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 05:23:19 AM »
New Assassin's Creed is full retail title

The next entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise, due out later this year, is a full retail title and not a download, publisher Ubisoft has confirmed.

Speaking at an investor call today, CEO Yves Guillemot dodged questions about what exactly Ubisoft had planned for the new game, but did offer a few tidbits of information for fans to chew on.

Apart from announcing that the game would be a boxed title available in stores rather than a downloadable offering, Guillemot said that a full reveal could be expected soon.

"We won't give you full details but what we can say is that we will have an Assassin's Creed also this year," he said. "But we are going to give you more details about the game in May."

Elsewhere in the presentation, the Ubisoft boss revealed that the most recent entry in the series, 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, has now shipped 6.5 million copies worldwide since launch.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
Annual release games, wonder if this will do a GH?

I havn't played brotherhood, couldn't get psyched for it so soon after AC2.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
I havn't played brotherhood, couldn't get psyched for it so soon after AC2.

Ditto - and if AS III is headed out later this year, it may need to really impress to get me back into it.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
if theres no ezio
i DUN CARE
Q.Q :'(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »
Assassin's Creed III Coming This October

Don't get too excited, as there have been no details revealed whatsoever, but Assassin's Creed III has been officially confirmed by Ubisoft today, complete with an autumn release date in line with the rest of the series.

Apparently, Assassin's Creed III has been in development for three years according to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot and will be arriving this October. "We will push the title a lot because it's a fantastic product that the team has been working for three years," said Guillemot. "What we have seen is just fabulous."

Assassin's Creed III will be releasing on October 30th, 2012, presumably picking up where Assassin's Creed: Revelations left off, which has also shipped 7 million copies since launch, Ubisoft confirmed.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
Ha! I haven't even made my way through AC: Brotherhood yet...

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »
I'm actually pretty excited about this one. I've failed to really be swept away by Revelations - though Brotherhood really did get me hooked from the moment they screened that advert for it in like APRIL 2010. That was annoying. ;D

I really do like Ezio as a character, but I was hesitant when they ditched Altair too and now I prefer Ezio's story. So I'm ready for something new. As I've said with every game so far, I do hope there's some more "present day" events, though with how the 'genre' has defined itself I doubt we'll ever see a full present-day game since it's all about the Animus. I'd like to be clambering up skyscrapers and in through windows to carry out assassinations - though that really doesn't seem the same.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads