Author Topic: MGS: Peace Walker  (Read 2898 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
MGS: Peace Walker
« on: December 01, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »
MGS: Peace Walker gets Japan release date
Out March 18 for those lucky Japanese

The latest entry in the Metal Gear Solid saga, Peace Walker, will be released for PSP in Japan on March 18, 2010, Famitsu mag reports.

The first 'proper' handheld instalment takes place in Costa Rica during the 1970s - 10 years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 3 and in the run up to the rise of Outer Heaven. Only Metal Gear nuts will have a clue what we're on about there.

There's a demo to download and play on Konami's Website, if you're interested.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: MGS: Peace Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »
LAZY LINK for those that can't reap Japanese.   :D

I think I'll give this a go when I get home.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:24:37 AM »

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
oooh that looks pretty
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 05:04:53 AM »
Kojima: PSP not main MGS platform

Hideo Kojima's shift to PSP development raised questions about what platform the Metal Gear Solid series will continue on. Thankfully, the man himself has signed up to Twitter in order to provide an answer.

"It's not that PSP is the main platform for the future MGS series. Peace Walker is a test to see what type of expansions are there if MGS is brought to a portable. We're not just rising vertically with development on next generation systems, but also horizontally, trying to expand gameplay," Tweeted Kojima, translated by Andriasang.

An old logo for MGS: Peace Walker revealed recently that the game had once been known as Metal Gear Solid 5, and added fuel to the fire.

Hideo Kojima will be the hands-on leader for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, which has dazzled crowds - Eurogamer included - with four-player co-op and impressive production values. Kojima says you really have to see it to believe it.

"It's difficult to show the interest and freshness of PW through video," he Tweeted. "Cameron's Avatar was a huge hit because of the 3D video. That can't be communicated through text and a trailer. It's something you won't understand unless you experience it for yourself in the [cinema]."

Kojima Productions does already have a new Metal Gear Solid game for consoles in development, called MGS: Rising. Kojima, however, will take a back-seat on the project and allow other team members to call the creative shots.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be released on 28th May. Metal Gear Solid: Rising has no release date.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
I've seen the game in action and it's pretty sweet.  If it had achievements (trophies) I'd probably take the time to play it.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:15:32 AM »
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Scores Famitsu's Latest 40/40

Japanese game magazine Famitsu has weighed in the latest Metal Gear Solid adventure, welcoming the new PlayStation Portable into the coveted ranks of game's bearing the publication's highest mark. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has been rated 40/40.

The latest Metal Gear game from Hideo Kojima and crew is the first game of 2010 to bear the Japanese magazine's highest accolade, the first since Famitsu gave New Super Mario Bros. Wii the same score. Not surprising, considering that Famitsu liked Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots enough to grant it a 40 out of 40 and enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence exactly one point less.

Famitsu may enjoy one aspect of Peace Walker more than any other. The magazine is one of the real world products appearing in the heavily-sponsored game alongside Doritos, Mountain Dew, Axe body spray and rival Japanese game mag Dengeki.

Kojima Productions' PSP game hits Japan next week and we'll see how the gaming public there warms to it not long after. North America and Europe will be enjoying the perfection of Peace Walker in June, so that we may judge it for ourselves.

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
  • They'll never know what hit 'em...
  • XBL: NinjaBBehrens
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 12:10:57 AM »
I dont know what the forum etiquette here on necroposting is, so I was just going to stab into this one, seeing as it is a quiet subforum anysways.

Peacewalker was amazing and it had me glued to my PSP for a few months. I have racked up 100 hours in my save and I still have things that I have not completed. I wanted to get more out of the co-op modes but my friends nearby are sort of unreliable on the matter.

Has anyone else here actually played and beaten the game?

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 03:54:00 AM »
I dont know what the forum etiquette here on necroposting is, so I was just going to stab into this one, seeing as it is a quiet subforum anysways.

Peacewalker was amazing and it had me glued to my PSP for a few months. I have racked up 100 hours in my save and I still have things that I have not completed. I wanted to get more out of the co-op modes but my friends nearby are sort of unreliable on the matter.

Has anyone else here actually played and beaten the game?

Wow, Necroposting, what a cool word :)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 08:13:37 AM »
Peace Walker is one of the few games I've ever bothered to play on my PSP, but I've never finished it.

As far as necroposting, it's ok as long as it's relevant to the thread.  No reason to create a new thread if one already exists, not matter how old it is.   :)

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
  • They'll never know what hit 'em...
  • XBL: NinjaBBehrens
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »

As far as necroposting, it's ok as long as it's relevant to the thread.  No reason to create a new thread if one already exists, not matter how old it is.   :)

That's my opinion on it also, but every forum has it's own rules. Glad to see I am in compliance.

PeaceWalker is the game for the PSP. If you havent at least beaten the story (and the second part of the story in chapter 5 outer heaven), I would seriously recommend it. It's too bad there is no infrastructure mode for it or I would invite you to a game.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads