Author Topic: Original Shows or Movies for Xbox  (Read 1055 times)

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
Original Shows or Movies for Xbox
« on: September 19, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
The New York Times Bits Blog is reporting that Microsoft has hired former CBS executive Nancy Tellem to head up production of "original video content" for the Xbox.

It's not clear what kind of shows would be produced for Xbox, but it's reasonable to assume that it probably has something to do with games or entertainment. Whatever it is, though, it could also serve as a beachhead for Microsoft to start pumping out content across Xbox and Windows. Especially since Microsoft has become interested in distribution lately.

Other companies, like Hulu and Netflix, have been moving into original content recently as well. As movie studios and networks increasingly lash out against distribution channels they don't own—and even those they do—everyone seems to have decided to just make their own.

We'll see what Microsoft does with its new video department. It could be really cool, or it could just as easily be really lame. Although if nothing else, this will probably be one more thing keeping Xbox Live Gold from being free.

Original article:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/with-hollywood-hire-microsoft-ups-entertainment-efforts/
[/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Original Shows or Movies for Xbox
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
This must be where Microsoft routed its resources after ending their various video series (Major's Minute, Xbox 101, etc.).

I loved the partnership MS did to bring The Guild to XBL for free.  I'd like to see more things like that.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Original Shows or Movies for Xbox
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:09:27 AM »

I loved the partnership MS did to bring The Guild to XBL for free.  I'd like to see more things like that.

x2

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads