Linked Events

• Left 4 Dead 2: Cold Stream: July 24, 2012

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2  (Read 9626 times)

Offline ApocalysePony

• XBL: ApocalysePony
Re: Left 4 Dead 2
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2009, 03:14:26 PM »
Soo i just saw the gameplay from the demo version and it's pretty damn cool lol but i happened to see the most intresting item in the game...."the vile of boomer vomit" it was amazing! :D check it out. O0

Offline AchyHippo

• XBL: AchyHippo
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2009, 03:33:49 PM »
I have the demo, its ok, looks a lot prettier actually and yes there is boomer bile, you use it to sic infected on other infected.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
Left 4 Dead 2 DLC has not been named
Valve puts to bed the rumours of Miracle and Apocalyptic pack.

Valve's Chet Faliszek has dismissed news that Left 4 Dead 2's DLC will come in the form of Miracle and Apocalyptic packs.

"If you're reading in the forums and you're reading about the 'Miracle' DLC or whatever, that's test code," Faliszek explains. "To get tested through Microsoft certification we had to do test scenarios with DLC. We haven't actually come out internally with what we're going to do yet."

So there you go. Though he doesn't deny that there will be DLC because hey, it's not like anyone's going to believe that, right?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
Left 4 Dead 2 demo on Xbox Live

Xbox Live Gold subscribers and PC owners can download the Left 4 Dead 2 demo today.

We strongly suggest you do. The 2GB file shouldn't scare you.

PC pre-orderers of L4D2 have been playing the demo since late October. Xbox Live Silver members won't have access 10th November.

The demo features a section of The Parish, set in New Orleans' French Quarter, and can be played by 1-4 players either locally or over the internet - although Xbox is limited to two-player split-screen locally.

Left 4 Dead 2 will be released in shops on 20th November. Steam, however, will sell the PC version from 17th November.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
Downloaded the demo, havn't played it yet though, was finishing WET earlier.

Offline ApocalysePony

• XBL: ApocalysePony
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
I found this video earlier on youtube, and to my surprise the older special infected really do have new polished skins! normally you can only see them from a distance exploding are their charging at you so fast its hard to get a good look at em. But for those of you who are freakishly obsessed with Zombies and the L4D 2 craze going about like i am check out this video to get a closer look....Oh and a wow factor, if you thought you boomer was revolting check out the dudes girlfriend  :-\ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkqVrYPAhPg

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:45 AM »
Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing in March

Valve has said that Left 4 Dead 2 add-on The Passing is due out in March.

The news came from Microsoft's X10 event in San Francisco last night where Valve's Chet Faliszek also told Kotaku that Left 4 Dead 1 would get an add-on about a month later.

That chunk will tell the story of how the original survivors ended up getting to where they are when you encounter them in The Passing.

According to Faliszek, The Passing itself will see the two groups - you as the L4D2 cast and the originals as NPCs - joining forces to deal with one of its chapters.

There's also a new uncommon common infected, the Fallen Survivor, who occasionally drops items like health kits when dispatched.

Pricing for The Passing will be announced closer to the launch.

Elsewhere, Valve has revealed that gamers dispatched 28,981,249,043 zombies in the first two months of L4D2's existence, and produced some funky stats to contextualise the figure, like how tall the zombie tower would be if you stacked the bodies head to toe.

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »
So they are going to charge this time around eh....?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2010, 05:49:23 AM »
Left 4 Dead 2 gets permanent Realism Vs mode, new weekly Mutation

You guys really liked that Realism Vs mode in Left 4 Dead 2, huh? Lucky for you, Valve's Left 4 Dead Blog passes along word that it's been made into a permanent game type. Valve reports the final results of the in-game poll show 68 percent of those voting wanted it to be permanent, while only 21 percent of those voting didn't want it hanging around -- the final 11 percent really had no opinion. Apathy doesn't help kill zombies, people.

And because it's past Thursday, there's now a new Mutation to enjoy: Follow the Liter. In this Scavenger variant, the gas spawning is limited to a solitary can in one location known to both the Survivors and the Infected. Sounds like Mad Max -- you know, but with zombies.

The Left 4 Dead Blog offers more details and teases us with next week's Mutation title: Last Gnome on Earth. You think that's a The World of David the Gnome reference?

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2010, 12:46:33 PM »
Valve has released details of the latest Left 4 Dead 2 mutation, Last Man On Earth.
Those who bought The Passing DLC have been able to enjoy the Mutations mode, where Valve changes the multiplayer mode every week.

This week, the Mutation mode is 'Last Man On Earth', a single-player (!) affair where you have to complete levels by yourself. No fellow survivors, no AI helping you, no Xbox Live random to jump in your game to waste your pipe bombs... just you. On your own.

Good luck with that. If anyone manages to complete even a single level of this mode.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »
Left 4 Dead Tank statue costs $324.99
So how good of a statue does all that cash get you?

A company called Gaming Heads has revealed a $324.99 Tank statue it has made for Valve.

The statue is 15 inches tall, comes with a pump action shotgun and is limited to 300 pieces. It looks bloody nice but it really is an extravagance at that price.

Gaming Head says it's the first in their Left 4 Dead 2 line, so expect more from them soon. We'd love to see their rendition of a Smoker...

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2010, 08:38:30 PM »
reminds me of my last girlfriend .... ??? wrong thread :P

i'll take 3!!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
NEW DLC COMING, COMPATIBLE WITH L4D1 and L4D2

The DLC will be released on October 5th and set you back a reasonable 560 MSP.

The greatest bit of news in this announcement is that the DLC will be compatible and playable in both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 when it releases!

The content fills in the gap between L4D and The Passing DLC in L4D2, elaborating on the story from the perspective of the original game's characters and how they arrived in New Orleans. Unlike The Passing however, The Sacrifice will let players choose which of the original cast... you know... kicks the bucket, rather than Valve deciding for us.

Along with the new playable three-map chapter, an updated version of the original game's No Mercy campaign will be added into L4D2. You'll still play as the original cast in No Mercy, but you'll now be able to use all the bonuses that L4D2 added: melee weapons, M60s and the defibrilator.

Valve haven't forgotten about that digital comic either, teasing that it will begin next month so everyone can get up to speed with the events prior to the new campaign. The comic will be released episodically, culminating in a total of 190 pages, and with a finale that will mirror the new DLC's plot.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »
Nice  :)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2010, 03:06:47 PM »
might spend some points next month and get all of l4d2's DLC at once. Then again i might just spend them all on queen and killers tracks for rock band  :D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads