Author Topic: Silent Hunter 5  (Read 672 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Silent Hunter 5
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
Ubisoft has announced that it is working on a fifth game in the Silent Hunter submarine simulation series.

Developed by Ubisoft Romania, Silent Hunter 5 will be released for the PC in early 2010. The game will take players into "uncharted territory" by putting them in control of a German U-boat to track down Allied Forces in the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea.

The title will also adopt the first-person view for the first time in the series as players lead a submarine crew across various campaigns. Other new features include an improved user interface and enhanced graphics.

Since the first game was released in 1996, the Silent Hunter series has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. The last title in the franchise was 2007's Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific.

Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Re: Silent Hunter 5
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:21:12 AM »
The collector's edition of Silent Hunter 5 has been recalled from sale in Germany due to its use of illegal WWII symbols.

According to German website ComputerBase, the submarine simulator was called back because the special edition features multiple depictions of the swastika.

It is currently against the law to graphically depict the symbol in Germany. Developer Ubisoft Romania failed to remove the sign from the game and its manual.

Silent Hunter 5 was released for the PC on March 7. The regular edition remains unaffected by the recall.
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads