Author Topic: Chasing Gamerscore  (Read 11128 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Chasing Gamerscore
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
Does make you wonder what their life is like though  :-\ Besides playing video games 24/7 what else do they do?

Nothing, 24/7 gives them no time at all to do anything else  :P

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 08:03:21 PM »
True :D
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 05:04:33 AM »
  :-\ Besides playing video games 24/7 what else do they do?

microwaving boritos ?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 06:20:17 AM »
Stallion83's Gamerscore is now over 450,000

Here's his blog

Astrex

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
Does make you wonder what their life is like though  :-\ Besides playing video games 24/7 what else do they do?

Oh snap!

You got a point there, as much as I love xbox and just unwinding and getting lost within a game I have better things to do, if I was given the choise, lose the xbox or the gym I would rather go without xbox.

The hobby is expensive as it is already, but to go nuts and just play for score, that's crazy holmes  8)

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »
Does he have a wife/girlfriend/significant other?
They have my sympathy if he does....

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 05:26:02 AM »
I am not a huge score whore (yet, i am getting there) but i love the sense of achievement you feel when you get all the cheeves on a game. I have only done this with around 6 games but each time made me feel fuzzy and warm inside. If i really love a game or it's quite easy i will try and go for the full gamerscore but i don't see the point in doing this with games you really don't enjoy (unless they are super easy) or that are frustrating. gears 2 pisses me off when they put things like the seriously cheeve in, blatantly just trying to get you to play their game and nothing else.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 05:29:08 AM »
I am not a huge score whore (yet, i am getting there) but i love the sense of achievement you feel when you get all the cheeves on a game. I have only done this with around 6 games but each time made me feel fuzzy and warm inside. If i really love a game or it's quite easy i will try and go for the full gamerscore but i don't see the point in doing this with games you really don't enjoy (unless they are super easy) or that are frustrating. gears 2 pisses me off when they put things like the seriously cheeve in, blatantly just trying to get you to play their game and nothing else.

Seriously 2.0 is a lot easier to get than Seriously on Gears 1, despite needing 90,000 more kills, you can grind them like crazy in single player to get it, but it's boring repeating the Brumak level over and over for easy kills.

Astrex

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 05:30:56 AM »
Recently I have been feeling a little against cheevos, I have played some really pants games and just gotten score out of them and then weigh up the costs... isit really worth it.

I got to admit I feel like I have gotten lost in score and no longer enjoy gaming for the games.

About a year ago when I first joined True Achievements I was shocked to notice that my Average Achievements Ratio was below 50%, and ever since I really started whoring away and the fun disapeared, I wish I could go back to not caring and If i rented a poor game I would just send it back but I end up forcing myself to play a sh*t game  :'(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »
Recently I have been feeling a little against cheevos, I have played some really pants games and just gotten score out of them and then weigh up the costs... isit really worth it.

I got to admit I feel like I have gotten lost in score and no longer enjoy gaming for the games.

About a year ago when I first joined True Achievements I was shocked to notice that my Average Achievements Ratio was below 50%, and ever since I really started whoring away and the fun disapeared, I wish I could go back to not caring and If i rented a poor game I would just send it back but I end up forcing myself to play a sh*t game  :'(

Same for me mate, but i'm sending Naughty Bear back today thats for sure, i've played some bad games for gamerscore but this bores the crap out of me so it's straight back to Lovefilm, hopefully they'll send me something good next time.

Astrex

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 05:38:57 AM »
Yeah I totally understand.

I am playing Prison Break at the moment and the game is just pure sh*t! for some reason I still keep trying to play it.

It's gotten to the point I don't play my xbox cos I only have sh*t games to work on.

Wow my mindset on games is wrong... well at least on p*ssy my attitude will never change! every hole is a goal apart from a man hole  :D

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 05:46:41 AM »

Seriously 2.0 is a lot easier to get than Seriously on Gears 1, despite needing 90,000 more kills, you can grind them like crazy in single player to get it, but it's boring repeating the Brumak level over and over for easy kills.

it is. I will however be doing this before gears comes out, if ya fancy helping lol  ;D

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 06:29:06 AM »
I won't play a game I'm not enjoying just to get the achievements any more, but if I enjoy a game I will do my best to get as many of the achievements as possible. Take Battlefield 2: Bad Company. I've really enjoyed playing this game (so much better than MW2) so I want to complete it. Until Onslaught Mode was released I was only one achievement shy of the maximum (that bloody Demolition kills one) and I'm desperate to get 100% on it. I think if you're enjoying a game the achievements just help to extend the life of the game and the enjoyment :)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline RedMaster11

• Super Dooper Member
  • XBL: Red Master 11
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 06:32:18 AM »
I'm with JT. I've been off the whoring for a while. I'm looking forward to Crackdown 2 though, the main thing I loved about the first one was the fun and varied achievements it had. Looks like number 2 is gonna be similar.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 06:39:07 AM »
I won't play a game I'm not enjoying just to get the achievements any more, but if I enjoy a game I will do my best to get as many of the achievements as possible. Take Battlefield 2: Bad Company. I've really enjoyed playing this game (so much better than MW2) so I want to complete it. Until Onslaught Mode was released I was only one achievement shy of the maximum (that bloody Demolition kills one) and I'm desperate to get 100% on it. I think if you're enjoying a game the achievements just help to extend the life of the game and the enjoyment :)

I absolutely agree with you, especially about battlefield.

I'm with JT. I've been off the whoring for a while. I'm looking forward to Crackdown 2 though, the main thing I loved about the first one was the fun and varied achievements it had. Looks like number 2 is gonna be similar.

I absolutely agree with you, especially about crackdown

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads