Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning  (Read 5750 times)

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
The scores are good so far, and player reaction seems positive. Looking forward to hearing more Mojo :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline MumseyFish

• Time Zone: GMT -05
    • Facebook Page
  • PSN: MumseyFish
  • XBL: Mumsey Fish, Squishary
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:01 AM »
Fable 2 wasn't completely awful. Not like fable 3... I can't believe they even released that.  I wouldn't say Reckoning was an adult version of fable. More like a kids version of skyrim? A simplified, cartooney version of it.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »
So it's full of depth with the conversation choices or does it essentially railroad?
In the demo there seemed to be some kind of faction system, how does this play out?
How is the writing, up to par?
And is it worth the price of admission?
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
Well, there are conversation choices...but it seems to me (and maybe someone else could confirm this for me?) that no matter what you choose in the conversation it kind of leads to the same place. 

I haven't tried to join any of the factions yet and have mostly been trying to level up with side missions and trying to get a lot of healing potions because (and again, can someone confirm this?) the fighting is pretty difficult, especially in the main quest dungeons....and I seem to die a lot.  Of course, this coming from me doesn't mean much because I seem to die a lot in all my games! lol I'm playing on normal, not easy...so that might make a difference. Or it could be that I'm just really bad...which is probably the case!  :o

The weapons you start out with are pretty awful, though you get some fairly decent ones pretty early in the game.  Or at least I did...I think from doing side missions.  I'd like to think you get even better ones as you level up. I'm pretty sure that will be the case.

The writing is decent. The dialogue and acting is pretty good. There seems to be some character development so far. My only issue is the whole ...well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't gotten into the story yet.

(click to show/hide)

My recommendation is that this is one of those games that you would probably want to borrow or rent before you buy.  I'm glad I bought it and I'm enjoying playing it, but I can't say it's for everyone. A friend of mine came over while I was playing, took one look and said it wasn't for him.  But then, he's also less into RPG's and more into shooting things.

Offline Mojo Red

• Poker Player
    • Twitter
  • XBL: Mojo Red
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »
The weapons you start out with are pretty awful, though you get some fairly decent ones pretty early in the game.  Or at least I did...I think from doing side missions.  I'd like to think you get even better ones as you level up. I'm pretty sure that will be the case.
Yeah they really don't start you off with much and you don't get your pre-order/demo goodies till you make it to the first town.

Since I was going to the melee route I went with using the Shephard armour that you get from registering the Online Pass code. The pieces by themselves aren't great but the set bonus is. As for the weapon I actually was able to craft a decent longsword with fire bonuses very early in the game which still has better stats then other swords I've come across from doing quests.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 09:09:58 PM »
Sounds good, how does the amour look ingame? from the demo only the mage gear looked decent aesthetically, the rest just lacked sheen.

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:25 AM »
After playing this for a few days I've decided that I really like it.... a lot. 

Offline Jurassic Parky

• XBL: Jurassic Parky
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
It took me about 2 hours to get into it properly, now I can't put it down. :D

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
Interesting.

I've also heard that some people have been instantly hooked at the get-go with it and then lost interest as they progressed through it.

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
What can I say....I seem to always do things backwards!  :o

Offline Mojo Red

• Poker Player
    • Twitter
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
I'd have to say if people can get through the SLOW beginning it does become a lot more interesting.

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »

I'd have to say if people can get through the SLOW beginning it does become a lot more interesting.

I agree.

Offline Mojo Red

• Poker Player
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
EA has announced The Legend of Dead Kel DLC pack for KoA which will be available for download on March 20th for 800msp.

Here are the deets...

Quote from: EA
The quest for glory continues in Amalur! EA, 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games unveiled The Legend of Dead Kel™, the first downloadable content (DLC) pack for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™, the critically acclaimed open-world action role-playing game. Featuring a mysterious tale of intrigue, danger and dark magic on the island of Gallows End, players will encounter shadowy characters and new enemies, and will experience a host of new side quests, treacherous battles and exciting new challenges. The Legend of Dead Kel gives players access to Gallows End, a gigantic new continent to explore where players claim ownership of a vast personal estate and experience new weapons, Twists of Fate and other perks against new enemies. The Legend of Dead Kel will be available starting on March 20, 2012 on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam.

The Legend of Dead Kel DLC and the story of Gallows End will feature:

An Epic New Questline – The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters

New Enemies, Dungeons, Items – Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons

The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks

Tons more to Explore – The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur.

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
Nice!  I can't wait.  ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

Interesting.

I've also heard that some people have been instantly hooked at the get-go with it and then lost interest as they progressed through it.

I'll let you all know how I take to it ... when I unwrap it next year.   #toomanygames  :-[

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads