Linked Events

• AC: Brotherhood (US): November 16, 2010
  • AC: Brotherhood (UK): November 19, 2010

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood  (Read 7836 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 06:08:10 AM »
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood pre-orders beating ACII's
Title will "reaffirm" Ubisoft's online dominance, says Guillemot

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has revealed that pre-orders for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood are 20 per cent ahead of those enjoyed by Assassin's Creed II a year ago.

The news bodes well for the game: ACII went on to storm the UK charts and become one of 2010's most celebrated releases.

Speaking in a conference call last night following the announcement of the firm's fiscal Q1 results, Guillemot said that Brotherhood would see Ubi "reaffirm" its position as the No.1 multiplayer video games developer.

"Pre-orders are currently higher than last year, and according to EDAR-IMG metrics coming out of E3, Assassin's Creed ranked number one in terms of purchase intent," he said.

He added: "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood should allow us to reaffirm our position as one of the industry's best multiplayer developers.

"The pre-orders are the strongest ever seen, already 20 per cent above those from the same period last year, even before the awards announced following E3."

In the same call, Guillemot claimed that Ubi was confident that Brotherhood had no direct competition in the Christmas market.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be released in November on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Astrex

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 08:20:59 AM »
I have pre-ordered! woot woot! never did bother with AC2 because I was supposed to rent it, then got bored of waiting for the rental then

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »
after seeing those videos all i can say is..............................

I'm so excited
And i just can't hide it
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want assassins creed brotherhood, I want assassins creed brotherhood.    ;D

I have pre-ordered! woot woot! never did bother with AC2 because I was supposed to rent it, then got bored of waiting for the rental then

:o  You should definitely play it before brotherhood. It's a bloody amazing game and as the story will be continuing on from it in brotherhood it's essential. Please please please buy it or rent it or borrow it, just PLAY IT!!  :)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »

Because the preorder bonus is better.   ;D

Astrex

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »

I'm so excited
And i just can't hide it
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want assassins creed brotherhood, I want assassins creed brotherhood.    ;D

:o  You should definitely play it before brotherhood. It's a bloody amazing game and as the story will be continuing on from it in brotherhood it's essential. Please please please buy it or rent it or borrow it, just PLAY IT!!  :)

I 100%'d it brother  ;)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 09:49:08 AM »

I'm so excited
And i just can't hide it

I have pre-ordered! woot woot! never did bother with AC2 because I was supposed to rent it, then
got bored of waiting for the rental then

I 100%'d it brother  ;)

??? ??? ???
I am confused

Astrex

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
lol I never rented it, I went and brought it after getting sick of waiting, I don't think I actually finished my post earlier and just sent it, my bad  :-*

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »
lol I never rented it, I went and brought it after getting sick of waiting, I don't think I actually finished my post earlier and just sent it, my bad  :-*

Well thats ok then. Was worried but now it's all better  :)

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »

Speaking in a conference call last night following the announcement of the firm's fiscal Q1 results, Guillemot said that Brotherhood would see Ubi "reaffirm" its position as the No.1 multiplayer video games developer.

He added: "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood should allow us to reaffirm our position as one of the industry's best multiplayer developers.

Reaffirm? When exactly did Ubi have any cred as a decent multiplayer developer?

Your mom!

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 12:42:11 PM »

I was thinking the same thing shakes

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
Over 10 years of Rainbow Six games, nearly 10 years of Ghost Recon games, then there are the Far Cry games, Splinter Cell has multiplayer plus probably a load more PC titles too, pretty good multiplayer pedigree right there.  :)

Astrex

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
Over 10 years of Rainbow Six games, nearly 10 years of Ghost Recon games, then there are the Far Cry games, Splinter Cell has multiplayer plus probably a load more PC titles too, pretty good multiplayer pedigree right there.  :)

Damn son! I think you just crak'd da whip!  :D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 03:15:47 PM »

"Reaffirm" was probably the wrong word.  "Reclaim" is more appropriate.   ;)

ps.  My first thought following "... Ubisoft's online dominance" was THIS.   :D

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 05:04:05 PM »

Well if your definition of being "number 1" is having some games in the catalog that just happen to feature multiplayer, then Ubi is super dominant indeed (along with 99% of all the other publishers out there at this point). But if your definition has more to do with having a multiplayer component that people actually play/care about, then Ubi loses before it even starts.

I'd say that a better measure of being number 1 is having the most active players. If that is the standard, I'd say Valve has probably had the crown since Counter-Strike was first released. Or maybe Blizzard, if you count MMOs as games ( ;) )
Your mom!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »
I wasn't saying they were number 1, just saying they've got some pretty good MP games that's all, it's Ubi's own people that are saying they were number 1.  :)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads