Author Topic: Introducing the Wii U  (Read 9207 times)

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
Re: Introducing the Wii U
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 03:53:26 PM »
So true ;D
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 04:11:58 PM »
The generations have gotten wider since the late 90's

So true ;D

You saying i'm fat ;) :P

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
lol haha! u said it first not me!!!!! :P
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
Nintendo's successor to the Wii has been revealed.

Nintendo Introduces Wii-U at E3 2011 Conference:

That's the console, although the presentation didn't focus much on it, as the controller seems to be the star of the show.

Here's an image of that:

Presentation Clip:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUit2GR7Oc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUit2GR7Oc</a>

What do you think?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »
For the last couple of days, I've been playing with making a stupid joke video of the Wii U.  But since I have very limited time for pet projects like that during the week, a teenager on Summer vacation beat me to it.  >:(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9sS7kWpPhM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9sS7kWpPhM</a>

It's ok.  His turned out better than mine probably would have.   ;)

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
There are some neat features with the screen on the control pad, But it looks very uncomfortable to hold for gaming especially for games like FPS, I suppose it could work well with RPG's.
To be honest it really does not interest me, I like the way Nintendo try and innovate gaming and I do like the way they try to get the whole family into gaming, But it's not for me.
Also it kind of feels like a add-on to the Wii rather than a new console, A little like the way Kinect is with the 360.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
annnd that controller will cost a shitload of $$ that i dont wanna spend.
NTY i sold my Wii, im banking on that L.E Gears xbox :3

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
Wii U will not play DVD or Blu-Ray video.

We feel that enough people already have devices that are capable of playing DVDs and Blu-ray, such that it didn't warrant the cost involved to build that functionality into the Wii U console because of the patents related to those technologies.

[Nintendo]

It's like they want core gamers to not take them seriously.

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »
Probably going to pass on this console.

We have two Wii's, I'm the only one that uses them and that's for the 'fit'.  My youngest son has seemed to have abandoned his in favor of his brother's xbox and/or mine.  I love Mario Kart racing, but finding friends that still want to race is getting hard to come by.

I'll probably by myself the GOW 3 console and give my FFXIII console to my youngest son.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
Wii U launches in Europe on November 30th
Mass Effect 3, FIFA 13, ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros U all available on launch day.

The Wii U will launch across Europe on November 30th, Nintendo has confirmed. That's twelve days after America, but a week before Japan. Merry Christmas.

In terms of content, the bundles on offer in Europe are much the same as the ones already announced for Japan, with a basic package containing a white console and gamepad, and the premium black console coming with extras such as a charging cradle and stands for both gamepad and console.

One key difference is that the European premium bundle will come with NintendoLand as a pack-in. That's the family compilation that Nintendo clearly hopes will repeat the success of Wii Sports. Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, Mario, Luigi, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Takamaru's Castle, Ballon Fight and F-Zero are the Nintendo properties getting the minigame treatment. If that all sounds a bit twee, you'll be able to opt for a more grisly ZombiU premium bundle.

As usual, Nintendo is being frustratingly coy regarding price, insisting that it's up to local retailers to decide how much to charge. First into the fray was Amazon, asking for just £199 for the basic model, while ShopTo.net has jumped in with a £279.85 price tag for the premium bundle. Expect other retailers to fit their prices in between those - we'll bring you an update when more prices go live.

UPDATE: Amazon UK has now quietly dropped the £199 price from its pages but eagle-eyed Eurogamer reader carlosvandego has spotted that Gamestation in Redditch has Tweeted: "Basic edition £210 Premium edition £250. Preorder in store NOW £20 deposit!"

The full launch day software line up consists of: New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Darksiders 2, FIFA 13 and Mass Effect 3. Downloadable games available at launch are an exclusive version of Trine 2, Toki Tori 2 and trippy twin-stick shooter Nano Assault Neo.

Looking further ahead into the ambiguously defined "launch window", the big news from Nintendo's announcement was that Bayonetta 2 not only exists but will be exclusive to Wii U. Platinum Games will also serve up the bright and breezy superhero game The Wonderful 101, which has a very distinctive Viewtiful Joe style.

It was so heavily rumoured that it could hardly be called a surprise, but Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be coming to the console. You'll be able to play local multiplayer using the TV and touchscreen for each player. Also sure to please hardcore gamers was the reveal that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be available on both Wii U and 3DS, and you'll be able to share save data between the two. Nice. That's coming in March 2013.

Also due in the first few months of the console's life are Assassin's Creed 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Epic Mickey 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, the Armoured Edition of Batman: Arkham City, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, NBA 2K13 and Lego City Undercover. That last title, developed by TT Games, will come in a limited edition pack with a free Lego minifigure of the game's hero, Chase McCain.

Offline Smithk4

• PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »
Nintendo: Replacement GamePads are gonna cost you

Replacing damaged GamePads is set to cost Wii U owners "a fee," Nintendo revealed today. Last week the companydisclosed that Wii U is launching in North America without additional GamePads available at retail, and that damaged GamePads can be replaced via Nintendo's customer service. Today, however, Nintendo told Polygon this replacement service isn't free.

Nintendo didn't disclose any further details, nor did the company elaborate on the future price of additional GamePads when those become available. In Japan, an additional GamePad is retail priced at ¥13,440 ($173). The Wii U launches in North America on November 18, priced at $300 for the 8GB Basic set and $350 for the 32GB Premium set.

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »
Nintendo: Replacement GamePads are gonna cost you

Replacing damaged GamePads is set to cost Wii U owners "a fee," Nintendo revealed today. Last week the companydisclosed that Wii U is launching in North America without additional GamePads available at retail, and that damaged GamePads can be replaced via Nintendo's customer service. Today, however, Nintendo told Polygon this replacement service isn't free.

Nintendo didn't disclose any further details, nor did the company elaborate on the future price of additional GamePads when those become available. In Japan, an additional GamePad is retail priced at ¥13,440 ($173). The Wii U launches in North America on November 18, priced at $300 for the 8GB Basic set and $350 for the 32GB Premium set.

Good gawd.  The controller is 1/2 the cost of the entire thing?!?  :o

They probably don't want "GamePads" on store shelves confusing the uninformed when shopping for their grandchildren.  I'm sure they're worried people will buy "GamePads" thinking they're 3DS's, Vitas, or mistaking it for the console itself.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 05:30:07 PM »
Nintendo quietly dropped this boom a couple of weeks ago:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0</a>

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »
Nintendo decides - "Let's try to introduce the Wii-U again" -  #)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybA6nGKi9pY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybA6nGKi9pY</a>

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads