Author Topic: Hellgate: London  (Read 718 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Hellgate: London
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
Korean publisher HanbitSoft has announced a deal with Namco Bandai to re-launch online role playing game Hellgate in North America and Europe.

After its release in 2007, Hellgate: London gained a committed fanbase among RPG gamers, but was suspended worldwide in January last year after creator Flagship Studios filed for bankruptcy.

Following Flagship's demise, HanbitSoft immediately snapped up rights to the Hellgate franchise in Asia and has now moved to also secure worldwide distribution rights.

The firm plans to re-launch the series as Hellgate: Resurrection over 2010, starting in Korea and parts of South East Asia, followed by North America, Europe, and Japan.

"We would like to thank Namco Bandai Games America for allowing us to acquire the Hellgate publishing rights and are thrilled to have eager gamers worldwide return and enjoy the franchise," said HanbitSoft chief executive Kee-Young Kim.

"Hellgate: Resurrection is heading towards success in Korea such that we decided to push ahead with launching the game overseas next year. We will do our best to get the game to the fans as soon as possible."

Zack Karlsson, Namco Bandai Games America senior director of business development, added: "We are pleased to participate in the revitalisation of Hellgate through this agreement and are deeply gratified to allow HanbitSoft to take the lead on this franchise and bring this game to the people who seek it."

Hellgate: Resurrection will feature all new content, including a removed level cap and either free-to-play or subscription options. HanbitSoft is also currently working on an expansion pack, titled Hellgate: Tokyo, which will be released in Korea in March.
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Hellgate: London
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »

South Korean publisher Hanbitsoft has announced that Hellgate: London will enter closed beta on June 3-5 and that it will be Free-to-Play. The hack and slash MMO which combined elements of the Diablo series as well as both feudal and sci-fi themed direction had high hopes but ultimately fell flat due to convoluted gameplay and technical issues, as well as lackluster community support and its servers closed just two years after its November 2007 release.

So it's basically a game where Cthulhu crawled onto Earth and you donned neon plate armor to shoot him in the face.

Thankfully, the game is going to be given a second chance from to South Korean publisher Hanbitsoft. It's unclear how exactly Hanbitsoft plans to follow through with the Hellgate re-release or if premium services will be offered, but fans who can't wait for Diablo 3 and need their gothic MMO fix might want to keep their eyes on this one.

[G4]

Offline Hells_JJ

• PSN: Eviloot666
  • XBL: Eviloot666
Re: Hellgate: London
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »
this makes me happy for i had hell gate London and loved it was a beta tester on it got a discounted one time payment for lifetime($100 i think) premium membership I took it and the lifetime wasn't very long  :'( :'( :'( (it was like 10-15$ a month for premium membership)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads