Linked Events

• BulletStorm (US): February 22, 2011
  • Bulletstorm (UK): February 25, 2011

Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 13105 times)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Bulletstorm
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:55 PM »
I'm not sure- after playing through this over the weekend I didn't get an instant 'gotta have' feeling out of it. The MP maps didn't feel like more than small rooms with all sorts of chaos - fun but a bit repetitive and the single-player just didn't call out for a revisiting, from neither a storyline or gameplay point of view.

I was pleasantly surprised by Steven-'Spike Spiegel'-Blum and his work as lead character Grayson Hunt, although some of the writing did get a bit melo-dramatic.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:31:30 AM by zerosum »

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2011, 03:13:28 AM »
For me, Bulletstorm is a lot of fun, both single player and multiplayer but at the end of the day it's not going to be a game I keep coming back to. It'll probably be played up until the Gears 3 beta comes out and then it'll serve it's true purpose :)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »
I played for about 30 minutes with Zero on Friday night before I got pulled away.  Haven't touched it since, but I'm looking forward to starting the campaign.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »
I'm loving it, the games hilarious and action packed. Love the character banter.

I got really into Anarchy when it was 4 of us Friday, trying to get enough points and some good coop elements needed like the final kill always being a team kill. Some were easy, others were a pain in the ass.

Like everyone, i can't see this lasting past me getting all the achieves (which should take awhile), but i do love it non-the-less. I'm trying to stretch it out so it lasts a good time, rather than me battering it all in a few days.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »
EA hails Fox for Bulletstorm controversy

EA has hailed Fox News' furious denouncement of Bulletstorm last month for putting a much-needed spotlight on its brand new IP.

In February the US network published an article titled "Is Bulletstorm the Worst Video Game in the World?" in which one of its experts argued that EA's schlocky shooter and games like it are responsible for an increase in sex crimes.

Speaking in an interview with IndustryGamers today, EA Games chief Frank Gibeau proudly insisted, "We love Fox News," before admitting that the publisher is not averse to deliberately courting controversy with its titles.

"Look, when you're building new IPs and you're building games and you're looking at an entertainment audience, they see a lot of messages. Controversy isn't a bad thing. I personally believe you should court controversy," he explained.

He did however advise a little caution, suggesting "you should do it in a way that matches the creative integrity of the game," rather than being willfully gratuitous.

"I loved it when Fox News did the lesbian aliens on Mass Effect," he added. "I loved when they covered the Taliban; I loved it when they covered the Bulletstorm stuff. In each one of those cases, it was true to the game and we were trying to do something creatively.

"The fact that their point of view is different than ours and represented an audience out there is fine by me. I felt we could stand up and defend what we did and be aggressive about it and be proud of it."

Gibeau went onto explain that although he didn't agree with what Fox had to say, he fully understood why the network took such a provocative stance on the game.

"Fox has an editorial point of view that works for a certain audience demographic that doesn't necessarily play Bulletstorm. From that perspective, they're trying to get eyeballs on their channels. I understand what they're trying to do. I'm not going to respect their point of view as it concerns some of the things that we've done. We're very proud of what we've done in each of those cases and have been very aggressive about defending ourselves,"

Whether it's down to Fox News or strong reviews, the People Can Fly-developed sci-fi shooter has indeed got off to a strong start, selling nearly 300,000 copies in the US in its first week on sale and debuting at number two in the UK charts.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »
Bulletstorm "didn't make money"

That's very surprising.  I thought the GoW3 Beta key would be enough to at least break even.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »

That's very surprising.  I thought the GoW3 Beta key would be enough to at least break even.

Trying to make a AAA shooter out of Bulletstorm was a bad idea from the start. They'd have been better off aiming for an Earth Defense Force style budget game.
Your mom!

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »

Same here.  I know a lot of people only bought Bulletstorm for the Beta.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2012, 07:10:25 AM »
Epic Decide Against Bulletstorm 2

Looks like we won't be seeing Bulletstorm 2 any time soon. A sequel was in development at People Can Fly, but the project was ditched by Epic.

That's according to president Mike Capps. He said that "initial development" on a follow-up to the over-the-top shooter had begun, but Epic decided that People Can Fly should work on something else.

"We thought a lot about a sequel," said Capps, "and had done some initial development on it, but we found a project that we thought was a better fit for People Can Fly."

He continued, "We haven't announced that yet, but we will be announcing it pretty soon."

Epic's decision is likely due to Bulletstorm's modest performance at retail. Capps' has already admitted that the EA published game didn't sell particularly well.

"I think Bulletstorm was very critically successful, and I think a lot of folks really enjoyed seeing something new," he said. "From a sales perspective it was good, but not amazing. I think EA was hoping we'd do better."

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »
Epic Decide Against Bulletstorm 2

"I think Bulletstorm was very critically successful, and I think a lot of folks really enjoyed seeing something new," he said. "From a sales perspective it was good, but not amazing. I think EA was hoping we'd do better."

Just recently replayed portions of this and I think I enjoyed it twice as much as the first go around. Didn't seem like a fair shake to Epic, for EA to release it the same year of a Gears release, it shared some of the same sensibilities. If anything, there was a dis-service done to the game by pulling that.

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »
I really loved Bulletstorm, though I am surprised how "poorly" it did based on the quality of the game. Shame really, maybe they'll pull a sequel in the future. Just seems unlikely now.

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »
I really loved Bulletstorm, though I am surprised how "poorly" it did based on the quality of the game. Shame really, maybe they'll pull a sequel in the future. Just seems unlikely now.

i completely agree you can pick up this here for 10 euro far more interesting than COD ;(

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads