• Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Doom 4
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »
Doom 3 was one of my favorites on the original Xbox.  I look forward to seeing what 6 years of tech advancements can do for the franchise.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:10:04 PM »
Doom 3 was hard .... but very cool and scary

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
Doom 3 was one of my favorites on the original Xbox.  I look forward to seeing what 6 years of tech advancements can do for the franchise.

same here, can't wait for doom 4.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
id Software's Rage team - including co-founder John Carmack - will turn its attention to finishing long-awaited shooter Doom 4 as soon as Rage is ready this October.

"As soon as Rage ships, the core tech team moves over to start making things happen on the Doom 4 project," Carmack told Gamespot.

Production on Doom 4 began back in 2008, although little has been heard of the game since. "We were really feeling the pinch before this. If you've got 50 people working on a project, it's not useful to have all of them on day one on there; you really want to have a smaller team building things. Then at the end now, we would have a hundred people on the team."

Still on the subject of Doom 4, Carmack noted the game's single-player was pegged at 30 frames per second. Rage fizzes along at a smooth 60 FPS, but that figure comes at a price. "You can't have 30 guys crawling all over you at 60 frames per second at this graphics technology level because it's painful," Carmack explained.

"For Doom 4, the single-player is going to go 30 frames per second on the consoles. So we can have 30 demons crawling all over you on there. But the multiplayer is still going to be 60 frames per second, so it has the quality feel that Rage has."

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
Doom 4 project rebooted, Bethesda confirms
"New version" of the game in development, but publisher not yet ready to talk about it

id Software has rebooted the long-in-development Doom 4 after an earlier version of the project failed to meet expectations, publisher Bethesda has confirmed.

Kotaku has published a lengthy report into the game which, based on information from multiple sources, 'is in trouble and is far from complete'.

While Bethesda wouldn't comment on much of the speculation present in the article, vice president of marketing and public relations, Pete Hines, said in a statement:

"An earlier version of Doom 4 did not exhibit the quality and excitement that Id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect.

"As a result, Id refocused its efforts on a new version of Doom 4 that promises to meet the very high expectations everyone has for this game and this franchise. When we're ready to talk about the Doom 4 Id is making, we will let folks know."

Kotaku's sources claim that the game, which has been in development for five years, was rebooted in late 2011 and is now planned for release on next-gen consoles.

They also allege that id is plagued by mismanagement and a lack of communication, which has reportedly left parent company Zenimax Media frustrated. They claim that all id development staff are now working on Doom 4 after Zenimax opted to postpone or cancel the studio's other projects, including Rage 2 after the original underperformed.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads