Author Topic: Movie & TV News, Posters & Stuff  (Read 235909 times)

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Time Zone: GMT
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
Re: Movie & TV News, Posters & Stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »
I love the alien films, I also thought that Ridley Scott did a fantastic job but something still fills me with worry and concern as the prequel will be venturing deep into unknown and unwritten territory.
It's going to come down to the directors vision or someone else having a stab at a story line that is a mystery for a reason (and adds to the terror of it all in a way) THIS COULD BE GOOD OR VERY BAD......I mean take Alien Ressurection for instance.......how badly could that have been mismatched in the story line just to crowbar another film out???

Also you will have now lost the main protagonist from the films and easily the most frequently named name in the (current) quadrilogy....

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 06:59:28 AM »
James McTeigue on Superman Reboot

It was recently reported that Warner Bros is working hard to reboot the Superman franchise and are currently looking to bring on a director. Some of the names that keep coming up are the Wachowskis (The Matrix, Speed Racer) and their protege James McTeigue (V for Vendetta, Ninja Assassin).

/Film had a chance to speak to McTeigue and asked him about whether he is in-talks to helm the new Superman movie and is being looked at to replace David Goyer on the "X-Men Origins: Magneto" film.

"[Magneto] was just one of those rumors that started out and I don't know where it came from or how it came up," he said. But when it came time to give an answer to the Superman rumor, he played it more coy. "You know... I would say... I'll keep you guessing, actually. It's good not to dispel every rumor, right?"

It is not much of a confirmation, but it is also not a denial. And if I had to take guess, his hesitation to answer the question means that he has already been approached by Warner Bros to helm or once again assist the Wachowskis.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »
Movie site, IESB, is reporting that Steven Spielberg is currently in talks to pick up Stuart Beattie's "Halo: The Fall of Reach" script to produce himself, under his Dreamworks umbrella. The site writes ...

"Spielberg is blown away by writer Stuart Beattie's take on the game in his script entitled HALO THE FALL OF REACH. This coupled with the fact that his Dreamworks umbrella is looking for a big tent pole to help launch their newly independant studio with distribution over at Walt Disney Pictures after losing Transformers to Paramount in the separation, it's the perfect combination."

Following the news that Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamp's Halo project is dead in the water, this maybe Microsoft's best chance to thrust their Halo into movie theatres. IESB is reporting that CAA, who reps both Beattie and Spielberg, are heavily pushing the negotiations; and considering the fact that Spielberg shares a good relationship with Microsoft - he even appeared as part of Microsoft's E3 press conference this year - this may not be a bad shout.

We'll chalk this down as a rumour for now until we hear something a little more official, but if this plays out, it could be interesting. Very interesting indeed. It may just turn a few more heads.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 05:59:13 AM »

Offline RedMaster11

• Super Dooper Member
  • XBL: Red Master 11
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 06:01:24 AM »
Frank Langella. How did he not win an award for his performance as Skeletor?  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 06:41:33 AM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
20 Reasons Why John Hughes Rocked the 80's

Rest in peace, John Hughes.  You made me a man before I even hit puberty.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »
Hugh Jackman Talks Wolverine 2
No matter what I think/say, I know I'm going to spend money to see this.  I hate myself ... don't look at me.

Kick-Ass Is Going, Going... Gone?
For those of you that don't know, Kick-Ass totally kicks ass.  If this movie is half as good as the comic, I'd be selling my right arm for the distribution rights as well.  I can't wait to see this movie.

Frank Langella Joins Wall Street 2
Ummm ...

What?  A sequel 20+ years in the making.  Must be a hell of a movie.

Green Hornet Finds His Kato
About damn time.

Jay Chou ... classically trained Taiwanese singer-songwriter  Cool?

Battlestar Galactica's Edward James Olmos will be playing a role  COOL!!!

Louis Letterier Talks Marvel Futures
Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Avengers.  [squeel]

Captain America so far is "Raiders of the Lost Ark with more gadgets ...  [squeel]!

... his dream for an Avengers Summer  [SQUEEEEEL]!!!

... equivocal about his 2007 Incredible Hulk  The Incredible Hulk got a bad rap because of the Ang Lee Hulk movie.  Frankly, I thought The Incredible Hulk was great.  And the fact it managed to be great despite Ang Lee's shadow, makes it INCREDIBLE  ;)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »
The 'I Am Lego' one cracked me up.   :D

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »
I Am Lego looks awesome.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »
bunch of movie news below

Ball Rolling On Rambo 5
Sly prepares John's next mission

There's no sign yet of the promised "John Rambo" director's cut of Sylvester Stallone's fourth Rambo outing, but Variety reports that work on Rambo 5 is underway, with Stallone again directing and (obviously) starring.

Stallone previously said that Part 4 was the final instalment: a similar cap to the series to Rocky Balboa. But he's clearly changed his mind. Apparently the story this time revolves around "Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the US-Mexico border".

The film will be produced under the wing of Nu Image / Millennium, where Sly is currently in post-production on The Expendables. Shooting, in every sense, will start next spring on what we're sure will be a sensitive examination of cross-border American societal issues. With awesome killing and maiming.

Get Ready For Bad Boys 3
This sh*t just got real. Again.

Bad Boys 2 may have been the sequel that nobody asked for, but we bought it anyway and it took a reported $273m worldwide. Its stars (well, Will Smith and Michael Bay) have risen astronomically in the years since the 1995 original, but The Hollywood Reporter says this morning that "all parties have expressed a willingness to return if a story can be hammered out".

Enter Peter Craig, who's knocking out the script as we speak. An established author of "darkly comic novels", and a graduate of the Iowa Writers Workshop under the tutelage of Tobias Wolff (thanks Wikipedia!), he's recently been working on the screenplay for Cowboy Bebop, adapted from the anime and set to star Keanu Reeves as Spike.

Bad Boys was solid but unremarkable. Bad Boys 2 was an absurdly overblown, late-coming surprise follow-up, which mixed the good (it's sporadically funny and has a freeway car chase which knocks a similar scene in its immediate contemporary The Matrix: Reloaded into a cocked hat), the bad (it was two and half bloody hours long) and the ugly (another, supremely bad-taste chase in which morgue-corpses are strewn all over the road). It was so ridiculous that it was a key inspirational source for Hot Fuzz.

So what do we think? Is there any way that Smith and Bay will actually turn out for this? And do we want them to? Was Bad Boys 2 fun enough to warrant more, or have we had enough already? Over to you...

Rob Zombie Is Remaking The Blob
Space jelly for the Superbeast

The first one introduced Steve McQueen to the moviegoing world. The second one starred Kevin Dillon and had a screenplay by Frank Darabont. And we will soon be able to beware The Blob again when Robert Cummings, aka Rob Zombie, gets to work next year.

Zombie's nightmare finding distribution for House of 1000 Corpses seems to be long over, and he's now firmly ensconced with creative control (read R ratings, lots of nudity and casting his wife Sheri Moon) at Dimension, who have been trying to get a Blob up and running for a while.

Variety reports that Zombie is dispensing with all notions of big red blobbiness, should anyone be concerned that this idea seems ridiculous. "That's the first thing I want to change," he says. "That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

So after Halloween and its sequel, why another remake? "I'd been looking to break out of the horror genre, and this really is a science fiction movie about a thing from outer space. I intend to make it scary, and the great thing is I have the freedom once again to take it in any crazy direction I want to."

The budget is set at around $30m (similar to District 9 and Cloverfield) and filming is planned for next spring. Rob has a new album out in November and plans to write the Blob script while he's on his winter tour. It'll give him something to do on the bus.

Zombie-related trivia: Bill Moseley, who played Otis Firefly in House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, and Z-Man in Halloween, played "Soldier no. 2" in the 1988 Blob remake.

Green Hornet pushed back to December 2010
Seth Rogen reassures us all it's for good reason

While it would appear that the latest news about The Green Hornet - that it's been shoved back from a July to a December release next year - is yet another bad omen, that's not how Seth Rogen feels.

While the movie is definitely being pushed back on Sony's schedule, it's been widely assumed that the move is to give the filmmakers - including director Michel Gondry - more time to get the thing finished in post-production.

Especially since it has yet to start shooting.

Talking to HitFix, producer/writer/star Seth Rogen has gone on record to explain. "We're both relieved and psyched about the change.  It gives more time for post, which would have been immensely rushed if we were to come out in the summer.

"It also affords us more time to promote the film, (now we can go to Comic-Con with more than a car!) and ultimately is a great vote of confidence from the studio.  We got the same date that movies like I Am Legend and Avatar are getting, so we're thrilled to be there."

So there you have it, folks - straight from the stoner horse's mouth.

Now we just want this thing to be in production so everyone can stop worrying...

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 03:19:20 PM »
New Poster For Bad Lieutenant
Cage and Mendes call New Orleans

There is a brand new poster online for movie mouthful Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans!

Nicolas Cage is said Bad Lieutenant, a druggie detective in love with a prostitute (Eva Mendes), who reigns over battered post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans.

We know it is hard to contain the excitement for Werner Herzog's coked-up cop drama, starring Nicolas Cage, Eva Mendes, Val Kilmer, and Alvin 'X to the Z Xzibit' Joiner, but hold it in, because the film isn't out until November 20.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »
30 More Days Of Night
Dark Days ahead

Bloody Disgusting have revealed that work is steaming ahead on a sequel to 2007's vampire graphic novel adaptation 30 Days of Night, which starred Josh Hartnett, Melissa George and Danny Huston in an adventure about a vampire attack in the Arctic circle winter.

Entertaining but flawed (Alaskan readers can correct us here, but when the sun came back up wouldn't it only have stayed up for a matter of minutes?) the original topped the US box office on the weekend it was released, so the most surprising thing about the follow-up, subtitled Dark Days, and again adapted straight from the comics series, is that it's taken this long.

It doesn't sound like any of the original cast will be returning however, and the director will be Ben Ketai, who shot a couple of webisode stories to accompany part one - original director David Slade is, of course, wrestling with a different sort of vampire on The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. BD say that the story will involve a recast Stella (George's character) joining some vigilante vamp hunters to get revenge on "Lilith, the vampire responsible for the attack on the Alaska town." Yes, you may've thought Danny Huston was responsible, but it turns out it was all his girlfriend's fault really.

No word yet on whether original producers Sam Raimi and Bob Tapert are involved. The script will be by Ketai and Steve Niles, who writes the comics. Shooting starts next month in Vancouver; a change from the original, which shot in New Zealand.

What do we think? Another palpable hit, or straight to DVD?

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads