Linked Events

• Free Comic Book Day: May 05, 2020

Author Topic: Comic Book Thread  (Read 16960 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Comic Book Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 12:06:31 PM »
Fuzzy,

I found several on eBay (UK) - clicky.

cheers neato. i will wait and see what kuddles can come up with but if thats a no go then ebay it is  :)

3 guys in the industry all said go through t'internet and hit ebay up.

It can be found but that'll be cheaper and easier for you. :)

Btw.....you would have to also specify which Juggernaut you were talking about about as there has been a)different people who have assumed the role, b)different frames of mind marko was in (he went good for a while to atone) and c)when it's from seeing as the current Juggernaut who is just starting serving with the new Thunderbolts is a damn sight weaker.....he needs air and stuff like that which they have attributed to his interaction/run in with cosmic force.........good old Fred the blob is still the same old Blob......

Neato, for lack of clarity and definition.....you are now my bitch!

I will resume my happily sitting back as Failed put it with my Tea and biscuits because that's how us English folk roll......being out the big guns when necessary and chill with a confident serenity when not.

Ladies and Gents goodnight!!

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Time Zone: GMT
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
Hehehehee

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
OK so I know I am bumping this but I hope it's worth it as I want to keep things fresh for people.....

If anyone else is comic minded that around now is a good time to start some new titles/renew some of the old.

Recently we have seen a new fresh look at Wolverine with a canny arc about him going to hell......

His son has fully reprieved the role as Dark Wolverine in his own title as well

Spiderman is set for a new arc.....

Daredevil is in a very good little mini series call Shadowlands (well worth also picking up the one-shots to go with this especially Ghost Rider)
and is also set to renew his own title soon.
However......it is not the man without fear title......

This role is now falling to the Black Panther.........

We're also into the new streams of Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy (groan.....IMO avoid) and Thunderbolts.....complete with new team......

DC is continuing Brightest Day in fantastic form with (IMO) the Green arrow title going from strength to strength.
Out of the ashes of Blackest Night a nice little one shot "Untold Tales of Blackest Night" has arrived which although not essential is a good addition if not a little late.
There is also the new Emerald Warriors title for those who are fans of Green Lantern but don't want to have the goody two shos aspect....think GL Black Ops.....

For those wanting something very new and different in the DC world...Action Comics.....It's Lex Luthor in his own (currently) title!!

Teen Titans has only just had a brand new start which ties in with the big one.........

Batman!
After the death of Batman, after the Battle for the Cowl, after the "new" batman and Robin and finally the return of Bruce Wayne......coming soon to a comic shop near you......Batman Inc!
Without trying to spoil too much Bruce Wayne has stepped up to say he funded Batman and is now taking it bigger!!!

Anyhue.....more to follow....

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »
Without trying to spoil too much Bruce Wayne has stepped up to say he funded Batman and is now taking it bigger!!!

"I want a Batman on every corner even if you have to give Utility Belts to the meter maids."

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »
Well it is going to be called Batman Inc after all......

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 04:40:09 PM »
OK then kids,

Batman Inc came out last week and I've had chance to read and digest.
For those who love the franchise as it's swiftly becoming is worth a read BUT I would strongly suggest you read it with the Batman: The Return one shot and if your comic book shop has got it reading up on the last Batman & Robin (Issue 16) has a closing which sets it all up.

I have my own thoughts and opinions on it so won't say much here but thought a heads up would go well.

Others of note.....for anyone following Green Lantern after Blackest Night then the newest edition has some interesting revelations and a great closer. (NB I said ages ago to be aware of the Indigo tribe.....)

Brightest Day has a great cover with White Lantern Batman (figure that out if you can!) and is a nice distraction.

For Marvel fans Thunderbolts was great for more than 1 reason........good continuation of the story plus bonus......the reprint of the first issue. All good stuff.

Good week for all.

Cheers

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
great insight kuddles

White Lantern Corps is Justice League in White Overalls .... that is all.

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »
Bit harsh on the white lanterns there me thinks......

Especially as there is only 1 (Deadman) and 12 others brought back from the dead who are both good and bad......

Still an interesting storyline though just not panning out as good as it needed to be to follow blackest night.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
I've been following the Batman & Robin series.  I'll be sure to jump into Batman Inc.

Thanks, Kuddles.

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
The big hook at the end of Batman and Robin 16 (with the press conference) does lead into it well.....but....go for the one shot as well.
Damien being typical him and I don't think that there will be a huge amount of him coming up seeing as he has made his entry into Teen Titans....in typical bravado boots on the table fashion!!!

Reviewing Batgirl and another Batman title this week for my friend so will update more for you. :)

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 06:51:32 AM »
OK so you may have guessed it, I'm letting my geekiness out and taking over this thread......

Later this weekend or next week I'll give you a proper heads up on a couple of titles but things to keep an eye out for.......

New Action comics issue this week (if you like Lex Luthor)
Invincible Iron Man is panning out really well too.....good new issue this week :)

The Incredible Hulks finishes it's most recent 6 issue arc "Dark Son"......not bad.....bit touchy feely though.

2nd issue of the new Uncanny X Force (good stuff!)

Paul Cornell takes over as the writer on Batman and Robin too (Grant Morrison is now on Batman Inc amongst other things)

D Fuzz....if you're reading Tec (Or Batman Detective Comics to the unknowing) 871 out this one and should be a good restart point......

Catch up later with a few more bits too!

Later Taters

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
'And the winner of the 'Geek Of The Year' award 2010 is'...............

'KyuubiKitsuni'

;D

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
Nice article on Empire Online.  30 Must Read Comics...

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 11:28:51 AM »
great read that luke, i am gonna be picking up the walking dead books in the new year and i am also interested in reading frank millers takes on batman.

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2010, 12:20:11 PM »
aww craigs lost his geek crown, shame ....

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads