• Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Halo 4
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »
343 Industries has started scouring for talent to join its Halo studio.

Microsoft has started searching for talent to join 343 Industries to work on a new Halo title.

While Bungie is applying the finishing touches to Halo: Reach, Microsoft is already looking ahead.

343 Studios was set up for Halo's life after Bungie and the outfit already has 17 vacancies that need filling, from producers to programmers and artists.

"343 Industries is forging the future of Halo, expanding and building upon one of the most important and successful franchises in gaming history," says the site.

"Halo is a rich and exciting universe that encompasses AAA video games, New York Times best-selling novels, world-class animation and much, much more. Just you wait. 343 is set to revolutionize gaming and entertainment by putting the industry's fiercest talent in one room and diving for cover. Come be part of the awesome."

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Halo 4
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:49:42 AM »
Do they need a gopher ? hire me!

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »

Microsoft has started searching for talent to join 343 Industries to work on a new Halo title.

While Bungie is applying the finishing touches to Halo: Reach, Microsoft is already looking ahead.

343 Studios was set up for Halo's life after Bungie and the outfit already has 17 vacancies that need filling, from producers to programmers and artists.

"343 Industries is forging the future of Halo, expanding and building upon one of the most important and successful franchises in gaming history," says the site.

"Halo is a rich and exciting universe that encompasses AAA video games, New York Times best-selling novels, world-class animation and much, much more. Just you wait. 343 is set to revolutionize gaming and entertainment by putting the industry's fiercest talent in one room and diving for cover. Come be part of the awesome."

I already am part of the awesome. I am a member of 360 Degrees Fahrenheit!!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 11:34:50 AM »

I already am part of the awesome. I am a member of 360 Degrees Fahrenheit!!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
Amen Brother Fuzz, the church of fahrenheit will have it's place in the heavens!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »
343 Industries already working on new project, reveals CV

The CV of a level designer at Microsoft's 343 Industries has outed the fact that development on an all-new Halo game has begun.

A new update on dev Paul Ehreth's LinkedIn profile (pictured) reveals that, as of this month, he's been 'designing new levels and missions for the next Halo project' at 343.

The current Halo project, of course, is Halo Reach - which is being developed by series creator Bungie.

Ehreth is a former Sony Online Entertainment employee and has worked for Microsoft Games Studios since 2009.

A host of 343 Industries job ads appeared on the official Microsoft site on July 1, advertising for help on a new Halo project.

One of them read: '343 Industries, Microsoft's internal Halo studio, is looking for an experienced Missions Designer who can design and build missions for our next big project.'

Looks like Paul got the post - and that the game's underway.

343 Industries was formed in 2009 by Microsoft to oversee all new Halo projects - including recent animation Halo Legends. It is headed up by ex-Bungie chief Frank O'Connor. Bungie announced that it was to leave Microsoft and become independent two years earlier. Microsoft retained the Halo IP.

Meanwhile, Bungie is pressing ahead with Halo Reach - which is due for release in the UK and US on September 14. A Collectors Edition of the title was revealed earlier this month.

Bungie recently revealed that it considered creating Halo 4 before deciding that Reach would be its final game in the franchise.

"Even before the idea to build a game based around Reach came about, a lot of other concepts were explored, up to and including a proper 'Halo 4,' where Master Chief was going to wake up from cryo-sleep and we were going to tell that story," community boss Brian Jarrard commented.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:33:22 PM by nCogNeato »

Astrex

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »
I jizzed! best news of the year  :P

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »
I certainly hope the story in Halo 4 will make more sense than Halo 3.

I've probably played through the campaign in Halo 3 more so than any other 360 game.  The story makes absolutely no sense, no matter how many times I've played it.  Which is a shame since the Halo universe is full of great lore.

Halo 1 & 2 had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire campaign's story.

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 02:15:16 AM »
The story is allways the same.Bad guys try and ruff up the place,good guy rolls in and makes everything rosy.
Just like the old spaghetti westerns!

Astrex

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 04:15:53 AM »
I certainly hope the story in Halo 4 will make more sense than Halo 3.

I've probably played through the campaign in Halo 3 more so than any other 360 game.  The story makes absolutely no sense, no matter how many times I've played it.  Which is a shame since the Halo universe is full of great lore.

Halo 1 & 2 had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire campaign's story.

Halo2 ending was poor, also Cortana is too old she should have gone skitzo now and she shouldn't be back for halo4 AI only have a life span of about 7 years before getting aggressive.

Halo3 was alright, I got the thing about the other rings and 'how one ring to rule them all and one ring to destroy them all'. I'm sure the Lord of the sh*t reference wasn't intentional.

I'm sure there's a Halo Wiki which has a summary of all the halo games wrapped up neatly on the interweb.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 04:58:36 AM »
The only time I was on the edge of my seat playing any of the Halo games was when I was getting up to turn them off.   :)

Seriously though, I enjoyed the first game, 2 & 3 were okay, though 3's MP was fun.  ODST was average too.

Astrex

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 05:17:03 AM »
Firefight 2.0 is going to whoop some ace! it looks tasty, I am tempted to book the day off to play it  ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
The only time I was on the edge of my seat playing any of the Halo games was when I was getting up to turn them off.   :)

:D

I hate you for making me laugh at that!   ;)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »

:D

I hate you for making me laugh at that!   ;)

;D

Sorry Neato!

markav

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »
Halo-never again, not for me.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads