Author Topic: Kinect Discussion  (Read 53503 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Re: Natal Discussion
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2010, 05:42:07 AM »
I just want a Milo
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2010, 05:46:55 AM »
Milo is dead, he drowned in his little pond after falling in looking at his reflection in the water, as Natal has no way of actually pulling anything from the screen, the tester in control at the time was powerless to help, though he later told Police that Milo got what he deserved, sad but true.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2010, 05:25:06 AM »
Not even funny :D :D
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2010, 05:29:06 AM »
Not even funny :D :D

Tragedy rarely is Tara

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
Microsoft bringing 'large franchise' to Project Natal
Hardcore-sounding Xbox series set to land on motion device

Microsoft is developing a new iteration of a 'large franchise' to work with Project Natal - and the mystery title reads like a hardcore game.

The info comes from a new Microsoft job ad spotted by CVG for a Level Designer. The candidate will work on a 'Project Natal Job' at the firm's Redmond Campus in Washington, US.

The job ad reads:

'MGS is looking for a talented, motivated and experienced Sr. Level Designer who can create innovative game-play solutions for a large franchise.

'The Sr. Level Designer is expected to implement major gameplay features to high quality, focusing on creating and implementing level designs. Qualified individuals are expected to be organized, with excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and have a proven track record in AAA game design.

'Must have a clear understanding and experience creating mission/environment design, look and feel, AI, combat, strategy, game-flow, and balance. We want somebody who can put forth ideas without fear, and build off other people's zany creations.

'Candidates who find fault with other people's brainstorms to prove how smart they are need not apply. Candidates must have passion for a broad range of game experiences, and be well versed in market trends and styles. While years of experience are a definite plus, positive creative energy and a wealth of genius ideas is a must. This is a rare opportunity to join a seasoned, creatively driven team on an exciting next-generation project.'

'Experience creating mission design... AI... combat'?

This sounds very much like a core franchise to us. Then again, the bit about building 'off other people's zany creations' is less exciting.

What do you reckon it could be?

It better not be Gears  >:(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
Aaron Greenberg on Project Natal's five-year lifespan
Microsoft exec distances tech from Sony's EyeToy in CVG interview

Microsoft has predicted that games will be created for Project Natal for the next five years - and rubbished claims that the hardware is comparable to Sony's EyeToy camera.

When asked by CVG how MS felt about accusations that Natal was simply a "jazzed-up EyeToy" at X10 last week, Microsoft's director of product management for Xbox said:

"We obviously could have done a motion controller if we'd have wanted to do that, but we felt that would be a much more interruptive experience. We had an opportunity here to really do something that's transformative and brings a whole new category of experiences to life.

"Now we're saying to creators: 'We can see when you move your hand, when you move your feet, we can track your body. I can stand in front of this sensor and it can recognise my face and know if it's me, or my brother or my sister.'"

Greenberg then forecast a rosy five-year future for Natal:

"The richness of the technology is going to really enable experiences that never had existed before," he added. "And we're not just speaking about what we're doing this year, but I think two, three, four, five years from now as this evolves.

"Millions of consumers this Holiday will be able to experience Project Natal and this is just the beginning of something that will change the way consumers interact with entertainment and change way our publishing partners think about game development."

Less talk and some gameplay footage would be nice, not the crappy tech demo stuff either or shaky fake cam rubbish, actual real gameplay footage, is it too much to ask for???  :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »
Check out Microsoft's awful Natal promotion, this time used in the tv show Smallville, terrible, it's the way the whole segment avoids subtlety to such an extent Microsoft would have been better off just screening a proper Natal commercial during the ad break instead.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4HomEnDzXI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4HomEnDzXI</a>

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
HOLY CRAP PROJECT NATAL MAKES YOU FLY ....

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
Check out Microsoft's awful Natal promotion, this time used in the tv show Smallville, terrible, it's the way the whole segment avoids subtlety to such an extent Microsoft would have been better off just screening a proper Natal commercial during the ad break instead.

lol

I saw that earlier this week.  So awesomely bad.   :D

I think Microsoft must have some grip on Smallville's product placement, because I've noticed a lot of Windows 7, Xbox, and other Microsoft related shameless plugs in recent episodes.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2010, 10:18:53 AM »
that was god awful. the word fun was mentioned way too much.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2010, 03:57:37 AM »
Jonathan Ross plays Natal on camera

Jonathan Ross was videoed playing Project Natal last night at a glitzy Microsoft event in London.

The renowned presenter and comedian was filmed swatting balls away in one of Natal's previously exposed mini-games.

Of note is the fraction-of-a-second difference between Wossy's actions and those replicated on screen. A video caption assures us this will be trimmed as we get closer to the device's autumn launch.

"They say that be release all lag issues will be resolved and response time should be nearly instant," the pop-up read.

MTV Multiplayer had a similar experience but approached Natal with a more scientific brain, analysing five play-tests and recording the results.

"I had a pretty large sample size, sitting through 5 demos, capturing about 40 different movements from a variety of journalists. Across those 40 movements, the fastest life-to-screen transition was .08 seconds, while the slowest was .12 seconds. A tenth of a second was the consistent average, though," concluded MTV Multiplayer.

"What that means is that, in its current state, Natal is not instant, one-to-one motion capture."

Nor was it at gamescom last year, when Digital Foundry produced extensive analysis of Project Natal lag and its implications in a variety of scenarios.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGvYFAYqRRw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGvYFAYqRRw</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2010, 04:06:05 AM »
Valve slams 'sh*tty party games'
Developer pledges never to make a 'tiresome' Natal mini-game

Valve has slammed "sh*tty" motion control party-games - and, despite expressing interest in Project Natal, has pledged never to place a 'tiresome' mini-game for the device in Left 4 Dead.

Speaking exclusively to CVG ahead of the release of Left 4 Dead 2 DLC The Passing, Valve writer Chet Faliszek said that the studio believes Project Natal is "really cool" - but begged other developers not to waste the opportunity it presents.

"Hopefully we've gotten past the point of mini-games," he said. "I'm sick of that [makes arm movement]. That's not a game for me anymore. Let's get some real interaction going.

"We have these technologies now that let us interact in different, really exciting ways. It's developers' jobs to do something with it. Impress me. Don't just make sh*tty games I wouldn't want to play if I had to use a joystick."

When asked if Valve was looking to put Natal compatibility in any of its future Left 4 Dead games, Faliszek added:

"We'll see. You won't have to make the arm movement of sawing off a zombie's head in some tiresome mini-game. I can promise you that."

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
Valve slams 'sh*tty party games'
Developer pledges never to make a 'tiresome' Natal mini-game

Valve has slammed "sh*tty" motion control party-games - and, despite expressing interest in Project Natal, has pledged never to place a 'tiresome' mini-game for the device in Left 4 Dead.

Speaking exclusively to CVG ahead of the release of Left 4 Dead 2 DLC The Passing, Valve writer Chet Faliszek said that the studio believes Project Natal is "really cool" - but begged other developers not to waste the opportunity it presents.

"Hopefully we've gotten past the point of mini-games," he said. "I'm sick of that [makes arm movement]. That's not a game for me anymore. Let's get some real interaction going.

"We have these technologies now that let us interact in different, really exciting ways. It's developers' jobs to do something with it. Impress me. Don't just make sh*tty games I wouldn't want to play if I had to use a joystick."

When asked if Valve was looking to put Natal compatibility in any of its future Left 4 Dead games, Faliszek added:

"We'll see. You won't have to make the arm movement of sawing off a zombie's head in some tiresome mini-game. I can promise you that."

thank god.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2010, 01:31:49 PM »
Valve know about good games, they won't make wii xbox Sports Island

markav

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2010, 02:03:44 PM »
Jonathan Ross plays Natal on camera

Jonathan Ross was videoed playing Project Natal last night at a glitzy Microsoft event in London.

The renowned presenter and comedian was filmed swatting balls away in one of Natal's previously exposed mini-games.

Of note is the fraction-of-a-second difference between Wossy's actions and those replicated on screen. A video caption assures us this will be trimmed as we get closer to the device's autumn launch.

"They say that be release all lag issues will be resolved and response time should be nearly instant," the pop-up read.

MTV Multiplayer had a similar experience but approached Natal with a more scientific brain, analysing five play-tests and recording the results.

"I had a pretty large sample size, sitting through 5 demos, capturing about 40 different movements from a variety of journalists. Across those 40 movements, the fastest life-to-screen transition was .08 seconds, while the slowest was .12 seconds. A tenth of a second was the consistent average, though," concluded MTV Multiplayer.

"What that means is that, in its current state, Natal is not instant, one-to-one motion capture."

Nor was it at gamescom last year, when Digital Foundry produced extensive analysis of Project Natal lag and its implications in a variety of scenarios.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGvYFAYqRRw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGvYFAYqRRw</a>

If Natal was any good there would be a silhouette of a cock on the screen

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads