Author Topic: Most satisfying moment  (Read 93508 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Most satisfying moment
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »
Mine was probably getting my wings on Gears 2 without boosting and getting it with a match winning headshot on River too no less.   :)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2010, 11:34:27 AM »
Mine is now climbing back up to ninth place on F1 2010 after I skidded out 3 laps from the end when I was in first place (driving for Ferrari as Alonso at Monza) and rejoined the race in fourteenth place. I pulled some amazing overtaking manoeuvres and had there been one more lap I reckon I could have got to eighth. There is really no way to describe how good it feels when you take a perfect line on a corner and overtake someone, bloody awesome!  :)

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
Done that for real.I know it was in a stock car,but the feeling is the same.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »
Mine is now climbing back up to ninth place on F1 2010 after I skidded out 3 laps from the end when I was in first place (driving for Ferrari as Alonso at Monza) and rejoined the race in fourteenth place. I pulled some amazing overtaking manoeuvres and had there been one more lap I reckon I could have got to eighth. There is really no way to describe how good it feels when you take a perfect line on a corner and overtake someone, bloody awesome!  :)

Nice one, I think I might be a bit too reckless for that game.   ;D

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
i think my most satisfying moment has to be when i finally finished Batman:Arkham Asylum.
-que victory dance-
i was like OH YEA BITCHEZZZ! I WAS STUCK FOR 4 MONTHS BUT I SO REDEEMED MYSELF!!!
too bad i fell right after..

Offline Legion

• Geth do not -intentionally- infiltrate
    • http://www.google.co.uk
  • XBL: Istvan Kovacs
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
My best moment was in ME2, (like you expected any different ;D).
To set the scene, I'm halfway through the collector hideout, Grunt and Legion tagging along behind me, while we guard Samara who's casting a biotic field around us. We just finished a gruelling battle against a group of husks/exploding husks and Scions. As we round the corner the path looks clear, Grunt makes a comment about it being too quiet, so following his point I start to crawl slowly twowards the end of the open path. As I set off the 'suicide mission/end run' music begins to play and I know something big is about to happen so I burst into a sprint just as two husks climb up from the ledge ahead. I whip out my hand cannon and blast them both, two shots to the head each in quick succession. Things sare starting to get out of hand now, to my right a massive group of husks and Scions is gathering to block my path, and they're moving closer. And oh sh*t, Samara's turned away and I'm outside the barrier. My health at the halfway point I dash towards the nearest cover and realise that I don't have time to regenerate my health. I  peek out of cover and start taking potshots at a scions head, then I activate my cloak and run out of the barrier to the other side of the passage, whip out my Incisor sniper rifle and blast the advancing Scion to pieces. Then I run back to my previous cover, and still with my sniper rifle, take out a horde of husks moving closer at an alarming rate.
Then I realise that Grunt and Legion are both unconscious, I panic, turn around and see a Scion gathering an attack right behind me. I take cover behind the pillar nearby, peek out the left side and land a few headshots with my pistol, switch to my Collector Assault rifle (I picked the assault rifle perk at mid-game) activate my cloak again and run behind the scion, melee him a few times and then he uses shockwave and staggers me, reducing my health to a mere sliver of the bar. I dash off and take cover again, pull out my grenade launcher and blow him away.

The whole scenario took maybe two minutes to play itself out. Some details are probably wrong, because this was a couple months ago now. And I was playing on insanity. It's one of those moments in games where the atmosphere, music and action all culminates perfectly to make you feel as if you're invincible and can't lose. Emotional gameplay at its best :D
(I should note that this was one of only a few points in my insanity playthrough that took me less than 5 tries to get through)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2010, 05:19:35 PM »
Playing Super SFIV recently reminded me - (not necessarily the "most satisfying" - but right up there) - conquering Seth in the original SFIV on the highest difficulty setting. Something about that character struck me as a bit of a cheap fight, looks like Super SFIV has downgraded him since.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
the moment when i shut some dudes up in RDR from some stoopid clan..
theyre all like "IM SO PRAW, LOOK AT ME IM LVL 50 WEW!" "ELLEECSTATIC CANT SHOOT WEW! SHE SO NUB"
i totally horse jacked them idiots, then kept getting headshots from like a mile away.. they were so angry they left the match.
so awesome, revenge is best served cold  8)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
woo Elle!!! kick their ass!

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2010, 10:27:56 AM »
mine has to be finally completing a game and getting the full 200 gp for it

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2010, 04:06:22 PM »
My most UNsatisfying moment was last week when I was playing RDR and some stoopid noob girl kept stealing my horse and sniping me from miles away ...

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
Hahaha,

I remember once playing online and she just kept killing me :(

The shame made me then trade RDR in......

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2011, 03:10:38 AM »
My most UNsatisfying moment was last week when I was playing RDR and some stoopid noob girl kept stealing my horse and sniping me from miles away ...

UM... i dont know what your talking about >.>;
 my second most satisfying moment was when I SAVED my future baby daddy garrus at the end of ME2.
like i re-did the mission 5 times so i could save him. too bad that bitch miranda died i couldve gotten the achievement.
but its whatevs. like sooo happy i finished ME2 AND got the romance crew member achievement :D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2011, 10:11:34 AM »

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2011, 11:15:57 AM »
Wait, you got Miranda to die?

HOW? I tried SO HARD to get her to bite it, but she just kept pulling through while my useful crewmates continued to get smoked.
Your mom!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads