Author Topic: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition  (Read 2053 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
« on: May 26, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
Witcher 2 Coming To The Xbox 360?

Well as it has it, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be coming to the Xbox 360.  This news comes from the ESRB Witcher 2 site adding the Xbox 360 to its available platforms as well as the PC.  Typo?  I think not, considering how well the game did review wise after it was released on the PC, May 17th.  The game has also been rumored to be coming to the Playstation 3 but we will keep you updated after speaking with developer CD Projekt at E3.  The DLC for Witcher 2 will also be free for the PC at last for those who had not heard.

[source]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »
I've heard nothing but great things about Witcher 2 (unlike Witcher 1).  Some even say this is the game Dragon Age 2 tried to be.

My poor laptop would die trying to run this.  I'm really hoping the rumors are true and it's ported to consoles.

Offline Maibs

• Time Zone: GMT
  • PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:16:06 AM »
I've heard nothing but great things about Witcher 2 (unlike Witcher 1)

Despite a few flaws, witcher 1 was generally well recieved i thought (IGN 8.5 Gamespot 8.5 Metacritic 81), anyway i usually torrent (sshhh) PC games but went straight out purchased this one, the graphics are the best ive seen period,

Challenging, uncompromising, rewarding, graphically beautiful. Everything a real PC RPG can and should be, storyline is top-notch which is rare these days.

Would be nice to see on the 360, its just a shame the console version will get no-where near the graphic level of PC on ultra settings  :o

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developer CD Projekt has confirmed the news during its Summer Conference - the The Witcher II is coming to Xbox 360 later this year with all the content from the PC version intact.

Signs point to a November 15 release.

[Eurogamer]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vO2jIZ1svY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vO2jIZ1svY</a>

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:46:36 AM »
Excellent news  ;D

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 07:55:11 AM »
The Xbox 360 version of fantasy role-playing game The Witcher 2 has been delayed.

It was due out at the end of the year. It will now release at some point during the first quarter of 2012.

Developer CD Projekt said the extra time will allow it to "polish the title to perfection", according to a VG247 report.

The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 will be published by THQ in Europe. The PC version was published by Namco Bandai.

Last month it emerged that Namco Bandai had entered into a legal dispute with Optimus SA, the parent company of Witcher 2 developer CD Projekt Red. Namco-owned Atari is dealing with the 360 version in the US.

Namco is also seeking damages after accusing CD Projekt Red of breaching contract by removing DRM from the PC version of the game. It is thought to be refusing to pay €1.2 million in previously agreed fees to the developer as a consequence of the actions.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
Ok where what rock was I living under!!! The Witcher 2 on xbox? delayed? legal entangled with namco over publishing?!!!

Pencilled for march 31st, can it be true?

Talk about missing something, but a nice surprise :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
Ok where what rock was I living under!!! The Witcher 2 on xbox? delayed? legal entangled with namco over publishing?!!!

Pencilled for march 31st, can it be true?

Talk about missing something, but a nice surprise :)

lol

Spring feels so far away, when I'll be able to play games again.  The thought of Witcher 2 releasing at that time makes me excited, but also sad that all of the other games I've missed during the Winter (*cough* Skyrim *cough*) are going to take a backseat.

Ugh this is going to be a busy shut-in Summer for Neato.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
I really didn't like The Witcher 2. Now you get to hear why.

For one, the writing is terribad. Almost every line of dialogue includes the phrase "go plough yourself"... I wish I was joking. For a game series that is hailed as a "mature gaming experience", the writing sure feels like it was written by a bunch of giggling prepubescent kids. Let me correct that: A bunch of giggling, POLISH, prepubescent kids. Their command of the English language left something to be desired.

The controls were similarly awful and unwieldly. This game was definitely designed with a 360 controller in mind, which bodes well for you console cruisers, *turns nose high up into the air* but for sophisticated PC players like myself the game was a chore to play using a mouse and keyboard. Seriously though, even with a controller this game has to feature one of the WORST targeting systems I've ever come across.

Did I mention the quick time event boss fights? Yeah, this game has quick time event boss fights of the "push these keys to not die" variety. Super.

All in all, I found the characters nauseating (to the point where I was rooting for the game's ULTRA ANNOYING love interest to be brutally murdered), the world itself sterile and dull, and the combat and controls finicky and annoying. I put this game down after about 8 hours.

Still, the game just won Shacknews's top game of the year honors, so what do I know*?

*: I know a lot. Steer clear of this game! It only won Shacknews's game of the year because Shack is full of PC game snobs like myself who only played The Witcher 2 because it somehow became known as "the last true PC roleplaying game", even though it was CLEARLY designed with a console controller in mind. Hell, even I tried to fool myself into thinking I was playing some ultimate PC RPG from the golden age of PC gaming that was uncompromising and hardcore, but after a couple hours it became clear that I was actually just playing a shitty game.
Your mom!

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 04:45:24 AM »
Nice synopsis there Shakes, a side to The Witcher 2 that I've never seen anywhere, seems the combat is the worst culprit.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
Maybe, but you know I do trust the Shakemeister!

But it's true it kind of one of those games that no one says anything bad about (or at least I haven't found those comments!), so it does make ya a little suspicious.
Btw did you know that The Witcher 2 was ''pirated'' 4.5 million times!

At the same time some think the voice acting in Skyrim is under par, I think it's fine and fits the world well, so different horses and courses and all that. Witcher 2 could suit the consoles better but qte boss fights?!!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ajukUlRKdA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ajukUlRKdA</a>

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Interesting stuff, I wonder how they will tie The Witcher to it, maybe a novella like FFXIII-2.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads