Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV (MMO)  (Read 5199 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Final Fantasy XIV (MMO)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 04:59:37 PM »
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:01:48 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline Maibs

• Time Zone: GMT
  • PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 06:10:59 AM »
Well just a beta update from FFXIV, this wasnt written by me but it sums most of my views on FFXIV, its fairly long read but if your intrested in the game its a good read.

I've been trying to do a large variety of things in game to get a feel for the overall package.  I'm going to go into detail about each individual thing from mechanics, features, and general gameplay.  I'm trying to maintain an overall unbiased view here.

Character Creation

There are many videos of this on youtube.  Overall the character creation is adequate.  It's not extremely comprehensive like City of Heroes, Champions Online, Aion, All Points Bulletin, or even AoC and Perfect World, but it should be decent enough to make a unique looking character.

You start by choosing your character's race and sex.  There are 2 clans you can choose from, each have distinct features.  For instance the Seeker of the Sun Miq'ote do not have fangs, have thicker but shorter tails, cat eyes, and paler skin tones while the Seekers of the Moon Miq'ote have darker skin tones and fangs.

You can then choose a character's height, voice (one of three choices), skin tone, hair (which gives several options), face, and additional characteristics (like scars).  It should be noted that none of these features use sliders or can be individually placed on your character, so you are stuck using preset choices.  One other thing to note is that the face feature (at least for Hyur females) inexplicably changed her breast size and shape even though there was no option for this in character creation.

Next you choose a character's discipline which effects their starting weapon and armor, their birthday, their guardian (what deity they worship), starting city (in beta only a single starting city is available, but there should be 3 at launch), a server (shows all servers and how heavily populated they are), a name, and a surname.  Note that the surname is not optional and players can have the same first or surname as you (but not both) so you could create families and such.

The Tutorial?

After character creation you go through a few cutscenes depending on your starting city.  If you ran the benchmark test you should have a good idea of how these cutscenes play out for Limsa Lominsa (the only city available at beta).  About midway through you'll have the opportunity to fight with NPCs assisting you in case you do poorly.  You aren't really told how to do things, yes text pops up in your chat window, but the window is small and hard to read while trying to figure out the controls (and it doesn't explicitly tell you the controls).  Afterward the battle you have a few more cutscenes, then you are off to the port of the city where you have to speak to an NPC to progress.  Overall the tutorial explains little (almost nothing), doesn't even go over various aspects of the game like crafting and guildleves (you can find information about these by talking to an NPC you get the first storyline quest from as well as other NPCs related to specific things like retainers or guildleves, but even these texts will offer you little insight on how these game mechanics work).  The game can really use additional tutorials and reworking of the intro to familiarize players better with the gameplay before they jump into it.  As of right now, the initial experience may be offputting to new players especially those who are new to MMOs.

UI and Controls

They are absolutely horrendeous.  The UI suffers from a multitude of problems.  The controls, while better than FFXI's overall, are laggy and uninitutive.

To even reconfigure the controls you have to open a seperate "FFXIV Configuration" program with FFXIV closed out.  The only controls you can currently reconfigure via normal means is the gamepad controls.  Keyboard/mouse users are pretty much out of luck and will be forced to use the default controls if they don't want to use a gamepad.  You can also set graphic's settings up in the configuration program here.

While the game plays better on a gamepad, you can still make due with a mouse and keyboard.  The mouse lags like molasses and most of the time you'll want to stick to the keyboard.  Selecting things with the mouse is sometimes completely unresponsive - in particular targeting NPCs and enemies, so get use to tab targetting slowly through things in an attempt to properly target whatever is in front of you.

One of the biggest problems is commands lag.  It will often take precious seconds to process an action such as talking to an NPC or selecting a command from the menu.  This makes an already slow paced game feel even slower.   The UI also has syncing issues with just about everything.  Let me explain with an example:  you select an action trait and "add" it.  After a few seconds (due to commands lagging) you'll get a chat message that the trait has been added, but the icon will not show up.  After several more seconds the icon will show up; however the action points you have left for traits will still not be updated to reflect the change.  After a few seconds that will finally show up.  Overall you had to wait almost a full minute just to see the result of you giving a class an ability.  Now imagine doing this for every single action.  There are even better examples of the UI sync problem, but I'll go into them when we get to combat.

The game was obviously designed with a console in mind with little thought towards keyboard/mouse users.  Almost every single action in the game takes at least 3 steps longer than what a keyboard user could do in a single step, and sometimes even as many as 8 steps longer.  You have to go through menu after menu, "confirm" various actions, etc.  It's a mess.  Even if we take into consideration the game was designed to be played on consoles with a keyboard, the menus and confirmations seem like overkill.  Top this off with the UI lag and you have actions taking a seriously long time to perform.

Chat commands don't make much sense either.  To talk to members of your linkshell, without busting through a bunch of menus, the command is /chatmode linkshell.  Then you have to send that command to switch your chat to linkshell.  It would have made a lot of sense to just have /ls (Message), /link, or /linkshell send a message to linkshell and you could still maintain whatever channel you were on as your default chat.  You cannot do that right now, you have to switch channels.  Emotes also pretty much have to be done with the menu, there are no easy commands like /bow or /wave.

Graphics and Sound

Graphics are very good, on par with newer MMOs like AoC and Aion.  Sound is also excellent, incorporating classic FF themes and sounds with additional modern touches too.  One small complaint is that like just about everything in the game there is so issues with animations syncing up during combat.  You'll see results of you attack before the animation and animations will often be cancelled out from other attacks or the game will try to play catch up and play animations oddly quick.  It should be noted that unlike many modern games, besides the introductory cutscenes there is no voice acting for NPC dialogue.  Be prepared to do a lot of reading.

Disciplines and it's Mechanics

You change your job simply by changing your equipped weapon.  The whole discipline system and ability to change jobs and mix and match as you please is one of Final Fantasy XIV's best features.  When you are playing that particular job you get an amount of action points you can use to set up your abilities of that job.  You can use whatever abilities you want in that particular job or ANY of the abilities you've unlocked by leveling other jobs as long as you have enough action points.  For instance you could make a Lancer, drop some Lancer abilities you don't find yourself using as often (for instance I chose not to use my points on Trammel despite it being an ability for that particular job), and add abilities like Second Wind from a Pugilist, Cure from a Conjurer, Poison from a Thamaturge, etc.  This makes for an insane variety in gameplay and encourages you to not focus on leveling a job, as well as nearly eliminating the need to roll an alt.   You can pretty much customize as you please.

You have a physical level (anything you do that would normally get you skill experience will also grant you normal experience that goes towards your physical level) and a skill level (raised by doing anything that involves using your current class, in a crafter's case this would be crafting, in a Pugilist's case killing MOBs, in a Miner's case harvesting, etc.).  Your skill level effects your current Discipline level (8 in Polearms basically means you are a level 8 Lancer), which will let you unlock traits in that discipline as you level as well as overall become more powerful (higher HP, more damage, more MP, better hit rates, better evasion rates, better defense, ability to wear better gear at optimal level, etc.).  Increasing physical level on the other hand let's you boost base stats like dexterity as you please as well as elemental resistances.  As you gain more and more physical levels it will cost more points to raise a single base stat higher (at low levels it cost one point per, but once you reach 40 in a stat it cost 2 per, I'm sure it gets worse as you get even higher stats) encouraging you to evenly distribute stats and resistance points rather than focusing only on something specific like just strength.   Stats boosted by physical level seem minor in comparison to your discipline level which greatly effects your overall performance.

Guildleves

Guildleves are quests which are quite similar to ones you'd see in traditional MMOs.  So far the only guildleves I've seen for "Battlecraft" are the typical kill X variety, while the "Fieldcraft" leves require you to harvest.  There are also "Local" leves which require you to successfully craft something with the materials given.  There is a limited period of time (so far all guildleves have been 30 minutes), although you'll probably complete most of the early leves in 5 minutes or less.  MOBs or group of MOBs will spawn and you'll be pointed in the right direction with an arrow on your minimap as well as a flashing circle marking where the enemies spawned.  Only you and your group can initiate fights with these MOBs, so nobody else will be able to interefere in your leve.  While in a leve EXP is significantly increased (about 4-5X) so they are fantastic ways to level up.

To activate a leve you have to go to the leve location indicated by the leve and initate it via an aetheryte crystal there.  Aetheryte crystals also restore your mana and are used to remember teleportation locations.

At the end of the leve you and your party are rewarded gil, and you are sometimes rewarded additional loot such as a piece of armor (which is quite rare, I'll get into this in the crafting section).  The rewards you get appear to be somewhat random (although they are stated before you accept the leve), as I've found that after rolling on a different character I got different or no rewards than my other character doing the same leves.

There is a limitation on leves.  You can only complete 8 regional (Battlecraft, Fieldcraft, and Faction leves) and 8 local leves (Crafting), every 2 days.  Apparently it resets at a specific server time.  Otherwise you'd be doing leves over and over again because of the huge EXP boost they provide and additional rewards.

Travel

The world is gigantic.  Traveling takes a very long time.  While there appear to be methods of faster travel such as Chocobos and Ferries, they aren't available at low level in the beta.  You also have the option to teleport to Aetheryte Crystals and Gates throughout the world, but this consumes Anima (4 each time) and while you start with 100, it appears to recharge very slowly, about 2 per day if I had to guess, so it be wise to use this only when it's absolutely necessary.  In just the beginner areas outside of Limsa it can take as long as 30 minutes to travel from location to the next.  I can only assume travel will be a nightmare at later levels.

Fortunately, I haven't encounter any agressive MOBs in the 1-20 area around Limsa, so travel is relatively safe at least over there.

Combat

Overall combat has a good pace to it.  It doesn't feel too slow (it is slower than most newer MMOs) nor too fast.  The variety of disciplines can keep things interesting enough.

Melee classes right now are far more powerful than casters, mostly due to having a higher HP and defense (the casters at low levels don't really get many options to keep the MOBs in check either), and lacking a limitation of a mana pool (which doesn't refill over time, you need to use abilities on very long cooldowns or visit an aetheryte crystal).  Casters are still very important to level for most builds, as they provide important solo abilities like heals, buffs, and debuffs.

UI sync issues are very apparent here.  The only reliable information you have available to you is your health bar and the MOB's health bar.  Animations will often trigger much later, long after you or the MOB is dead and hotkey recast timers are currently way out of sync and don't report the correct times your abilities are available.  You'll see you have enough TP (which generates as you do normal attacks and can be used for more powerful attacks) to do an ability, but the lag will often cost you a second or two of being able to use the ability.  It can be very difficult to adjust to the combat due to this when first playing, but eventually you'll grow used to it, and it can be a lot of fun once you do.

One thing that bogs combat down is the "active" and "passive" modes of combat.  If you played AoC you'll be familiar with this, similar to how you unsteath/steath your weapon in that game.  The problem in FFXIV is it's not implemented well, so much so I'm going to give it it's own category.

Active and Passive Mode

In order to start combat you'll generally want to target something (using tab if you use the keyboard/mouse, since mouse controls are wonky and don't always work) and then hit your hotkey/button (default F, but you can also click on an icon in the UI) to enter "Active" mode.  Your character will stop in place (after some lag between the command) and draw out their weapon rather slowly (unlike in AoC where the draw is quick and you can do it while moving), and then enter "active" mode.  They'll be in a stance with their weapon drawn, and move slower.  While in active mode your TP will degenerate more slowly too.  Once you are in "Active" mode you can start using your abilities on the enemy or buffs/heals/etc. on yourself and party members.  So what's the problem with this?  Well, once combat is done you still remain in active mode and do no regenerate HP.  You still move slowly.  You have to press the F key (or gamepad button/UI button) again to enter into passive mode to start regenerating again.  The problem here is that it slows down the speed of combat and moving around significantly.  Engaging an enemy and leaving combat is now a 15 second ritual.  It would have also been nice if the UI automatically put you in passive mode when you weren't engaging anything so you don't have to go through the tediousness of doing it after every fight.  The odd thing here is that it already doesn't this with crafting and harvesting disciplines.

Offline Maibs

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:36 AM »
Grouping

Suprise, at low levels unlike FFXI there is little incentive to group.  The only real benefit of a group is the ability to do more guildleves for bonus gil rewards, as you aren't limited to a set of amount of party member's leves you can do.  Everything else so far (keep in mind this is only 1-20) can be done solo and it's the preferable method.  Why?  For a few reasons.  One, there isn't enough spawns to support a party.  In beta, even if you find a spot to solo, you'll find that spot easily cleared and have to wait a fairly long time on respawns.  This was addressed slightly in the last patch, but the dial still needs to be turned up a couple notches on the spawn rate.  At the moment you can't support group leveling anywhere.  Also, there really wasn't anything that required a group.  Everything at 1-20 could be solo.  I only hope there is a decent amount of group content at later levels.  You can set the difficult of leves, but I've managed to solo leves at Party (3 star) difficulty, though I have yet to try Troop and Legion (4 and 5 star, small raid and 15 man raid respectively).  This is a really bummer, since I know most people were hoping for a party heavy game.  Hopefully we see a big change before release with more incentives for partying.

Harvesting (Disciplines of the Land)

Unlike most MMOs, harvesting is less tedious and much more active and fun.  Harvesting is done via a minigame where you have to guess where the node is and land in the correct position with timing.  You are then told if you are hot or cold, if you are on the spot but have to hit it again (a sign you are getting a better material).  You only have a few chances, based on your skill level and the grade of the node being mined.  Additionally you get abilities which let you hunt down nodes faster, so you don't have to run around aimlessly looking for them or memorize points they spawn on the map.  I actually found harvesting to be a welcome break from combat, while I usually find it to be a tedious task in most other MMOs.  Since harvesting gives you EXP towards your physical level, you could technically just play the harvesting minigame and level only harvesting Disciplines if you are inclined to.  Same with crafting...

Crafting (Disciplines of the Hand)

If you are familiar with EQ II's crafting system it's very similar.  You select what materials you want to use and then if there is a receipe available with those materials you can select an option and start crafting.  It's worth noting that recipes are not given to you, so you'll either have to look them up or discover them via experimentation and guessing.  Once you decide on a recipe you have to pay additional "shards" (these are found on MOBs and through harvesting, but mostly harvesting) to craft it.  After you confirm that, you'll be presented with a few options.  You'll have a progress meter and a measure of durability and quality.  If durability drops to zero you'll fail.  Quality effects how good the item will turn out (it also boosts your rewards during a local leve).  You have 4 options.  You can choose to a standard, rapid, or bold synthesis or wait.  Standard will give you somewhere in between rapid and bold level of quality and progress, while rapid focuses on progress and bold focuses on quality.  You can also "wait", but I've never seen wait work properly, so I tend to avoid it.  As you use your synthesis your durability will go down, and different effects will cause extra losses of durability and sometimes even quality.  Reaching 100% progress will allow you to finish to item and the combination will be finished and fashioned into a new item.  You can also dye items later on to further customize the look of the armor.

The economy is player driven, meaning you'll be able to trade most (if not every) item in the game.  Crafting will likely be your main source of equipment.  You can get gear via leves and (persumably) named monsters/bosses, but crafting is a fairly reliable source and should drive the economy.  Each craft relies on other crafts for materials, in fact sometimes a single recipe can pull materials from as many as 3-4 different crafts!

There are however a lot of issues with crafting right now.  For one it takes a lot longer to level than a combat profession.  This is mostly due to a need for materials which can sometimes be scarce or hard to find and an overeliance on crafts outside your current craft to get proper materials.  The problem is also compounded in beta with what I can only assume is a bug where you sometimes don't receive skill experience (but still gain regular EXP) for unknown reasons despite doing a combine earlier and receiving it at the same level, same combine, same quality, etc.  Leveling crafting right now is a bit of a chore, is time consuming, and requires heavy leveling of a gathering profession.   Some material requirements seem a bit too steep, making the combine essentially a waste of materials.

Retainers

These are basically a replacement to an auction house system.  Retainers are NPCs you hire to setup a shop for you (and act as a bank/mule).  Players can visit the retainers and purchase items you gave to the retainers and setup a price for.  You can select your retainer's race, gender, and a nickname (you cannot have a space in the name, so no surnames).  Once you setup your retainer you head to one of the market wards and summon them there, outfit them with your junk, and set prices if you'd like on the items.

Unfortunately, while the whole system sounds great, it's pretty much universal concensus that the system as a whole is an utter failure.  There are a lot of problems with it.

The first major problem is where the retainers are located.  You have to go to an instance (one of about 20 in beta) and teleport to that instance.  The game gives you almost no indication of where the "market wards" are (they aren't where the NPC shops are), so you pretty much have to find it by dumb luck or asking someone (it's located in the southern islands in Upper Limsa Lominsa, you'll get a little icon popup similar to how you use aetherytes and you have to "teleport" using that).  The market wards themselves are small confined, and once again you have no logical means of getting out.  In order to get out you have to go to the middle of the ward where there are 2 walls (no doors) and teleport out.  Retainers can be placed anywhere even though there are 8 stalls per ward you can place them behind (you can also customize the look of the stall, but you have to pay additional gold to rent a stall if you choose to use that).  This is immersive breaking, even in beta the first ward was congested with retainers who were standing around all over the place lifeless with no logical position.

Next is the problem of actually shopping for the goods.  There are 20 instances.  In beta you only had about 30 or so retainers in the main (first ward on the menu selection) ward.  It took me about an hour to look for goods through them all.  Imagine trying to find the item you want.  Now imagine when there are 10,000 players on a single server, each with there very own retainer available to sell goods 24/7.  Not only is switching between wards cumbersome (load times), but actually going to each retainer to check there goods is time consuming.  There is no central auction house or even a search option to find a retainer with goods you want.  If the system is kept the way it is now, it will take all day to look through all the retainers, you probably will not be able to look through them all, and you may not even find the item you were looking for.  In a player driven economy this is going to be bad news, and players are going to find it easier to just shout in popular trade locations (think East Commonlands in EQ, heck the whole system is very reminescent of EQ's bazaar without all the useful features for finding the item you want).  The UI lag and having to sort through a bunch of menus makes matters worse.

It's Beta

Yes, it is beta.  A lot of the problems mentioned will likely be fixed.  SE is receiving a lot of feedback on important issues like the UI, crafting, and retainers.

I'm going to go into a little mini-rant here for those who are in the beta, or plan to be in the beta key soon whether through the contests or the recently announced open beta.

I'm a really thorough tester, and yes when I join a beta I do look for, write down, and try to replicate bugs.  I have a background as a tester (QA briefly), so I know how to file a proper bug report.  I enjoy sending feedback/reporting bugs and I try to do so as much as possible in order to hopefully make the game better at launch (more fun).  I simply cannot do so because SE won't allow me to.  My beta key did not come with instructions on how to get to the beta forum nor did a Google search.  A member of my linkshell group had to give me the link to the beta forums.  Why couldn't Fileplanet or SE direct me there in the first place.  Once I found the proper site I found I couldn't send a bug report or post on the forums.  So I have no means of sending SE feedback and bug reports.  The forums themselves were convulted, since testers cannot post new topics broad topics like "Feedback - Synthesis" with 100s of pages of posts are there instead.  How are you suppose to get proper feedback?  What if there are issues with crashing related to synthesis, but the issue is buried somewhere in page 84 and only mentioned briefly, so people cannot test and try to replicate it.  People are even posting in this topic even when it's something completely unrelated, it's an utter mess.

Additionally, the beta is pretty limited.  Why don't we have access to the other 2 starting cities?  Don't these areas need to be tested too?

Overall Impressions

Despite all it's problems the game is fun and I'm looking forward to release.  It could use a push back in it's release another 6 months-year, but that's highly unlikely now (and the wait is already UNBEARABLE).  Major fixes need to be made in only a little over a month's time.  The biggest thing holding the game back right now is the sluggish UI which is related to a numerous problems in other features.  If Square Enix can manage to fix a few of the problems mentioned above in that short of a timeframe (here's to hoping they are holding onto an updated version of the game that is way of ahead of where we are at currently or the debugger has been the source of the UI problem) then they'll bring in a lot more of the subscribers.  If you are still unsure about whether or not to preorder the game I'd recommend waiting at least 6 months till most of the bugs have been ironed out.

TL;DR version:  Pros and Cons

+ High quality graphics and sound

+ Great atmosphere

+ Active crafting and harvesting.

+ Since crafting and harvesting increases physical level, you don't have to participate in combat to enjoy the game.

+ Discipline system - Job switching and customization

+ Player driven economy

+ Tries a lot of new things, pretty unique and innovative.

+ No regional block.

+ Allows for solo play.

- Sluggish UI and controls

- Very time consuming

- Not enough focus on group play.

- Crafting and retainer systems have lots of issues to work out.

- "Battlemodes" (Active and Passive) slow down combat.

- Travel takes a long time.

- Physical jobs seems stronger than casters, despite casters being a necessity to level for most builds.

Source and Credit: Magnum2103

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »
Quote from: Some Guy
+ Allows for solo play.

oooo i know MMO's are the scourge of humanity but it is Final Fantasy and it has emphasis on solo play  .... of which i dislike other people in general (present company exempt) .... i might, maybe, almost have a teeny tiny lookeh.

Offline Maibs

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »
Square Enix emailed 100,000 of people at 9am this morning.

In preparation for the official release of FINAL FANTASY XIV on September 30, 2010 and the early release on September 22, we will be starting an open beta test to help put the finishing touches on the game. We ask that all users who can participate in the open beta test apply from the following website.

1.Access the following URL.
[REMOVED]
* The page will become accessible starting at 2:00 on Sep. 1, 2010.

Then at 3pm this afternoon

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be release? at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Been playing for a few weeks had my fill for now may pick up after release, but have a few more to test over the next month, and one im reeeaaallly excited about.

Offline Hells_JJ

• PSN: Eviloot666
  • XBL: Eviloot666
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 12:14:03 PM »
I will never seriously play a MMO again. They take too much from you.

i hear you on that damn wow took up a lot of my time plus didnt like FF11

Offline Hells_JJ

• PSN: Eviloot666
  • XBL: Eviloot666
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »
I will never seriously play a MMO again. They take too much from you.

i hear you on that damn wow took up a lot of my time plus didnt like FF11

but i am a rpg whore so ill give it a try just like i tried d&d(very fun and free btw) , wow ,FF 11, ect.

Offline Maibs

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »
Well was going to take a break but couldnt resist, the games just looks so pretttyyyy

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
A friend of mine just bought a $2000+ PC just to play this game.

I predict I'm going to have to send him to that videogame rehab clinic in Amsterdam.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
wow!! ........... just wow...

Offline Maibs

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
Play.tm: 4.9/10

Meristation: 5/10

3dJuegos: 6.7/10

FFXIV is sitting on metacritic with a 54/100 average.

To put it in perspective, some other troubled mmo launch reviews:

Age of Conan: 80/100

Anarchy online: 72/100

Star Trek Online:  66/100

All Points Bulletin: 58/100

Asheron's Call 2:  82/100

Warhammer Online: 86/100

As far as metacritic averages go, FFXIV is at the very bottom of the bucket for reviews of top tier mmos, since 1999.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »
... As far as metacritic averages go, FFXIV is at the very bottom of the bucket for reviews of top tier mmos, since 1999.

OUCH!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »
any credible reviews off magazines/sites i've actually heard of?

Offline Maibs

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
Yes dear!

IGN: 5.5
Gamespot: 4.0

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads