Author Topic: Handshakes  (Read 1908 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Handshakes
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »

What's the story behind your Gamertag?
This goes way back to my heady days of Counterstrike. I don't know why, but somehow it just stuck. No real story behind it, I just wanted something unique and vaguely relating to computers.

What do you do for a living?
I'm a software developer for a large-ish public sector software solutions company.

What is the worst or weirdest job you've ever had?
For 5 years I worked in a cubical farm doing data entry for a trucking company. The truckers scanned in pictures of their bills of lading, and I'd look at the pictures and transcribe the important information into a database. Only sometimes the truckers scanned in pictures of more than just the bills...

How long have you been playing videogames?
Since forever! Some of my earliest memories are of playing Red Baron with my dad. I'd man the guns (which consisted of nothing more than pressing down the space bar, but it seemed like the bees knees at the time) while he piloted the plane. To put a date to this is tough, but Red Baron came out in 1990, so somewhere around then.

What is the first videogame you ever played?
Like I said, Red Baron was an early exposure. One of the first games that I truly played, in the sense that I played the game on my own, was probably Ultima Underworld II.

How often do you play videogames?
Way too often. Like, a sad amount of my non-working time is spent playing games.

What hobbies do you enjoy besides videogames?
Aside from my indie gaming pursuits, I am an absolute cinema snob. I love watching classic movies, foreign movies and art-house movies, just so I can talk condescendingly to people when they bring up how much they loved the part in "Captain America" where he punched the bad guy.

What's your gaming setup like?
Shamefully, I play my Xbox 360 on a ten year old, 19 inch television. Shitty sound, shitty picture. But hey, I'm cheap.

What's your favorite multiplayer game?
I love quirky games, so I'm going to have to make that a tie between John Woo's Stranglehold and Condemned 2. Stranglehold is great because it allows me to play as a helicopter pilot in a jumpsuit named Lou and unironically use his spin attack to murder people. Condemned 2 is great because it really is the only multiplayer game ever made that is actually pants-crappingly scary. Plus, I just love beating up bums with a toiletseat. ZeroEquals knows what's up.

What's your favorite single player game?
Mount & Blade is an amazing PC game that everybody should at least try. I've put 150 hours into this thing on Steam, and that doesn't even count the first version of the game and all the hours I put into that before Steam started keeping track of my wasted youth.

What's your favorite downloadable/indie game?
'Splosion Man and Ms. 'Splosion Man are hilarious and ridiculously fun.

What future game are you most looking forward to?
War of the Roses. I love climbing into armor and beating other men to a pulp with blunt instruments. True, this is a typical Saturday night with my houseboy Rual.

What do you think is the best game of all time?
This is a toughy. X-Com: UFO Defense comes to mind, but so does the entire Ultima series. I'm going to surprise everyone and give the award to Counterstrike, because it changed the face of multiplayer gaming forever. From a nostalgia standpoint, I spent all of my highschool years with CS. That means that for each of my first awkward and unfortunate sexual encounters, CS was always there waiting for me. Those were some good times.

What do you think is the best film of all time?
Seven Samurai. 'Nuff said.

What do you think is the best album of all time?
Homogenic - Bjork. Army of Me, All is Full of Love, Bachelorette, Hunter, and Joga all on one album. That was a masterpiece.

What's your funniest 360° Fahrenheit moment?
That would have to be the first time we all played Double Rainbow. I could not stop laughing as I spun my way at ludicrous speeds down that ramp over and over (laying on the horn the entire time, naturally). NyQuil Neato was a good time as well, although something tells me Neato doesn't remember that so well.

What is your greatest gaming moment?
Logging into a new MMORPG for the first time and immediately getting propositioned for weird creepy roleplay cybersex. Needless to say, after a quicky round of ogre cybering I never logged back in again.

What's your favorite TV show that's currently running?
I don't watch a lot of TV, so this is gonna be lame: River Monsters. It combines fishing with awkward melodramatic catfish attack re-enactments.

What's your favorite TV show that's no longer running?
Star Trek: The Next Generation. Best show ever, followed closely by Deep Space Nine.
If they made a movie about your life, who would play you? A: Daniel Radcliffe. The dude looks just like me. Seriously, back when Harry Potter was a big deal little kids would occasionally come up to me in the mall wanting to meet their favorite boy wizard.

What one celebrity would you like to be stranded on a desert island with?
Daniel Radcliffe. I want to know what it is like to make out with myself. I'll bet it's awesome.

What's your karaoke song?
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time

What is the last book you read?
The Internet Is A Playground by David Thorne. Not great, but occasionally pretty good.

What fictional character is most like you?
Mighty Max... Okay maybe not really, but I wanted to be this kid so bad back in the day. Get me some of that hot Bea lovin'.

What superpower would you like to have?
Super breakdancing.

If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be?
This guy.

What celebrity would be the worst roommate?
You guessed it: Frank Stallone.

Who's your favorite superhero?
Rorschach.

Who's your favorite videogame character?
Jazz Jackrabbit.

Who's your favorite actor?
Cary Grant.

Who's your favorite band/artist?
Toss up between Nine Inch Nails and Bjork.

What is your favorite movie quote?
Don't expect it to tango; it has a broken back. (Re-Animator)

What's the worst food you've ever eaten?
Expired sea urchin. Tasted like balls.

What do you predict will be the "next big thing" in gaming?
ME!

What is the most awesome place you have been?
LA, I suppose. I don't get out and about much.

What is the most awesome place you haven't been yet?
Merry old Britland. I'll get over there one of these days!

Complete this sentence: "People of Earth, …”
WTF did I just watch on space Youtube? Seriously Japan, what the crap?

Final thoughts?
Enjoy clicking through all of the links I provided in this post. I put a few surprise links in there just to spice things up, so make sure you click every link while at work in front of your coworkers. P.S.: It was surprisingly hard to find a good Might Max and Beatrice slash fiction link. Who knew?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:11:49 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
Re: Handshakes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »
It's nice to get to know you better Shakes.

Rorschach.

;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4_hfqQW0E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4_hfqQW0E</a>

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:17:47 PM by Dankinia »

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »
It's nice to get to know you better Shakes.

Rorschach.

;D

I never sat through the entire movie. Does it end like the book (specifically regarding Rorschach's favorite conspiracy newsletter)?
Your mom!

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
If I remember correctly, Yes.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »
Good! 8)
Your mom!

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
Nice one Shakes.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
Good stuff 'Shakes -

And yes, toilet seats to the dome hurt like a brick (or short fused dynamite) at the hands of Handshakes...I have witnessed it, and will never be the same.

BTW - nice call on the NIN.. :D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads