Linked Events

• Aliens: Colonial Marines: February 12, 2013

Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 10189 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
Gearbox denies new Aliens: CM delay

Aliens: Colonial Marines developer Gearbox Software has dismissed reports that the upcoming FPS has been pushed back beyond the end of 2011.

Yesterday Destructoid published a story claiming the game would not see release this year. Its source was a thread on the NeoGAF message board discussing an interview with Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford in the latest issue of US games mag EGM.

Pitchford has subsequently assured Eurogamer that somebody has their wires crossed.

"I haven't seen the issue of Edge [sic] that the NeoGAF story is referencing or what was printed, but I am certain that I haven't discussed anything specific regarding Aliens: Colonial Marines with anyone beyond emphasising how passionate I am about the title and how committed my studio and I are to making it great.

"It looks to me like whomever made that post on NeoGAF made an interpretation that could be misleading or inaccurate.

"I am excited that there is so much interest in the game that stories like this tend to pop up literally out of nowhere and from nothing," he continued, "and I am looking forward to talking more about Aliens: Colonial Marines very soon so that speculation and arbitrariness can be replaced with tangible, reliable and accurate information."

Destructoid's original report suggested that the alleged delay was due to the studio focusing resources on a sequel to its 2009 shooter Borderlands. Pitchford insists no such sequel currently exists.

"I respect Jim [Sterling, Destructoid journalist] and his audience and I'm a little surprised he didn't bother to try to e-mail myself or our folks before extrapolating that NeoGAF post even further. Jim even referenced Borderlands 2? What's Borderlands 2? Bah! And El Oh El!"

First announced back in 2006, Aliens: Colonial Marines missed its published 2009 release date and was then pushed back even further so as to steer clear of the Rebellion-developed Aliens vs. Predator shooter which launched last year.

Last we heard, publisher SEGA was planning a full reveal of the game in early 2011.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »
There was a little blurb in a recent Game Informer during a Duke Nukem interview where Gearbox just simply said Alians CM is coming a long great and people are going to be impressed.

I liked Borderlands.  I'm guessing I'm going to like Duke Nukem.  I'm looking forward to Aliens CM.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjs6QizsFNA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjs6QizsFNA</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 05:33:54 PM »
Cool  :)

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »
Certainly like the look of that!!

Hoping it's not going to overhype like some games have.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 03:02:11 AM »
I won't hold my breath, been waiting for two years already!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
Theres been a lot of new screens lately for this, even better here's the latest trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY7yFMEk-c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY7yFMEk-c</a>

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
A few months ago I removed all of my books from my bookshelf to make room for my increasing backlog of games.

Last week, I officially exceeded capacity, and have now resorted to stacking games next to my TV.  I was hoping to be able to finish and get rid of these games before the flood of winter releases hit, but it looks like I'll be shopping for a larger bookshelf instead.   ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 06:24:07 AM »
New Alien types in Colonial Marines, but no "silly gimmicks"
Gearbox hints at android characters, promises both action and scares

Aliens: Colonial Marines will take a few liberties with the Aliens fiction, introducing new breeds of Xenomorph, but will remain "true to the franchise", Gearbox art chap Brian Cozzens has explained.

"We're probably going to explore what you can do with the Xenomorphs," Cozzens commented at Penny Arcade Expo last week. "You saw the Charger already in our demo. But we still want that to be true to the franchise, you know. We don't want to be too silly or gimmicky about it. No gorilla aliens or anything silly."

Lest connoisseurs of survival horror mistake the game for a balls-out action affair, Cozzens insisted that suspense lists high on the Colonial Marines menu. "It's interesting because the fans online - we love listening to what the fans are saying, the fans of Gearbox, fans of Alien - we've noticed there's been a bit of concern because all they've seen so far is a lot of action.

"And that's what made sense when we showed it at E3, we wanted to show action because it's really quick and people can get into it really fast. But we do want tension, we want to have scary moments. We want those experiences you saw in Alien and Aliens, where there is a lot of suspense - you're going down a hallway and it's dark or it's scary and you don't know what's going to be around the next corner - we want to have that in the game. Not just action, lots of Aliens coming at you. We want both."

Later in the chat, the Gearbox man hinted that androids like Lance Hendricksen's iconic Bishop would feature in the game. "They might. It would be hard to dismiss the synthetics. Pretty established in the franchise, we saw them at least three of the films, if not all of the films. So yeah we might want to explore that little."

Can you think of any particularly crazy or menacing Aliens breeds? Nobody mention the Predator hybrids.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »
Nice.

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »
I remember the action figures had a Bull Alien and a panther one am sure their were mor just cant remember them off hand

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
I remember the action figures had a Bull Alien and a panther one am sure their were mor just cant remember them off hand

Too many to count, but all awesome.

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 02:20:30 AM »
Indeed, still have the somewhere along with Ripley a flamethrower and a facehugger

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:14 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
Aliens: Colonial Marines delay is official
Gearbox prioritises "making a great game" over hitting Spring release

Aliens: Colonial Marines has been delayed from a spring release to a tentative autumn 2012 one, Gearbox has confirmed to CVG.

The developer has issued the below statement, confirming the delay following a report on a revised release date appearing on the game's official website earlier today.

"Aliens: Colonial Marines is a process of creativity and invention and those don't necessarily follow the structure of an assembly line," said a Gearbox rep.

"While setting clear goals, deadlines and predictions is helpful, they are often subjective. We don't want to sacrifice the creative process just for the sake of following a blue print. We prefer to have the creative discovery shape that blue print because our goal is to make a great game, and we are prioritizing this goal over the previously targeted date."

The rep made no mention of the revised date, which now sits at 'autumn' on the official site.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads