Author Topic: Rock Band 3  (Read 8159 times)

DFUSIONITE

Re: Rock Band 3
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »
i play piano/keyboard myself. i have an electronic full size yamaha grand piano in my house, along with 5 guitars and god knows how many effects pedals. I don't think i have room for any more instruments, plastic rock band ones or otherwise. I am tempted though  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 05:16:33 AM »
Rock Band 3 trailer, details in
Have you been "clamouring for keyboards"?

Harmonix' Rock Band 3 has been blown wide open by USA Today - keyboards included.

The new game, scheduled for this Christmas in the States on PS3, 360 and Wii, expands the virtual band to seven instruments; drums, lead and bass guitar, lead vocals, two harmony vocals and yes - a keyboard.

Also due for the game's release are two 'advanced' guitar controllers that take advantage of the game's Pro mode, one of which is described as "a full-sized, fully functional Fender guitar" (sold separately).

Harmonix has also nicked the drop-in, drop-out functionality of recent Guitar Heros, and "improved animations" and "refined gameplay features" are also promised.

"With the introduction of keyboards, we get to bring a ton of amazing new music onto the platform, which will help feed the appetite for music for years to come," Alex Rigopulos, Harmonix CEO told USA Today.

Among the 83 new songs to be included in Rock Band 3, Rigopulos says, "it's hard to pick a favorite, but for The Doors to be making an appearance on Rock Band finally with their classic Break On Through, I love that one. And Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody is endlessly fun.

"Our ambition for Rock Band 3 was really to re-energize and reinvigorate the (music game) category and advance it and move it forward," he said.

Trailer

Offline RedMaster11

• Super Dooper Member
  • XBL: Red Master 11
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 05:26:44 AM »
I wonder how much this keyboard will cost?

Can we please have The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 06:28:25 AM »
I'll probably pick up the Keyboard and Game bundle aslong as it isn't too expensive.

markav

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:05 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 05:52:29 AM »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:13 AM »
amg! they are making harder, i can't do it with 5 buttons let alone 367 buttons, strings and 3 new drum pads >_<

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »

umm ...

That's an actual guitar.  Are we going to be able to connect real guitars to our Xbox 360s now?  If so, can we use our own guitars instead?  I have no desire to own a pisspoor Squier.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
Your voice won't suck in Rock Band 3
iZotope pitch correction tech on board to help you out

Audio signal processing company iZotope has signed a deal to provide pitch correction technology to Harmonix for Rock Band 3.

That means your usually brain-scraping off-tone bellowing will be converted into something at least mildly audible by the game before it's pumped through the speakers, making everyone's experience that little bit better.

"Using iZotope's real-time pitch detection and pitch shifting middleware, Rock Band 3 provides players with the option to enable vocal effects commonly used in the music industry, assisting players to sing on key more easily with pitch correction and bringing the tools that pros use into the living room," says the PR.

Mark Ethier, CEO of iZotope said: "With the production values of video games rivaling that of commercial albums and blockbuster films, consumers expect the same caliber of video and audio quality during dynamic, real-time game play.

"Rock Band is an ideal platform for us to showcase iZotope's technology so we can provide gamers with studio-grade audio effects that professional mixers, sound designers and others in the entertainment industry have relied on for years."

The new game, scheduled for this Christmas in the States on PS3, 360 and Wii, expands the virtual band to seven instruments; drums, lead and bass guitar, lead vocals, two harmony vocals and yes - a keyboard.

Harmonix will no doubt be getting Auto-Tune in a future update then gamers will be able to sound like 90% of the tone deaf oxygen thieves currently clogging up the charts.   ;D

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 05:08:31 AM »

Harmonix will no doubt be getting Auto-Tune in a future update then gamers will be able to sound like 90% of the tone deaf oxygen thieves currently clogging up the charts.   ;D

What do you mean i'm sh*t Mr.Cowell ?? I sound really good on Rock Band 3! Rock Band 3 made me think i was the next ...... AMERICAN IDOL. I want Ryan Seacrest's babies  :-*

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
Rock Band 3 DLC Revealed...Already!

GameStop's Canadian website has revealed the first Rock Band 3 DLC, which they're offering as a pre-order incentive.

Get your order in, and you'll be entitled to download these three tracks when the game ships later this year:

* Talking Heads - "Burning Down The House
    * Deftones - "My Own Summer"
    * New Order  - "Blue Monday"

You might notice that two of those three tracks are aimed more at the jaunty pop end of the scale and revolve around Rock Band 3's new keyboard. "Blue Monday" and "Burning Down The House" are perfectly suited to the keys, whereas Deftones is good old heavy rock. Not a bad trio of bonus tunes.

Rock Band 3 is slated for a holiday 2010 release.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »

* Talking Heads - "Burning Down The House
    * Deftones - "My Own Summer"
    * New Order  - "Blue Monday"

Holy crap.  I love all of those songs.

... must ... resist ... preorder ...   >:(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
Rock Band designer quits Harmonix

Senior designer Dan Teasdale has announced his departure from Harmonix and the end of his involvement with the Rock Band series.

"I came to the realisation recently that my career has been driven by a secret achievement grind, hidden relatively successfully by the fun of making games," Teasdale wrote on his blog.

"I craved the hit of being hands on. It's 100 per cent of your job as a staff designer, but as I became a senior and then a lead on AAA titles with 200+ people on them, the ability to chart the vision and the direction of a title starts to encroach how much time you can spend tweaking the details personally."

So Teasdale decided to leave Harmonix and head instead to Twisted Pixel, where he's about to start work on "a ridiculously cool project".

He wrote, "It's the holy grail of game design positions - I'll get to contribute and help drive the direction of a well funded and supported new title with a close knit superteam, while at the same time being hands on and able to directly impact all aspects of the game."

Teasdale most recent project was Rock Band 3, which he described as being "design complete and on the final path to 0 bugs". The game will be released this autumn.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »
Rock Band designer quits Harmonix

Senior designer Dan Teasdale has announced his departure from Harmonix and the end of his involvement with the Rock Band series.

"I came to the realisation recently that my career has been driven by a secret achievement grind, hidden relatively successfully by the fun of making games," Teasdale wrote on his blog.

"I craved the hit of being hands on. It's 100 per cent of your job as a staff designer, but as I became a senior and then a lead on AAA titles with 200+ people on them, the ability to chart the vision and the direction of a title starts to encroach how much time you can spend tweaking the details personally."

So Teasdale decided to leave Harmonix and head instead to Twisted Pixel, where he's about to start work on "a ridiculously cool project".

He wrote, "It's the holy grail of game design positions - I'll get to contribute and help drive the direction of a well funded and supported new title with a close knit superteam, while at the same time being hands on and able to directly impact all aspects of the game."

Teasdale most recent project was Rock Band 3, which he described as being "design complete and on the final path to 0 bugs". The game will be released this autumn.

Twisted pixel are an excellent team, Can' wait to hear what this 'ridiculously cool project' is

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads