Author Topic: Aliens vs Predator  (Read 8993 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Aliens vs Predator
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
I remember Paul Reiser from Aliens and My Two Dads. Was he ever in anything else?

He was in the excellent sitcom Mad About You with Helen Hunt for seven years, loved that show.  He was also in One Night at McCools and the first two Beverly Hills Cop movies, nothing much else stands out on his CV other those and what you mentioned though.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
I'd forgotten about Beverly Hills Cop... "I'm not listening to you Jeffrey, la la la la la"  ;D

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »
I'd forgotten about Beverly Hills Cop... "I'm not listening to you Jeffrey, la la la la la"  ;D

it's in here somewhere, well part of it  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBIHPPCB8M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBIHPPCB8M</a>

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
Jason Kingsley, CEO and co-founder of Rebellion, has defended the Aliens vs Predator demo reports CVG.
Some of the criticism has cented on the fact that the straight up Deathmatch offered doesn't show off the more strategic elements of the game.

"We chose Deathmatch as the mode for the demo as it's very familiar to all FPS gamers and minimizes restrictions on players while they are getting to grips with the controls of each of the three playable species," explains Kingsley.

"We have plenty of new modes in the game and players only have to wait a matter of days before they can play them when the game launches."

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
And we can totally believe him as he has nothing to benefit from this selling.......oh hang on a min....

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2010, 03:13:03 AM »
I decided to bite the bullet and get it, just can't resist getting the chance to use a pulse rifle, or the Predator's laser sight...if the multiplayer's crap I just won't play it!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2010, 05:17:46 AM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »
OXM Review

OXM gave it pretty decent review, but others are not so kind.

I had this preordered, but haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.  I may end up letting it go and pick it up used next year.   :-\  I'll revisit that thought this weeked.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »
Got this in the post today, started playing it and without even coming across any Aliens or Predator yet I'm scared witless!!! Just the noise of the motion tracker is freaking me out!!! I'm not playing this in the dark.  :-[

Maybe it's because I love the films so much, but this is certainly atmospheric, I'm creeping around this first level just waiting for the proverbial sh*t to hit the fan!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:19:04 PM by Jaynestown »

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2010, 04:12:29 PM »
I'm going to sound like a right wimp, but this is too scary too play at night, I shall carry on tomorrow when I can see daylight outside!!!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »
I'm going to sound like a right wimp, but this is too scary too play at night, I shall carry on tomorrow when I can see daylight outside!!!

Damn you sold me on it, JT.  I'm going to go pick up my preorder now.   ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »
Sounds good JT, i'm a big fan of the movies, not the AvP movies though i guess they served a purpose, and also a big fan of the 1999 original so i've got high hopes for this game  :)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
The atmospherics on it are brilliant. You know that bit in Aliens just before they find Newt when they're nervously looking at the motion tracker and as Newt runs past one of them fires their gun? Well I've been like that, every time the motion tracker picks something up I instinctively fire my weapon. The first time I saw an alien I frantically started firing, and wasted half a dozen rounds. I don't get scared that easily but aliens do freak me out, every time I watch Aliens I always jump at the bit when the facehugger lunges at Ripley after her and Newt have just woken from being asleep. I know it's coming but it gets me every time. The scariest experience of my life was doing the Alien War "tour" at the Trocadero in London, scared me witless!!! I haven't come across a Predator yet but you know they're there, the freaky "voice throwing" is un-nerving to say the least!!!

I'm going to carry on with this tomorrow during the daytime!!!  :-[

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
Oh, and the other thing that is really wigging me out is the music, it's using James Horner's soundtrack (or at least a copy of it) to add additional suspense. A vent blowing hot air out wouldn't normally be scary, but it is when the right music is played at the same time, I was on edge all the way through my first hour of gameplay!

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2010, 03:46:46 AM »
Phew, it''s not so scary in the dayligh! My only complaint about the game in general is that it is too dark, I know that's kind of the point but I've had to turn the brightness up on my TV to get a reasonable idea of the game surroundings etc. Other than that I'm quite enjoying it... now I'll I've got to remember is to not step on the "acid for blood"!!!  ;D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads