Author Topic: despizer radio  (Read 2868 times)

Offline despizer

• XBL: Despizer
despizer radio
« on: January 27, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
In the past, i ran a online radio station with a previous clan, and we had a blast. Live guest's, chats, game updates, game nights, ect, and Ive been wanting to do it again. It was a blast but wasn't properly advertised, and ended up dieing. So for this time around, i figured doing it bigger and better, 5000 listener limit, more host's, more everything. I was just curious if anyone wanted to help, maybe help advertise, get some new host's that'll be able to have their own air times, music, ect. I think it would benefit the clan as well, be able to inform people about stuff that goes on, game nights, ect. Just let me know, id love to have people to help, and make it big.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
Re: despizer radio
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
Sorry, don't mean to be pedantic, but we're not a clan! If we were I'd have been kicked out after a week for being rubbish!!!  ;D

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline despizer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »
Hehe, apologies, community?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:28:47 AM »
You're always welcome to explore other interests and hobbies outside of the community.  Some members compete in various clans.  Shakes hosts several blogs.  I'm an Xbox Ambassador and Xpert.  360DF is a casual meeting ground for everyone with no unified purpose other than to enjoy eachothers' company.

You don't need 360DF approval to start up an online radio station.  If you do start one, anyone here is also welcome to contribute if they're interested.  But do it for yourself, not for 360DF.  We're just a casual community.

With that said, the community leaders are exploring the possibility of creating content for our members later this year.  Nothing as big as what you're talking about, but if this type of hobby interests you we may have use for your talents.    :)

If we were I'd have been kicked out after a week for being rubbish!!!  ;D

Very true.    ;)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »
ps.  I've moved this topic to the 'Feedback & Updates' board.

Offline despizer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
I agree, but it wasn't as much as needing an approval, more as if anyone would like to help out, in return, can also benefit the 360DF community. I found it a lot easier to have it co-hosted with a community of friends as appose to throwing it out in the wind and pray for the best.

Offline despizer

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
And thank you for placing the thread in the right spot, wasn't sure where to post it, hehe.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
... I found it a lot easier to have it co-hosted with a community of friends as appose to throwing it out in the wind and pray for the best.

Definitely.  Everything is better with friends.   :)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
I agree, but it wasn't as much as needing an approval, more as if anyone would like to help out, in return, can also benefit the 360DF community. I found it a lot easier to have it co-hosted with a community of friends as appose to throwing it out in the wind and pray for the best.

i would be interested in helping, definitely.

Offline despizer

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »

i would be interested in helping, definitely.

Id love to have you help, by any chance, you have any experience with stuff such as podcast's or anything in that nature? Its pretty much optional, but it's pretty much a step down from live hosting. Its pretty simple stuff and pretty fun to boot. I really could use more host's as well as staff. Benefits about being a host, is that you get to pick the hours and days that your available to go live, and each host will have their choice of genera's. Staff is pretty much in charge of advertising, also website/chat room security. ( pretty much your in charge to delete any spam, hateful messages, stuff of that nature and make sure everything in order. )

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
I don't have time to contribute, but I'll volunteer bandwidth as long as JustHost (our web host) doesn't object to live audio streaming traffic.

I'm ignorant to the legalities of online radio.  My only experience with radio was DJing for my college radio station.  It was non-commercial, so everything fell under 'fair use'.  You may want to verify what is and is not allowed to play without artist/label permission.

Offline despizer

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
Pretty much the radio station and any advertisements will be non-profit and non-commercial. (any advertisements are pretty much clan's, groups, bands, stuff in that nature). As far as the server goes, Ive been able to track down a provider that allows me up to 5000 listener limit with some pretty good play back quality. Basically everything will be done from a website. to listen to the station, you just click a link that'll open up the stream using Itunes, Winamp, or Ares. So any advertisement would basically something like "head over to the website".

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »
You're always welcome to explore other interests and hobbies outside of the community.  Some members compete in various clans.  Shakes hosts several blogs.  I'm an Xbox Ambassador and Xpert.  360DF is a casual meeting ground for everyone with no unified purpose other than to enjoy eachothers' company.

I'm in a halo Clan, serious stuff with tactics and practicing, nothing compared to this ragbagamuffins.

Maybe if i found some day i was suddenly free, i would love to help, but someone has to make people play games on Friday nights, or everyone would just stare at the dashboard ..... maybe ;)

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 04:14:02 AM »

I find this to be most true indeed at least in my case :P

Anymore to update on this Despizer? I'd deffo have listen in ;D
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads