Author Topic: Mass Effect 2  (Read 15088 times)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2009, 05:22:12 AM »
Aslong as they don't skimp on the game just to release DLC to get more money out of us.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:55 AM »
It sounds like BioWare has big plans for Mass Effect 2 DLC. That is, it sounds like the plans are a bit more sophisticated than the original Mass Effect's DLC strategy: "release completely broken, partially inaccessible DLC without telling anybody about its existence."

I still haven't played the last Mass Effect DLC.  I'll pick it up when it goes on a 'Deal of the Week' so I can RE-ADD it to my 100% completed list.   >:(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2009, 05:40:03 AM »
Achievements for anyone that wants to see them before playing, i'm guessing you probably won't want to look first.

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »

a new trailer for the infiltrator class

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huYO_CEtpDQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huYO_CEtpDQ</a>

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
D'ya know what? I'm going to give the first game a go again. See how long it takes me to get bored of it again ha ha....

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2009, 05:04:04 AM »
I was the same Sarge... owned it twice, got bored of it twice within an hour, got no achievements, traded it in twice!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2009, 05:33:48 AM »
D'ya know what? I'm going to give the first game a go again. See how long it takes me to get bored of it again ha ha....

Tara was talking to me about the first game last week and how she's loving it, but she said she didn't think i'd like it, gonna have to give it a go at some point to see if i'm with Tara on this or with you & JT  :)

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »

blue alien sex=win

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »

blue alien sex=win

Must be a Canadian thing?

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »

blue alien sex=win

It is pretty cold there

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2009, 06:05:15 AM »

blue alien sex=win

It is pretty cold there

That explains the blueness!

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2009, 08:04:36 AM »

Tara was talking to me about the first game last week and how she's loving it, but she said she didn't think i'd like it, gonna have to give it a go at some point to see if i'm with Tara on this or with you & JT  :)

I just couldn't get past the first bit of the story, I really wanted to like it, it's an RPG in space... I really should like it!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2009, 06:39:44 AM »
Mass Effect 2's save game import features explained

This past summer, we learned that Mass Effect 2 players could import save files from the previous entry in the franchise, bringing all of the decisions made in the first game into the sequel. But are decisions capable of decimating hordes of insidious, robotic invaders? No, boosted stats and abilities are -- and according to a recent forum post from BioWare Community Coordinator Chris Priestly, players who import their saves will get access to these as well.

Of course, you won't be able to play as your super-high-level Shepard when you import -- however, the higher your character's level was when you finished Mass Effect, the better bonuses your Mass Effect 2 Shepard will receive. Some of the bonuses mentioned include extra money or crafting resources when you start the game. In addition, though BioWare has said that the game won't have a "New Game Plus" option, Priestly says that multiple playthroughs with the same Shepard will be possible.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2010, 06:21:36 AM »
Mass Effect 2 is 'best game in history of BioWare'
Sorry Dragon Age: Origins fans, BioWare has a new favourite child

Producer Adrien Cho has told CVG that Mass Effect 2 is "the best game in the history of BioWare."

"We're so proud of the game that I'm not worried at all," Cho explains. "[BioWare boss] Ray Muzyka was talking to me about this; of all the games we've made so far this was able to encapsulate everything we've been trying to do in games and present it in such a digestible form.

"Each game we've put out has been great, each game has flaws, where as this one represents the pinnacle BioWare experience. If you're going to play one BioWare game ever in your life, this is the one to try."

There's more info to be found in CVG's Mass Effect 2 interview while the game itself is out on January 29th.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 06:22:27 AM »
Its also very cheap on Amazon

Shephard is so hot :P :P
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads