Author Topic: Movie & TV News, Posters & Stuff  (Read 235794 times)

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
Re: Movie & TV News, Posters & Stuff
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 02:15:55 PM »
woo hoo cany wait for another res movie. been hoping they would do a devil may cry movie to now that would kick arse

I've got the anime on my Lovefilm list so I'll do a review once I've watched them.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 02:18:02 PM »
woo hoo cany wait for another res movie. been hoping they would do a devil may cry movie to now that would kick arse

I've got the anime on my Lovefilm list so I'll do a review once I've watched them.

Me too along with another 100+ films, might be a while before i get it.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
And me :D
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
after seeing the trailer for the Dantes Inferno anime, i'll be adding that to my list too, it's not out till next year though  :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:36 AM »
been waiting for this for ages, out next week in the States, January for us though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pEKQ_zUBo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pEKQ_zUBo</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 06:37:21 AM »
Resident Evil Director 'Circling' Castlevania, Metal Gear Movies

Castlevania? Thought that movie project was dead. Apparently not, and apparently Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Death Race, Mortal Kombat) is "waiting on a script." Oh, and he'd like to adapt Metal Gear Solid for the silver screen, too.

That is according to Jeremy Bolt, who is Anderson's co-producer on Resident Evil: Afterlife. Visiting that film's set, the site ShockTillYouDrop.com says it spoke to Bolt, who "told us this morning that Paul W.S. Anderson is still circling video game adaptation Castlevania at Rogue Pictures and that they are waiting on a script."

"Bolt added that he and Anderson would like to adapt Konami's Metal Gear Solid for the big screen at Columbia Pictures," ShockTillYouDrop.com added.

You can check out Paul W.S. Anderson's filmography here but he ain't no Bergman. Please note that none of this confirms Anderson has anything to do with the Metal Gear project.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2009, 06:29:08 AM »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2009, 06:49:35 AM »
Gears of War better be the most expensive, insanely action heavy film ever made. Costs run into the stratosphere but sh*t gets blown up and people get chainsawed in half ... and a giant worm too, made of rock, which eats cities (or is that too far fetched?)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2009, 07:10:48 AM »
Gears of War better be the most expensive, insanely action heavy film ever made. Costs run into the stratosphere but sh*t gets blown up and people get chainsawed in half ... and a giant worm too, made of rock, which eats cities (or is that too far fetched?)

nope, it's about as far fetched as the French having to cheat to qualify for the World Cup..... oh wait!!

Hopefully the Gears movie won't suck, luckily theres some good talent behind the camera.

Len Wiseman will be directing, he directed Die Hard 4.0 and Underworld, so action wise he's pretty good.
Stuart Beattie was down to write the screenplay, not sure if he's still attached though, but he also wrote Collateral, the 3 Pirates movies, 30 Days of Night, Derailed and was announced to be writing the on/off Halo movie too.
Chris Morgan is also on board, he wrote the screenplays to Fast & Furious, Cellular and both the Wanted film and game.

it's the cast that everyone wants to know about & as yet, still nobody has been named yet.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 06:10:14 AM »
Modern Warfare 2 man to direct film
Activision Blizzard director heads to Hollywood

Modern Warfare 2 director, Keith Arem is set to switch mediums and head up a full feature film, it's been announced.

Arem will direct 'action thriller' Frost Road, which is to be overlooked by Closer producer Cary Brokaw along with Steven L'Heureux.

The film blurb reads: "FROST ROAD concerns a small coastal Eastern town which is suddenly and inexplicably devastated by an invisible contagion. A young man awakens from a car accident to discover he is one of few survivors in the aftermath of a mysterious outbreak.

"Somehow immune, he tries to save the remaining survivors from themselves, as he desperately struggles to prevent the deadly wave from spreading across the entire planet." Get 50 Cent to call in a few airstrikes, and we're in.

Producer Brokaw bigged-up Arem's move from gaming to movies, praising "...the incredible results that Keith achieved in Modern Warfare 2. The popular response to the title speaks for itself.

"There's a great deal that film can learn from the dynamic and immersive experience of games, in the same way the medium has drawn on graphic novels for visual inspiration," he said. "With FROST ROAD, we believe that we've harnessed the best of not just both, but all three worlds."

Do we sense a trend building? Will Cliffy B soon be heading up the new Bond movie?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 11:00:44 AM »
been waiting for this for ages, out next week in the States, January for us though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pEKQ_zUBo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pEKQ_zUBo</a>

I saw this last weekend.  It's pretty much what you'd expect.

The Good:
Fight scenes are well choreographed.
Lots of blood.

The Bad:
Acting
Dialog
Plot
Overuse of "slow-motion"

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »
Don't know how many of you have this trailer, my mate just sent it me, i'd read a bit about it but not seen the trailer until now, looks cool!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpQKa3d9qc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpQKa3d9qc</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2009, 06:15:54 AM »
New Resi movie delayed until 2011

Milla Jovovich, star of the Resident Evil films, has confirmed the release of the next instalment in the series has been delayed.

"So I think we r definitely pushing the film till jan '11," she wrote on her Twitter page. "Boo! But we can't rush it and hve crappy effects, so know it will rock!"

Resident Evil: Afterlife, the first RE film made using 3D technology, had been due to launch in August 2010. However, ShockTillYouDrop.com reported a delay was on the cards.

Jovovich initially denied the report, stating, "RE Afterlife is NOT officially pushed... For the moment it's still on for August." Looks like things have changed, however.

I'd rather they just cancel the movie completely, the first film was okay, crap zombies though & not enough gore, the other 2 were abysmal.  I especially like the comments about not having crappy effects, the first 3 had crappy effects, why change now?  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 06:19:58 AM »
This, for me, is HUGE news, the action master is back  :)

John Woo turning Stranglehold into film

Chinese director John Woo has confirmed that 2007 videogame Stranglehold will be made into a film.

"I forgot to tell you. We are going to make that into a movie," Woo told Cinematical.

Does that mean he's making another game? "No. I don't have that much time, even though I want to make one again," he said.

Stranglehold was a sequel to Woo's 1992 action film Hard Boiled, which revolved around hard-as-nails cop Tequila taking down a crime syndicate single handedly.

Woo's good friend Chow Yun-Fat reprised his role as Tequila in the videogame and will presumably take the honours again in a Stranglehold film.

Woo's recent film Red Cliff is Asia's most expensive ever at around $80m and was split into two parts; Part 1 was released in the summer of 2008 and Part 2 came out at the beginning of 2009. A trimmed version of part one was released in the US last month.

Woo confirmed that a full, two-part DVD release of the Asian version will be available in the US - presumably sometime in the new year.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2009, 11:00:03 AM »
John Woo turning Stranglehold into film

I bet Handshakes is excited for this ...

wherever he is
   :'(

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads