Author Topic: Kojima making all-new Metal Gear Solid?  (Read 608 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Kojima making all-new Metal Gear Solid?
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:16:58 AM »
Maestro's studio appears to promise non-Rising MGS

Hideo Kojima may be hard at work on an all-new Metal Gear Solid game, according to his studio Kojima Productions.

Shacknews reports that MGS: Rising producer Shigenobu Matsuyama said of MGS: Rising at E3 last week:

"I've been asked a lot, 'Is this going to be a side-story or spin-off to the MGS series?', but what I'm positioning is that there will be a Hideo Kojima game that is MGS, but what we are planning as Kojima Productions is have this Raiden Rising as almost as a standard so that there's an MGS and the Rising going back-and-forth in the future."

The site then followed up with Konami, who told it in a statement:

"Hideo Kojima will continue working on Metal Gear Solid games."

Could the non-Rising MGS be the PS3 exclusive CVG has been told Kojima may reveal at Tokyo Games Show?

We'll have to wait until September to find out...

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Kojima making all-new Metal Gear Solid?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 06:38:41 AM »
Metal Gear Solid 5 could be next Kojima game
Hideo laughs in the face of conclusion

Legendary developer Hideo Kojima has said that Metal Gear Solid 5 could be his next game. The big tease.

Mr. Metal Gear is still a bit unsure about his next direction though, "The next project is amazing," he said in an interview with Famitsu's publisher Enterbrain CEO Hirokazu Hamamura.

"The plan is pretty much solidified. Although recently, it has wavered a bit."

When asked by Hamamura if the new game will be Metal Gear Solid 5, Kojima responded, "For the next game I make, it's either MGS5 or an original game. I only have these two choices."

That's despite Kojima saying that Metal Gear Solid 2 was going to be the last of the MGS franchise. We should never have believed him when he said the same about 3 and 4.

That does, however, dent the chances of ZOE3 being finished any time soon - despite Kojima saying yesterday that he was looking to finish the title:

"Regarding Anubis and so-forth, sorry, those will be pushed a bit into the future," Kojima said. "I'm 47 this year, and I don't know when something might happen (laughs)."

So, as usual nobody knows what Hideo Kojima is up to and as usual another Metal Gear is on the cards.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads