Linked Events

• Uncharted 3 (US): November 01, 2011
  • Uncharted 3 (UK): November 02, 2011

Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  (Read 6269 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:26:38 AM »
Nolan North hints at Uncharted 3

Actor Nolan North, the voice of Nathan Drake, has hinted that production on Uncharted 3 will begin this year.

Talking to GamePro about his career so far, North said 2010 is going to be "a busy year" as there are sequels to Assassin's Creed II and Uncharted 2 that need doing. He also mentioned "a couple of other big premiers that are still unannounced".

Developer Naughty Dog has said before that it's not done with Uncharted, and that there are "lots of adventures" left for Nathan Drake.

Through his voice work on Uncharted 2, North has become a bit of a star. But in 2003 Nolan North was out of a job - kicked off a failed soap opera and left to fend for himself.

Thankfully voice agent Pat Brady had snapped him up. "I had to reinvent myself as a voice actor," he said. "I had a feeling it was going to be big."

He did, and in 2007 when Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was released, North became an instant hit. "Things started blowing up when I did Uncharted," he said. North was soon taking roles across the industry, starring in inFamous, God of War, Halo, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed II and more.

"I feel terrible for Brad Pitt. The anonymity of voice over is one the biggest advantages of the job. You make a great living, support your family, and nobody's going to bother you. My 'all day' is probably 4-hour days," explained North, adding that this lets him focus on his family life "more than most".

North was nominated alongside Mark Hamill and Jack Black at the Spike Video Game Awards in the Best Voice category. He said he couldn't quite believe it and realises he owes "a lot" to the videogame industry.

"I'm constantly waiting to be found out; for someone to say, 'Jig's up! You're having too much fun!' If they don't figure it out, I'm putting 'He got away with it' on my tombstone."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:30:43 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Uncharted 3
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
... I'm putting 'He got away with it' on my tombstone."

awesome

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:48 AM »
Naughty Dog: We can get more out of PS3
Uncharted 3 will push Sony's system even further, is seems

Naughty Dog believes that it can push PS3's technology further than it ever has done before with Uncharted 3.

Earlier this year, Guerrilla claimed it was using 100 per cent of PS3's power with Killzone 3 - but it seems its fellow Sony-owned studio could yet go one better.

When asked how much more ND could 'get out of the system' through engine refinement, the firm's community strategist Arne Meyer said there were a "good number" of things it can do via engine improvement.

Meyer told PlayStation University: "It's very clear to us that there are still more ways we can optimize our engine and introduce new technology innovations.

"There are still engine-related projects that some of our programmers didn't get around to working on or implementing [on Uncharted 2]. There's definitely a good number of ways left for us to make really cool things happen on the engine level."

Naughty Dog has said it won't put 3D or Move support into Uncharted 3 unless it suits the story of the game.

Offline kewlazice

• Why just be cool,when you could be kewlazice:)
  • XBL: ExcaliburGuard
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »
Ohhh thank God, man Move=lame duck sittin in a mudhole on huntin season opening day.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:30 AM »

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:20:59 AM »
cant say ive heard of it, is it another ps3 exclusive  :P

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 06:21:51 AM »
cant say ive heard of it, is it another ps3 exclusive  :P

Certainly is and also another game that the 360 couldn't handle, both quality games and both worth getting a PS3 for.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 08:53:54 AM »
I still haven't played Uncharted 2.

The first was great, and I understand the 2nd is double-awesome.  I'll get around to it sometime in 2012 after the world ends and I don't have to go to work anymore.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:44:11 PM »
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception REVEALED
Title, art and details sneak out ahead of VGA's

Naughty Dog IS making Uncharted 3. It's set in the desert, and carries the subtitle 'Drake's Deception'.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the game will be released on PS3 "late next year".

According to Naughty Dog's creative director Ann Hennig, the theme of 'deception' has various connotations. Not only does Drake do some deceiving of his own, but is himself deceived about his identity.

The story focuses on the hero's relationship with his mentor and father figure, Victor "Sully" Sullivan.

Drake searches for a legendary lost city known by various names including "Iram of the Pillars" and the "Atlantis of the Sands".

The journey will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub' al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter.

The plot reportedly draws from the early real life escapades of T.E. Lawrence - better known as 'Lawrence of Arabia'. However, rather than his esteemed military life, U3 draws from the Brit's early years as an archaeologist.

The desert setting was reportedly 'inspired' by Naughty Dog's desire to answer a 'challenge' - that of rendering organic elements like water, fire and sand, which are technically difficult to credibly render with animation.

Said Hennig: "When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone's eyes light up here and go, 'Yeah, that's going to be really hard - let's do it!'"

Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells added: "We're a bunch of nerds. We just look for something that will be a technical, artistic challenge, and allowed us to push into an area of the world and history we've never tapped into before."

There's no confirmed release date yet, but Naughty Dog has confirmed that it will hit shelves around the same time as the first Nathan Drake novel, Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth, which hits shelves in the autumn.

EW reports: "Uncharted 3?s release date could be announced in the first trailer for the game, scheduled to air during the Spike Videogame Awards on Dec. 11."

First artwork

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 12:54:42 AM »

Offline Maibs

• PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »
I still haven't played Uncharted 2.

The first was great, and I understand the 2nd is double-awesome. 

Double-double-double awesome.

The only reason i keep my ps3 is for uncharted series and maybe god of war too.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
Uncharted 3 Is Due Out Nov. 1, 2011

Uncharted 3 opens with Nathan Drake once again facing deadly circumstances, perhaps not as imminent as a train hanging from a cliff. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception arrives Nov. 1, 2011. This premiere is entirely in-engine, says studio Naughty Dog.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHcM6aHPnE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHcM6aHPnE</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 06:20:12 AM »
Uncharted 3 video goes behind the scenes
Nolan North says this is the best job he's ever had

Naughty Dog's put out an Uncharted 3 video which slips behind the scenes and shows the devs and cast working on last week's reveal trailer.

The video shows Nolan North (Nathan Drake) and Richard McGonagle (Victor Sullivan) fooling around in Naughty Dog's new, dedicated, mo-cap theatre as well as the dev team panicking a bit about the weight of expectation on their shoulders.

Have a look, it's a nice little insight:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCBoHyGb7oE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCBoHyGb7oE</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »
Uncharted 3 on Jimmy Fallon, shame we don't have talk show hosts over here that show games on their shows, strange too as quite a few of them are big gamers (Ross, Moyles, Kay), oh well!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex3D864X5AY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex3D864X5AY</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »
Big month next November, Gears 3 & Uncharted 3, can't wait!   :)

Uncharted 3 screenshots blow our socks off
New details and images of PS3's massive sequel

The embargo's lifted on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception press coverage and as expected the accompanying media is ace.

The third game sees Nathan Drake adventuring to Arabia's Rub' al-Khali desert, following the footsteps of T.E. Lawrence in search of their prize in the Atlantis of the Sands, alternatively known as the city of Ubar, Iram of the Pillars, and the City of Brass.

According to Kotaku, Deception's exploration of the desert will feature "sand in all of its forms, drifting, blowing over the dunes, the displacement of sand, how it flows, sandstorms, mirages, heat haze-all that you would find in the desert."

Naughty Dog's main goal for the third game is to improve the 'cinematic experience', it's said, and Drake's packing new moves including backwards climbing, brawl-style combat and contextual melee.

There are also plenty more "humanizing" tweaks and touches to the way Nathan behaves in the game world, including more tangeible interactions with the environment such as Drake holding onto a stair railing during a run to steady himself.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads