Author Topic: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure  (Read 2813 times)

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
Re: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 11:09:56 AM »
My son got this as a Christmas present and I haven't even considered playing it until now. Must put it on my list must dos!  Along with the dozen or so other games  :P
[/url]

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »
Alright folks, I keep eyeing this up.. without the lure of getting it for your kids to play (since I have none!) is this worth it? Part of me thinks, game wise, I could get Rayman and be just as happy. But part of me loves collectibles and the little portal device thing is awesome looking, appealing to the kid in me.

Worth it? Not worth it? :D

Offline MumseyFish

• Time Zone: GMT -05
    • Facebook Page
  • PSN: MumseyFish
  • XBL: Mumsey Fish, Squishary
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »
Worth it if you plan on getting at least one of each elemental figure...which ends up running up the cost quite a lot.  If you don't plan on getting them then don't bother because the game is extremely limited without them. 

I have one or two of every elemental and there are three adults in this house that love playing it. When I'm not playing it someone else is.  I only just found death online the other day and am waiting for it. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait! 

I guess depending on where you are, figures are only available in limited quantities.  It took a lot of searching to find all the ones I have here in the US. I found some online, but I also managed to get some from gamestop because I know people there. They put them aside for me.  Otherwise they're sold out in a matter of minutes. 

(Trying to think of a place to display them once we're done playing with them...they really are very very cute).

Oh, and once the characters level up and get their special powers it gets a lot more interesting than when you first start out, so give it a chance if you get it....it's kind of lame in the beginning. 

Have fun!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
+1

I want Terrafin and Stealth Elf. They're supposed to be two of the best

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 09:29:52 AM »
Death finally came in the mail today! Yay!  Now I have at least one of all the elements. 

Seriously though, I was very lucky to find them.  I've had people scouring the stores for me....even in New York City... and NO ONE is carrying these things any more.  The only reason I have these (including stealth elf) is because I know people at gamestop and they put them aside for me. 

Are they as hard to get in the UK as they are over here?

They're supposed to be coming out with new ones this month. I hope they make enough that they won't sell out and be impossible to find this time.

And as sad as this sounds, I have a bunch of these, but I want ALL of them!  I was sitting around with my eight year old last night and figuring out which ones I have left to buy.  lol

Offline Smithk4

• PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
Ya it's easy to get caught up in a game with collectables like this. I can see more games like this one coming on line in the future......

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
Can't believe how ridiculously hard it is to fine the extra figures for this! I'm not finished playing through the story yet but once I've done that I'll probably shelve it for a bit, I'll probably get an odd few extra figures for it at some point when they're more accessible though. It's nice to see it'll be supported with future releases too, since paying out for the figures and having no new "content" as  far as gameplay goes would've been poor. The adventure packs and the future "Giants" edition for later in the year look like positive things in the mean time.

Offline Smithk4

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 04:42:11 AM »
Three new Skylanders shock, burn and boom into Spyro's Adventure:

Spyro's universe is expanding -- much like ours, but without the physical, philosophical or scientific implications -- with three new characters. Lightning Rod, Zook and Sunburn, the last of which comes toSkylanders in the Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack, are all available now. Lightning Rod and Zook are $7.99 each, and the pack including Sunburn runs $19.99.

Lightning Rod, who we're convinced is modeled after Aladdin's Genie and Robin Williams' beardiness, is an air character whose attacks involve electro-bolts; Sunburn is part dragon, part phoenix, breathes fire and can teleport; and Zook, a life character, carries a bamboo bazooka.

http://www.theitchronicle.com/2012/03/06/three-new-skylanders-shock-burn-and-boom-into-spyros-adventure/

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 05:29:37 AM »
Wait, I'm confused. These aren't new....?   ???

Offline Smithk4

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
I did a bit of looking around and found this on Jotstiq. They are pretty up to date with this stuff. Also see the videos and the comments at the end.

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/03/06/three-new-skylanders-shock-burn-and-boom-into-spyros-adventure/

[/url]

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 10:04:15 AM »
I guess my confusion is because of the poster that I got with the game that lists all the skylanders. Zook, sunburn, and lightning rod are on that poster. I assumed everything on that poster was...maybe not available...but not really considered new since their part of the original set?

There are a lot of them that can't be found but mostly because the stores can't keep up with the demand. I didn't realize they were holding some of them back. What I thought of when they said new was that they were going to come out with something completely not seen before, (like maybe a while new land with giants or something) not just some that were already advertised on the poster that says "collect them all!"

I'm just trying to understand what they mean by "new". I guess that's where my confusion comes in. That would be kind of sneaky if they were holding them back after already advertising them as part of the set, don't you think?

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »
Okay, I figured out my confusion... I think?  When I thought of "new" I was thinking of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kv4sueAp_s

I thought all the figures on the poster were already out. I guess they're not?  :-\

Offline Smithk4

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 10:05:59 AM »
GameStop testing Skylanders toy trade-in program

GameStops are about to be overrun with toys in an epidemic the likes of which we haven't seen since the late-90s Pokémon figure thing. Pixelitis published what appears to be an internal GameStop document detailing a nascent Skylanders figurine trade-in program being tested at some stores.

Surprisingly, they seem priced by rarity, with harder-to-find figurines reselling for up to $20. Trade-in values range from around $2 to $8. There's currently no information on which stores are participating in the offer, but given the popularity of the game it'll be everywhere soon enough.

[/url]

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 03:06:47 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised to find these on sale in my local HMV - first shop other than Argos to actually seem to keep in the figures. That said I've lost interest for now, haven't even finished much of the main story with the 3 it comes with. It's one the kids loved when they were over at least.

Offline Dantespaw

• Time Zone: GMT -08
    • Xbox Live Card
  • XBL: Dantespaw
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
I picked this up for my wife and I to play together, and it was a major success. It is simple and cute enough to have anyone pick it up and be able to play, but has a little depth in the character leveling to keep it interesting for me. And as a major nerd, I like collecting the little figures. They are difficult to find though. I stopped by a Toys R Us the other day, and their entire display was sold out. I didnt know the game was really that popular. Looks like another cash cow for Activision.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads