Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Re: Rage
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Bethesda's released a new trailer for id Software's awesome looking shooter Rage, which you can see below.
While post-apocalyptic wastelands feel like they've been done to death a little bit now, we can't help but get excited by the upcoming title from the Doom and Quake creators, which is set for European release on September 16, 2011.
The new trailer features plenty of short gameplay snippets and a quick reveal of a giant beast at the end.
You also get to see a character using a remote controlled explosive buggy, a little like the ones in Call of Duty: Black Ops, plus some driving and shooting action.

The trailer also boasts an original track, Burning Jacob's Ladder, by singer Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees, Queens of the Stone Age, Gutter Twins).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QAUhBMJ2w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QAUhBMJ2w</a>

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »
While post-apocalyptic wastelands feel like they've been done to death a little bit now...

The Developing parties spark an interest but that well is starting to feel a little dry as of late... :-\

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
Enslaved had a great wasteland to traverse

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »

i second this.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »

i second this.

I'd agree on that one, the color palette used was pretty refreshing. I'm thinking visually, the browns, dust, rust, sand, (Mad Max) visual language has just been reaching its peak as of late.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
Enslaved had a lot of Bright Blues and Greens.

Offline Legion

• Geth do not -intentionally- infiltrate
    • http://www.google.co.uk
  • XBL: Istvan Kovacs
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 02:37:46 PM »
Yeah but it still had quite a lot of dull browns and greys. That said, I think it all was designed and put together brilliantly, a refreshing change from the post-apocalyptic dull (but still oh so sexy) brown landscape of the Fallout games.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »
The trailer also boasts an original track, Burning Jacob's Ladder, by singer Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees, Queens of the Stone Age, Gutter Twins).

Awesome.  I love Lanegan.  Screaming Trees was a great band.  Plus he was lead on "God is in the Radio", one of my favorite QotSA tracks.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
Rage's 2 discs can be beaten in a day

You might think that a game massive enough to require two DVDs would provide a substantially long gameplay experience, but you'd be wrong.

The upcoming Fallout-3-meets-Borderlands shooter from id Software, Rage, is set to ship on two DVDs for the Xbox 360, while the PS3 will still likely ship on just one Blu-ray disc.  While one would assume the game must be fairly long in order to necessitate a second disc, Rage's creative director, Tim Willits, says otherwise.

In an interview with OXM, Willits states that the campaign takes a mere 15 hours to complete.  While that is relatively long for a first-person shooter, the nature of Rage's open post-apocalyptic world should provide several times that.

To be fair, Fallout 3's campaign can reportedly be completed in 20 hours if no other side quests are tackled.  Is Rage going to be the same way?  How much extra is there going to be to extend that 15 hours into something a little closer to, let's say, 100?

The news that Rage is potentially so short is very disappointing indeed.  Let's just hope there's enough extras to distract us from that main campaign and provide a little more bang for the buck.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 03:43:25 PM »
Wonder if the upcoming [XBox 360 System Update] will have any impact (assuming it arrives in time) on Rage's 2-disc requirement.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:52 PM »
15 hours is far from disappointing.  It just raises the question ... "What the hell is on the 2nd disc?"

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:51 AM »
15 hours is far from disappointing.  It just raises the question ... "What the hell is on the 2nd disc?"

DLC that you have to pay to unlock.
Your mom!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »

DLC that you have to pay to unlock.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
I do not believe for a second that rage will only be 15 hours unless you blast through the main story double quick time, the reports saying fallout 3 took 20 hours are a joke as well. I have been playing that game for over 100 hours now and i am nowhere near finished. If it turns out to be true though and there are no sidequests to extend the experience to at least 30 hours there are gonna be a lot of complaints, especially from bethesda fans who will buy the game because bethesda published it and expect something similar to fallout.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
I do not believe for a second that rage will only be 15 hours unless you blast through the main story double quick time, the reports saying fallout 3 took 20 hours are a joke as well. I have been playing that game for over 100 hours now and i am nowhere near finished. If it turns out to be true though and there are no sidequests to extend the experience to at least 30 hours there are gonna be a lot of complaints, especially from bethesda fans who will buy the game because bethesda published it and expect something similar to fallout.

I think it is worth remembering that Rage isn't an RPG. Rage is first and foremost a FPS. It is made by guys who have only made shooter games for the past 20 years, and I don't think they are looking to change with Rage. In fact, when ZeniMax(Bethesda) bought Id (the Rage developer), they went out of their way to say that they made the move to avoid conflicts of interest involving two developers under the same publisher making the same genre of game. In other words, Bethesda does the RPGs while Id does the FPSs. No chocolate in my peanut butter.

I am certain that if you go into Rage expecting a Fallout RPG experience you will be disappointed.

Now, considering most AAA action titles clock in at around 4-10 hours(CoD:MW 2 is about 4 hours, Gears 2 is about 10), I'll be extremely pleased with a 15 hour run-through of Rage.
Your mom!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads