Author Topic: Jaynestown  (Read 5687 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Jaynestown
« on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »

What's the story behind your Gamertag?
When I first signed up for Xbox Live I’d just finished watching the TV series Firefly for the first time, so I decided to create a gamertag based on that. Since my favourite character was Jayne Cobb, played by Adam Baldwin, I opted for a gamertag of the episode entitled Jaynestown, centred around a community that had mistakenly adopted Jayne as a folk hero! I’ll never change it, I like the (once or twice a year) reaction I get from randoms about being a Firefly fan  :)

Where do you live?
Erm, I’m slightly embarrassed to say, the home of Chavs… Chatham in Kent. Kent is a lovely area of the United Kingdom, just not the bit I live in :(

What do you do for a living?
I’m a part qualified Management Accountant (I kept failing the ultra boring law exams that accompanied the qualification) for a Pharmaceutical company. I’ve been in this job for 5 years now, the pays ok, the benefits are good, it’s just a shame the job itself is so dull, but beggars can’t be choosers in this day and age can they?

What is the worst or weirdest job you've ever had?
I’ve only ever had two jobs, both as an accountant so I haven’t really had a weird job. However, my first job culminated in redundancy after the company was shut. Being the(joint) last person to leave and having to lock the gates was a somewhat weird (and not very pleasant) experience.

How long have you been playing videogames?
Since 1992 when I bought myself an Amiga 600. Up until then my only real experience of videogames was playing some dodgy pirate game (and I mean a game about pirates) on my cousins’ Commodore 64! I then upgraded to an Amiga 1200, then PC gaming and then an Xbox. I’m now on my third 360, the first one packed up and the second one ran out of hard disk space!

What is the first videogame you ever played?
I can’t exactly remember (it was twenty years ago!) I’m 90% certain it was Sensible Soccer on my (aforementioned) Amiga 600 but there’s a possibility it could have been Alien Breed or Monkey Island 2 instead

How often do you play videogames?
Well for a few years it was 4 to 5 hours a day (more at the weekends) but lately I’ve cut down my gaming time to an hour or two a day (sometimes none at all) as I’ve realised that scorewhoring was too frustrating and that games should be played for enjoyment only.

What hobbies do you enjoy besides videogames?
I used to play cricket but I’m too old for that now although I still enjoy watching test cricket on the TV (the only true form of the game I might add) as well as supporting the mighty Spurs from the comfort of my armchair. My other main hobby is watching films and TV series, specifically Sci-Fi, although I have a fairly varied taste. I also like listening to music, mainly female artists as I don’t really like the sound of the male voice. I don’t get out much!!!

What's your gaming setup like?
Nothing special, my Xbox is connected to my 37” Plasma TV via an HDMI cable. I have the option to connect the sound to my 5.1 surround sound system but I very rarely bother as it only has one  TOS connection which is reserved for my blu-ray player.

What's your favorite multiplayer game?
Predictably, Gears Of War 3, and before that Gears Of War 2

What's your favorite single player game?
Probably Fallout 3 as I put in well over 100 hours in to that game, Mass Effect 2 would be a close second.

What's your favorite downloadable/indie game?
I’ve never bought or even played an Indie game. My favourite Arcade game is Pinball FX2 which I’m pretty good at :D

What future game are you most looking forward to?
Can’t decide between Mass Effect 3, Soul Calibur V or the new Tomb Raider game, they all look awesome.

What do you think is the best game of all time?
I don’t think I can give a definitive answer on this as games have improved so much over the 20 years I’ve been playing that it would be unfair to compare Sensible Soccer to Gears Of War 3. If my life depended on picking a favourite I'd go with Dark Forces (on the PC) purely because it was the first Star Wars game I ever played :)

What do you think is the best film of all time?
Aliens, followed very closely by Star Wars. I also have a soft spot for Finding Nemo!!!

What do you think is the best album of all time?
Probably Shania Twain’s Come On Over, as all 16 tracks are excellent. It’s also the only CD I’ve ever worn out!

What's your funniest 360° Fahrenheit moment?
Probably being told after the event that despite falling asleep during a late night game of Gears 2 I still managed to chainsaw someone in half :D

What is your greatest gaming moment?
Getting 100% completion on Gears Of War 2. Special thanks to Craig for helping me with the Insane play through and Nick for basically getting the Wingman achievement for me (I died, he killed everyone). Grinding 20 hours of the final chapter was a bit of a pain for the final achievement though!

What's your favorite TV show that's currently running?
Easy, The Big Bang Theory, pure class! I can relate to every character on some level (yes, even Penny)... I’m a bit of a geek myself!!!

What's your favorite TV show that's no longer running?
The original Star Trek because it got me in to Sci-Fi, and Captain Kirk/William Shatner is one of my hero’s. The aforementioned Firefly would be a close second.

If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
I honestly have no idea… I’ll go with the guy from Big Bang Theory who plays Leonard, mainly because he wears glasses.

What one celebrity would you like to be stranded on a desert island with?
Depends on how long I’m stranded for. If I’m going to get off after a week or so then William Shatner as I could ask him loads of geeky questions about Star Trek and he wouldn’t be able to avoid answering them. If I’m going to be stranded indefinitely then it’ll have to be some hot young actress like Amber Heard to keep me “occupied” ;)

What's your karaoke song?
eBay by Weird Al Yankovic. I sang it at my brother’s stag do, I rocked!!!

What is the last book you read?
Crikey, I think it was Raise The Titanic by Clive Cussler about 3 years ago… I don’t read much, it takes up too much time.

What fictional character is most like you?
A combination of Spock as I have a very logical brain, Muttley from the Wacky Races as I moan a lot and don’t suffer fools gladly, and Animal from the Muppets as I have a bit of a temper!

What superpower would you like to have?
Not exactly a superpower, but the ability to use the Force, especially to manipulate the “weak minded”, then I’d get a decent pay rise 

If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be?
Anyone I work with, just to find out if I really am as “noisy” as they say I am!!!

What celebrity would be the worst roommate?
Louis Walsh , I can’t stand the horrible little troll, he talks such utter bollocks! I’d probably end up murdering him if I had to share a room with him!!!

Who's your favorite superhero?
I’m going to say Wolverine, purely because of his healing powers and adamantium claws, “snikt”

Who's your favorite videogame character?
I don’t think I have a favourite, how about Superfrog?

Who's your favorite actor?
There are so many to mention, but based purely on the fact he’s both Han Solo AND Indiana Jones I’ll go with Harrison Ford. I also think Nathan Fillion from Firefly should get more credit, if they re-made Indiana Jones he’d be perfect for the role!

Who's your favorite band/artist?
Of all time? The Bangles, because I had a massive crush on Susanna Hoffs in my teens.  :-[  At this moment in time though I really like Colbie Caillat as her songs are very melodic and you can hear all the words she is singing, unlike most artists these days (I really am old aren’t I?)

What is your favorite movie quote?
Private Hudson in Aliens… “we’re on an express elevator to hell, going down”… kind of sums up life in general!!!

What's the worst food you've ever eaten?
Parsnips… bleurgh!!!

What do you predict will be the "next big thing" in gaming?
I’d like to think it would be Holodecks (as in Star Trek: The Next Generation) or am I being too hopeful?

What is the most awesome place you have been?
I haven’t been abroad much, but my favourite place I have been to is Madeira. It’s a beautiful island with a nice (not too hot) climate. It’s just a shame about the beaches but you can’t have everything.

What is the most awesome place you haven't been yet?
The Moon, I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid!
Complete this sentence: "People of Earth, …”
… can JT come back to the mothership now?

Final thoughts?
I was going to put something about this forum but it started to turn in to an essay, so instead I’ll simply put…
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:14:53 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
Re: Jaynestown
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
Way to be, JT. Who else has the dedication to get chainsaw kills in their sleep for the good of the team?
Your mom!

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
Very cool JT but Shania Twain?

I think I remember a pirate game from around that time was it this?

Hack and slash type affair.

Amiga what I can say great way to start gaming :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
Like I said, I like female artists :)

Honestly can't remember the name of the Pirate game, just that my cousins were infinitely better at it than me

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
T20 is much better

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
Who doesn't love a bit of Firefly.  ;)

....would like a holodeck connected to my Xbox, too, now that you mention it.

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
It's nice to learn more about you JT.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:03:31 AM »
Good answers JT, not enough Gears though!  ;)

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
Strangely I guessed lots of those answers, although no mention of guinea pigs...disappointed JT.

Great shout out for Hoffs, I too had a massive 80's crush on her!    :-*

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
Strangely I guessed lots of those answers, although no mention of guinea pigs...disappointed JT.

80's?  I have a 2011 crush on her.

Plus, I'll always love her for writing Shakes & my song.  Shakes is my eternal flame.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »

80's?  I have a 2011 crush on her.

Plus, I'll always love her for writing Shakes & my song.  Shakes is my eternal flame.

Well yes, she is still looking damn fine in her 50's :)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »
I need only the slightest of excuses to launch into Eternal Flame, much to MsGunslinger's chagrin.
Your mom!

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

Sorry Luke, perhaps I should have mentioned them as a "hobby" but I don't really consider them that, as I don't have any kids they're more like my responsibility :)

I need only the slightest of excuses to launch into Eternal Flame, much to MsGunslinger's chagrin.

So does MsGunslinger not enjoy said aforementioned "awesome" tune?

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 06:51:56 AM »

So does MsGunslinger not enjoy said aforementioned "awesome" tune?

nope, just Shakes singing! :P

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »
Ah, I see!!!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads