Author Topic: How did I get achievements I didn't earn?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline AnalogReflex

• Time Zone: GMT -05
  • XBL: AnalogReflex
How did I get achievements I didn't earn?
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen before and how they may have fixed it. I just got Madden 12 last week (on sale for $10). I just noticed
that somehow I have already completed 53% of the achievements... early last Sept 2011. Considering I just got the game, any one ever see this type of error happen?
I do have Madden 10, but only got 3 of the achievements in that if that makes any difference.

Offline SgtCougar77

• Time Zone: GMT -08
  • XBL: Sgt Cougar
Re: How did I get achievements I didn't earn?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Your account was hacked! I know twice now my account has been hacked from FIFA 12 a game I have never played or owned. It's something between Xbox Live and EA Sports. Check your MS Points and purchase history. Typically you will be missing those points and have unmade purchases in your history.

Offline AnalogReflex

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:12:36 AM »
Hmm, I suppose it is possible my account was hacked, however I have only recently been having any MS points in my acct (from bing searches) and haven't had a credit card attached to my account so there unfortunately isn't any history I can check. Odd though that these achievements would only show up after I just bought the game, I've never seen it in my game history before.

Offline BackupLight

• Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
Just sounds like a bit of a glitch- report it to Microsoft anyway just in case there's something amiss with it I guess?

Offline AnalogReflex

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I'm contacting MS support now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline NODAK

• XBL: Kenjuan
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
For some reason, I had an achievement pop for a DLC that I didn't own ???, but I was online playing the main game at the time.

Yeah definitely get that activity looked into by support...better safe than sorry.

Offline AnalogReflex

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »
So far support wasn't all that helpful, pretty much asking time and time again if I'd played the game, or played it at a friends or any other variety of playing it. Um, no, never. Only recourse they offered after an hour of online chat help was maybe a corrupt file, possibly a profile, but that turned fruitless. So unless I feel like spending another hour without getting anywhere I may be stuck missing out on getting the achievements which isn't the end of the world.

Offline BackupLight

• Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
The problem is, some large portion of these sorts of things (not just in gaming, but in any field with a support team) the problem often comes from people being daft. AKA: They'd play the game at a friends using their gamertag and forget, then tell support. Kind of like the age old PC issue where the person can't get their unit to power up - and haven't checked if it's plugged in.

It doesn't sound like a huge problem if you've not experienced any issues beyond that, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just sounds like a glitch! On the flip side, free gamerscore, woo.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
... On the flip side, free gamerscore, woo.

lol

Offline AnalogReflex

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »
Ha, I guess that would be a plus, but I'm not sure if I even have the score for them. I mean when the game achievements showed up my score didn't jump up at all. Maybe it's been counted in it for a year+ or something and never noticed. I'll have to manually count up my score to see if it's even a part of it or not.   

Guess when kids ask when in real life they'll use math you can use this as an example  ;D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads