Author Topic: 'Triple Play' offer rewards free Microsoft Points  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Smithk4

• Time Zone: GMT
  • PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
'Triple Play' offer rewards free Microsoft Points
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:03:24 AM »

Microsoft is offering free Microsoft Points to those who take advantages of the Xbox 360’s features.

As part of the Xbox Live Rewards Scheme, the “Triple Play” offers 300 Microsoft Points for gaming, as well as using the entertainment and social features. In order to obtain the rewards, players need to complete one in each of the categories:

Gaming:
Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April.
Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox Live for 10 hours or more during the month of April.
Spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on game-related items in the Xbox Live Marketplace during the month of April (qualifying items include the following: Games on Demand, Game Add-Ons, or Arcade game titles).

Entertainment:
Spend 400 Microsoft Points or more on any film or television content in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April.
Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April:
BBC iPlayer
Blinkbox
Crackle
Last.FM
LOVEFiLM
MUZU.TV
Netflix
Sky
VEVO
Zune

Social:
Use Facebook through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
Watch YouTube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
Connect over Video Kinect for 1 hour or more during the month of April.

So playing ten hours of your favourite Xbox Live game, watching ten hours of your favorite series and one hour’s worth of cat videos on YouTube will bag you the points. Pretty simple really.

If you were holding off on buying any games or TV content, April might be the month to do it.

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: 'Triple Play' offer rewards free Microsoft Points
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:30:35 AM »
Nearly done the 10 hours of multiplayer already!   :)

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »
Living in Ireland this means absolutely piss all to me !! We're still waiting on both xbox live rewards and family gold membership!!  Grrrrrrr
[/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »
Living in Ireland this means absolutely piss all to me !! We're still waiting on both xbox live rewards and family gold membership!!  Grrrrrrr

Ouch - not having XBL Rewards.  It's not a huge offering, but it is nice to get 100 MSP every other month or so.

As for the Family Gold plan, I personally despise it.  It's a glitchy, billing scheme that is guaranteed to give your family a headache if they actually use their Xbox LIVE gold accounts.  The xbox.com support forums are full of complaints.   :-X

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
maybe living in 'behindthetimes'land isn't all bad so !!!
[/url]

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
i'd probably nail all the gaming ones really easily but wouldn't scratch social or even entertainment ... i might watch 4oD for 30mins a week at most.

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
I probably watch enough through LoveFilm to get that one down, and I'll just use YouTube for the social thing - plenty of subscriptions I'd normally watch on my phone or laptop that I can use the xbox for.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
Gaming:
Play any Kinect game for 2 hours or more during the month of April.
     Doubtful    #)
Experience multi-player gaming on Xbox Live for 10 hours or more during the month of April.
     Maybe
Spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on game-related items in the Xbox Live Marketplace during the month of April (qualifying items include the following: Games on Demand, Game Add-Ons, or Arcade game titles).
     Already done   ;)

Entertainment:
Spend 400 Microsoft Points or more on any film or television content in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace during the month of April.
     Never gonna happen    :P
Use any of these entertainment apps for 10 hours or more during the month of April:
Crackle
Last.FM
Zune
     I prefer last.fm on my PC or phone since they don't use ads, but I could let it play all day while I'm at work or whatever.  I wonder if "using" the Zune & Crackle apps just means having it open, or actively watching videos?   ???

Social:
Use Facebook through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
     Doubtful, but I could just open the app and leave it open if that's all it requires.
Watch YouTube through your Xbox LIVE account for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
     I could do that.  I have a lot of YouTube subscriptions to catch up on.
Connect over Video Kinect for 1 hour or more during the month of April.
     No thanks

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads