Author Topic: My Xbox 360 no longer has Audio or Video? wtf...  (Read 721 times)

Offline ApocalysePony

• XBL: ApocalysePony
My Xbox 360 no longer has Audio or Video? wtf...
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
Soooo i went out of town for a few days but before hand my Xbox was tip top condition. Never had problem, Ever!
So while im away my friend is kind enough to but my Dead Rising 2, Mass effect 2, and Splinter cell :conviction...not to mention one of those spiffy new black headsets that sit firmly snug on your head(becaus my dog ate my last one)...then on my long journey home I went out of my way to buy gears 2.

Got home a few hours later and my GOD DAMN XBOX WAS ON AND RUNNING!...i think my cat steped on my controller and turned my xbox on since my cats also know how to turn on my labtop. well at first i was mad but i was like "Eh i was going to play anyway" then BAM! Just blue screen....so i thought to myself maybe my A/V cables just burnt out so i went 15 miles to my nearest gamestop to buy new plugs...BAM! those also didnt work so my only thought it my video chip had a stroke and i need to get it fixed. but then again im certainly not a techie. does anyone have any advice? FML i need help ASAP how can i live without my Xbox?!?!

Yours truly... Lord of Chaos...Pony ;)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: My Xbox 360 no longer has Audio or Video? wtf...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:54:31 PM »
Maybe if the cat turned it on and it's been on ages, maybe it's broke something important?

This is the only and best info i could really find.

It can lead to the complete shut down of the system due to the critical system error. The Xbox 360 blue screen of death is actually a counter measure, which shut down the system in order to prevent further damage.

The Xbox 360 blue screen of death can be caused by physical faults such as a fault in the memory unit, power supply unit, overheating of the entire system, or running hardware beyond specification limits of the system.

I can't find anyway to fix it, have you phoned MS?

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 03:21:49 PM »
I got the blue screen but the audio was still audible (!) then 10 minutes later I got RROD...[N]

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:37:52 PM »
FIRST - Which type of cable connects your Xbox 360 to your TV?
(A)

(B)

(C)

SECOND - Try the following.
1.  Unplug the power supply from the outlet.  Don't just unplug the power supply from the console.
2.  Count to 100.
3.  Plug the power supply back into the outlet.
4.  Count to 10.
5.  Turn your Xbox 360 on.  Same problem?  If so, what color is the LED light on the power supply?  (Green, Orange, Red)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads