Author Topic: Friday Game Night - October 14  (Read 10295 times)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Friday Game Night - October 14
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:37 AM »
Expect new Reach achievements when Anniversary comes out.

Offline Autarch Kade

• This post may contain nuts.
    • Time Zone: GMT -06
    • An interestingly accurate site
  • Steam: AutarchKade
  • XBL: Autarch Kade
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 11:05:59 AM »
I figure Gears 2 is a lock for this Friday, so I'll abstain. :P  I plan to kick out the last of my Reach achievements, so I can wipe its 6 gig footprint off my tiny HDD. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Which ones you plan on working on?
I like my women how I like my coffee: ground up and in the freezer.

The doctors say his chances are 50/50... but there's only a 10% chance of that.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
Elle's gonna get biz-zay at The Con.    :-*

LOLno, i just wanna try it. I go every year and i never tried it before lmao. Plus im obligated to since i badgered my bff to sign up for it too! I think of it as us being proactive! Lmaoo

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
Let's all vote GTA and NOT play it ;)

Well, I did play GTA...all alone :'(

:'(

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 03:04:42 PM »
Elle's gonna get biz-zay at The Con.    :-*

LOLno, i just wanna try it. I go every year and i never tried it before lmao. Plus im obligated to since i badgered my bff to sign up for it too! I think of it as us being proactive! Lmaoo

Elle's a swinger

Offline NODAK

• XBL: Kenjuan
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:41 AM »
Expect new Reach achievements when Anniversary comes out.
I thought that was merely a HD remake of Halo 1. Didn't realize it added anything to Reach.

Which ones you plan on working on?
Checking the list it seems I basically need the firefight ones.

:'(
Felonious acts just aren't the same without someone to share them with.  :-\

Offline PresidentReaper

• Jonathan Jock aka Jock
  • So....
  • Last.fm: PresidentReaper
  • XBL: PresidentReaper
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 07:42:40 AM »
Since being here I've noticed that a lot of the same games win week in and week out. And I'm up for choices but in my own opinion for these to be a more sociable community I think we should mix it up more. Now don't hate me for this but not all people are in to the Gears of Wars series I know shocker and I'm not mad that a lot of people are as a lot of people might not be in to the games I'm into. Just saying a little diversity might help so if you vote Gears of War 3 every week maybe be courteous to those who would rather play something else and if something else gets voted we don't like then that's our problem.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
Im up for an alternative, maybe a mix up of reach/ red or anything else I have on the list.
Thats why we have the alt game to host and the winning game gets removed from the next weeks vote.Gears 3 is still new hence the popularity.Reach is good for bigger groups, and red dead as well. but you can play anything at all. Anyway Im on from 9/10gmt reaper I'll add on FL.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »
My mates coming round tonight, so i'll be on FIFA 12 and Split/Second probably. I'll more than likely join in after midnight/1am.

Offline PresidentReaper

• Jonathan Jock aka Jock
  • So....
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
I wasn't saying it's a big problem or anything just saying that I don't prefer Gears I might look into some of those other games though because I want to play with people pretty regularly.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
I wasn't saying it's a big problem or anything just saying that I don't prefer Gears I might look into some of those other games though because I want to play with people pretty regularly.

There's always the [Co-op / Challenges Boards] - just takes a bit more coordination to get those fired up.  ;)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »
Since being here I've noticed that a lot of the same games win week in and week out. And I'm up for choices but in my own opinion for these to be a more sociable community I think we should mix it up more. Now don't hate me for this but not all people are in to the Gears of Wars series I know shocker and I'm not mad that a lot of people are as a lot of people might not be in to the games I'm into. Just saying a little diversity might help so if you vote Gears of War 3 every week maybe be courteous to those who would rather play something else and if something else gets voted we don't like then that's our problem.

I completely agree.  Typically, the winning choice is pulled from the poll the following week, so we never play the same game twice.  However, exceptions are made for AAA releases when most of the community will be playing them regardless of what game wins.  Now that the Gears fever is starting to fade, we'll remove it from next week's poll.

Keep in mind that "Alternates" are always welcome to anyone willing to host them.  You can pick a game that came close to winning the vote, or a different game entirely if you're in a recruiting mood.  ;)

Use the Game Night threads each week to lobby for your favorite.  If no one makes a case for the underdog, the underdog goes unnoticed.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

I completely agree.  Typically, the winning choice is pulled from the poll the following week, so we never play the same game twice.  However, exceptions are made for AAA releases when most of the community will be playing them regardless of what game wins.  Now that the Gears fever is starting to fade, we'll remove it from next week's poll.

Keep in mind that "Alternates" are always welcome to anyone willing to host them.  You can pick a game that came close to winning the vote, or a different game entirely if you're in a recruiting mood.  ;)

Use the Game Night threads each week to lobby for your favorite.  If no one makes a case for the underdog, the underdog goes unnoticed.

For some maybe, my Gears fever has been very strong for 5 bloody years, I think I need to see my doctor!   ;D

Offline PresidentReaper

• Jonathan Jock aka Jock
  • So....
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
As I said I'm not knocking any fans of a series just like you can't get me off the Battlefield series I agree that these games become a part of our lives but I'm sure I speak for others when all I'm saying is let's get a little more diversity.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 01:53:30 PM »
I know where you coming from though. And what Neato said , push the underdog. Some games do get a surprising run though.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads