Linked Events

• Silent Hill HD Collection (US): March 20, 2012
  • Silent Hill HD Collection (UK): March 29, 2012

Author Topic: Silent Hill HD Collection  (Read 3502 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Silent Hill HD Collection
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 05:02:29 AM »

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »
Original Silent Hill developer disappointed at "poor" HD re-release

PS3 hardware = Crappy fog effects?

I wonder if the Xbox 360 version has the same problem?

Seemingly the Ps3 version had worse problems than the Xbox version hence a singular patch for the Ps3, but they both have the fog in SH2 ie the fog is on front of you and not around you!. But the reason for the problems was due to the fact that Konami had lost the finished code and Hijinx were left with unfinished code to work with not good. There is a patch incoming but if will have a fog fix for SH2 who knows.
Anyway Started playing 2 today and it's still creepy as hell seems to run fine for me. Gotta love nostalgic surprises, although a strange gift to get from your two young kids :)>>>>Pyramid Head is not something I would show them. And here's a thing, why is the collection only 15 rated, I mean does anyone remember the scene with Pyramid and the mannequins?!
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
Pyramid Head is not something I would show them. And here's a thing, why is the collection only 15 rated, I mean does anyone remember the scene with Pyramid and the mannequins?!

Remember?  It's all I think about.

(click to show/hide)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
Pyramid Head is not something I would show them. And here's a thing, why is the collection only 15 rated, I mean does anyone remember the scene with Pyramid and the mannequins?!

(click to show/hide)

Great - damn curiosity, now I'm Fukuro'd for life...

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 05:23:26 AM »

(click to show/hide)

Demented, the art style will stand up forever. Amazing how these games still stand up, not that they're still good it's more a case that they're still great and the originals were unbelievable on their release. You would think that a game you played so long ago at a younger age and were unnerved by then, that it wouldn't have that effect now, but it does. It's not scary there's no shock tactics, it's just creepy, eerie and keeps you on this edge that you can't even explain, brilliant stuff.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
Konami Not Patching Silent Hill HD on Xbox 360 Because, Well, It's Hard

Technical complications blamed on why only the PS3's getting patched.

When Konami released the Silent Hill HD Collection back in March, what should have been a celebration of gaming horror classics, Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, instead produced a collective sigh, as fans mucked through the countless technical issues within.

These issues were far more pronounced on Xbox 360 than PlayStation 3, and not long ago Konami issued a patch attempting to smooth out the PlayStation 3 version. Now, we know why Konami didn't release an Xbox 360 patch then: they have no plans to ever.

Today, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced that while a PlayStation®3 online title update for Silent Hill HD Collection has been deployed for download via PlayStation®Network, plans for an XBOX®360 title update have been cancelled due to technical issues and resources.

Understanding the issues some users are experiencing, KONAMI issued a title update for Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3), which fixed frame rate issues as well as audio-synching and other reported issues. KONAMI apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the XBOX 360 sku.

[Giant Bomb]

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
Well, whatduyaknow? This is the first time I think I've heard PS3 having a 1up on Xbox 360 with regards to patches and glitches on a Multiplatform game. It's not opposite day is it?  ;)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads