Linked Events

• BioShock 2 : February 09, 2010

Author Topic: BioShock 2  (Read 4019 times)

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

Re: BioShock 2
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
im still early into the game but its pretty good. it doesnt have the scary atmosphere that the 1st one had and the multiplayer is kinda lame, but other than that its a good game

Offline KoreRupt

• DJ ZeroCore - Hardcore Music.
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
im still early into the game but its pretty good. it doesnt have the scary atmosphere that the 1st one had and the multiplayer is kinda lame, but other than that its a good game

I think its not as scary cause of the fact you KNOW what enemies are what.. like the spider splicers and houdini ones.  Plus no amazing FortFrolic level yet :(  or at least one that lives up to its epicness.

MP is always lame at the start of a release.. hopefully it will pick up.  Has the potential to be really good.  Though CallOfDuty broke FPS's expectations on MP.  So everyone compares the experience to that.. if its worse (even by a little bit) people call it lame.  :/  Good grounds for fun though.

Honour, Respect, Loyalty.

Offline AchyHippo

• XBL: AchyHippo
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
Loving it so far, miles better than the original.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »
Loving it so far,

Coming from you Achy that's high praise indeed.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »
Loving it so far, miles better than the original.

I just started it last night.  Only played for a couple hours, but I am pleasantly surprised.

I've heard some less-than-stellar opinions about it, in comparison to the first BioShock.  But the things some seem to complain about don't seem to be affecting my enjoyment.   ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

Finished my first playthrough last night.  I have to say I wasn't thrilled with the story and characters at first, but by the end the game completely won me over.  Fantastic experience.

I even got almost all of the campaign achievements in one single playthrough without even using any type of guide.  I just compulsively explored every single area in the game and ended up finding all of the hidden stuff.

For some reason I apparently didn't save every little sister, but I think that was a glitch.  I remember early in the game there was a glitch I experienced where the little sister I picked up wouldn't stop crying (the same crying audio clip you hear after killing a rival Big Daddy).  For 30+ minutes the little sister on my back just kept crying for her Big Daddy ... it was disturbing.  I think maybe the game didn't register that I had picked her up (adopted her) even though I did.   :-\

Oh well.  I look forward to playing it a 2nd time on the hardest difficulty.   :)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
I read somewhere the very first little sister you kidnap is VERY glitchy. She can get stuck in all sorts of places, although i had no problems.

I've played about 3 hours and it isn't as good as number one, but still it's an excellent game, 8/10 so far!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
I read somewhere the very first little sister you kidnap is VERY glitchy. She can get stuck in all sorts of places, although i had no problems.

I've played about 3 hours and it isn't as good as number one, but still it's an excellent game, 8/10 so far!

I also thought the first game was better ... until the game took an interesting twist 3/4 in.  You'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

I still think the overall story was better in the first BioShock, but BioShock 2 gave me a few very interesting surprised towards the end, I find it hard to say either is better than the other now.  I love them both for different reasons.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 05:28:44 AM »
BIOSHOCK 2 Single Player DLC

2K Games announced today Protector Trials, an all-new single-player focused downloadable game add-on for BioShock 2 that puts players back into the boots of the Big Daddy as he defends his Little Sister against swarms of corrupt Splicers who are hell-bent on stealing the precious ADAM that she gathers from corpses. Available starting August 3, 2010, this exciting and action-packed addition will challenge players to use the full arsenal of the BioShock 2 tool set as they dispatch their foes and unleash their wrath on enemies across six different areas from the single-player experience.

"The team at 2K Marin has been working hard ever since the launch of BioShock 2to develop ways for gamers to extend their time in the single-player world of Rapture," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "I'm proud to announce the first of these experiences, the Protector Trials, which takes players back to some of their favorite places from the original game and features some of the biggest challenges that fans of this series have ever experienced. This is just the beginning. More single-player content is on the way that will deliver more of the intense action and story-driven gameplay that fans have been craving."

Protector Trials is being developed by the core team behind BioShock 2's single-player experience. It contains a series of challenges focused on frantic combat and fast-paced action that are designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids. The goal is simple, but tough to achieve: players must keep their Little Sister safe from the intense onslaught of Splicers as she gathers ADAM from corpses.

The pack includes:

* Six new maps: three unique difficulty levels, each based on favorite locales from BioShock 2;
* New unlockables, including never-before-seen concept art and videos;
* Seven new Achievements.

Protector Trials will be available starting August 3, 2010 for 400 Microsoft Points.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2010, 05:47:05 AM »
as soon as i have finished my first play through's of red dead and battlefield BC2 i am gonna start bioshock. Then i am gonna buy bioshock 2. Then i will get the dlc for it  :)

Offline Jurassic Parky

• XBL: Jurassic Parky
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 05:49:20 AM »
Borrowed it off my mate, might have a crack at it this weekend. Is the multiplayer any good?

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 05:50:41 AM »
Borrowed it off my mate, might have a crack at it this weekend. Is the multiplayer any good?

yeh it's pretty good a bit hectic and you tend to get murdered by people with better perks, but isn't that every game nowadays.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 04:35:09 AM »

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads