Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3  (Read 10883 times)

Offline Maibs

• Time Zone: GMT
  • PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »
Gotta love all the knobs on metacritic down-rating MW3 even tho they havent played/own it.

MetaScore - 90/100
UserScore - 2.5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

Offline MacheteMable

• PSN: MacheteMable
  • Steam: MacheteMable
  • XBL: Machete Mable
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »
Gotta love all the knobs on metacritic down-rating MW3 even tho they havent played/own it.

MetaScore - 90/100
UserScore - 2.5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

that always happens lol. I however so far don't really agree with the 90/100. I think 80 - 85/100 would be a more suiting score for the game.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:56 AM »
Had one go this morning, 3 kills, 2 assists, 15 deaths... I suck... think I'll stick to the single player to begin with, which hopefully won't be as bad as last year's offering!

I'm hearing good things about the SP (better than MW2).

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
In fairness a lot of purchasers are slating the rehash, and the lack of effort put in. The gulf between the media and users is enormous. The user ratings weigh in at 4:1 negative on xbox. This is what happens when you pay critics to bump that score and when you sell based on name alone. Look at the media that gave it 80/75 much more realistic. 100 is insane. I don't think a 0 is right either, but cod fans played that game with BF. Now they're crying outrage and that it is BF fanboys marking it down. Or even a ploy by EA!. Where are all the Cod fans to counter the negatives, I'll tell you were they are , they are on giving their scores, they are the ones going with a 0/1 or a 10. From rehash to dinky maps (what happened to the promised bigger maps?). Even the beloved sixty fps is not living up to it's hype.

This was coming, look at the effort that went into titles from Gears to Skyrim to Portal to red dead to Dark Souls  to BF, their scores are far more balanced for a reason. You don't need to change everything in a franchise but using the same engine since 2005? there's no valid reason for that except laziness. And that laziness has received a backlash.

For a long time gaming journalism has been down the swanny, we all know that but the difference this time is that the gulf is just too wide now and does not add up. The hording masses are sucked into this franchise as if it's a hypnotic whirlwind. I hope that at least now Activision will realise that effort needs to be made, and to be honest cod 2 and 4 were fantastic. The franchise deserves better, the fans deserve more than a MW 2 dlc for their money, and the industry deserves more from it's industry leader.

Gamer first, fanboy second!!
Sorry for any crap grammar, half of the buttons on this laptop don't work!
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »
I highly doubt Activision care about Metacritic scores and the backlash on there is about as fake as Jenna Jameson's face!   ;D

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
I played it a bit last night in SP mode.  It's pretty challenging and pretty fun.  I immediatley went to play online, got a notice that it is highly recommended to play campaign first!

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
I tried campaign on Battlefield 3 last night for 15 minutes (on Easy) and found it annoying (still don't like the graphics) and played MW3 campaign for 15 minutes this morning (on easy) and didn't want to stop. This has surprised me enormously. I wasn't even going to buy MW3 but was so disappointed with BF3 (which i was looking forward to) that I thought what the hell. Maybe it's all down to expectations. I expected Battlefield 3 to be a really enjoyable multiplayer and single player game and have been hugely diasppointed whereas MW3 has surpassed (so far) my lowish expectations. Oh well, I'm sure once I've completed the campaign on MW3 myr crapness at multiplayer will send me back to Battlefield.

At the end of the day though, they both suck compared to Gears Of War 3  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
I hope that at least now Activision will realise that effort needs to be made,

Do you really believe Activision are concerned about media scores? Activision and CoD is all about the Kerching£$, And while the franchise continues to be the best selling game every year they are not going to change a thing, Don't get me wrong I'm no great fan of CoD, I probably would not have brought it if my Gears had not screwed up.
 Everyone knows by know what they are getting with a CoD game, To complain about it's context is like complaining there is no meat in your veggie burger! ;) ;D

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Wow, for the first time in 3 year I've had a positive kill death ratio in a game of COD multiplayer :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:45:56 AM by Jaynestown »

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2011, 07:30:21 AM »
Modern Warfare 3 Tops 9.3m First Day
Biggest Industry Launch Ever!

'When will this franchise peak?' Many asked this after last year's Black Ops defied all odds and outsold a Modern Warfare Call of Duty game (the very reason the series is so big today); a brand within itself. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that Call of Duty has yet again broken industry records, but it's by how much that makes it staggering.

A reported 1.5 million people queued at midnight globally to get their hands on Modern Warfare 3, with a total of 9.3 million copies sold on the first day. The Xbox 360 version sees around a 54% share, meaning it's the first game on one platform to pass 5 million on its first day. The PlayStation 3 version held 42%, which is around the 4 million mark. Both day ones are only slightly behind Black Ops entire first week sales. The PC version and the Wii version held the remaining 4%, which is around 370,000 units.

As a whole, Modern Warfare 3 is up 33% over Black Ops' first day sales, and a whopping 55% up on the previous Modern Warfare. the US and the UK combined account for 7 million, which is just over 75%.

Early data suggests first week sales are on course for around 12 to 13.5 million. With just over 87 million Call of Duty games already sold on home consoles and PC this generation, by the end of this week the Call of Duty franchise will have sold over 100 million games this generation.

Them's crazy numbers and also a big reason as to why Activision won't care about silly user scores on ratings websites!  ;)

Offline Maibs

• PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic.

"I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."

Modern Warfare 3 is attracting a torrent of user scores of zero across all three platforms. The current user score (out of 10) is 2.7 on Xbox 360, 2.0 on PS3 and 1.5 on PC.

Source: IGN

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »
I'll happily give it a high score, I'm really enjoying it, unlike another FPS I could mention!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
The graphics are aweful on it though, like somethiing off the PS2.

i'm off to give it a 0.

The games pretty fun to play, but i'm glad i didn't buy it, i learnt from last year.

EDIT: I've just sat on Metacritic and in 5 mins there's been 50 Negative votes
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:40:31 AM by Failed »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »
How can they expect any right minded gamer to give this a positive, by asking the internet to give it a good score, half of them will just go give it 0 for them asking. They should have just let it slide. It's not like millions didn't buy into the hype.

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »
I'll happily give it a high score, I'm really enjoying it, unlike another FPS I could mention!

I'm sadly enjoying both. But will have to trade in one of them to be able to afford MORE games! I'll probably trade in BF3 for now, but realistically I know full well I'll buy it again for the online play next year sometime.

So tempted to suck it up and keep both, really.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads