Author Topic: The Walking Dead (TV)  (Read 16863 times)

Offline MacheteMable

• PSN: MacheteMable
  • Steam: MacheteMable
  • XBL: Machete Mable
Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2011, 12:38:31 AM »
Wow...I did not expect that ending. :o
Ya no sh*t! My girlfriend and i's jaws just dropped. Pretty sure if someone was standing under us our jaws would've knocked them out.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »
Wow...I did not expect that ending. :o

Was a quality ending, didn't see it coming either, despite the reduced budget, Season 2 has been great so far.

Just found this on tv.com

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
Stat-recording for TV & movie content cracks me up.

There was this great Christian website (might still exist) where they have detailed records of how many F-words and nipples appear in various things.  It was meant to be like a warning for parents, but ended up being used by teenagers to decide what movie to rent.   :D

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2011, 11:51:04 AM »
I admit to having enjoyed the mid-season finale, obvious though it was.

You know what I really hate about Walking Dead? It isn't so much the show, where if anything I'm just sort of disappointed by all the missed opportunities of zombie greatness. What I hate is how, in any watercooler conversation I hear about this show, if any one of the people involved say that they aren't really digging the show, one of the other jerks in the group will say the exact same thing every time without fail. They will say, and I quote: "It's a show about the people, not about the zombies".

... Wow! Really? You totally blew my mind! Because obviously I just want a stupid show where people get eaten by zombies, and anything involving dialogue is far too sophisticated for me to grasp. The worst part is that you just know that the phrase "it's a show about the people" was invented by some marketing agency involved with the show. I guarantee you that if you go back to the press buzz leading up to the first season, every article and every interview with every actor and writer involved in this thing featured the phrase "it's a show about the people, not about zombies". They spouted this nonsense off at every opportunity, and in time it seeped into the public subconscious enough to be the first thing anybody thinks about when they discuss this damned show. The Walking Dead has become the By Mennen of our time!

I want to slap the hell out of people when I hear that "it's a show about the people" line.
Your mom!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
I admit to having enjoyed the mid-season finale, obvious though it was.

You know what I really hate about Walking Dead? It isn't so much the show, where if anything I'm just sort of disappointed by all the missed opportunities of zombie greatness. What I hate is how, in any watercooler conversation I hear about this show, if any one of the people involved say that they aren't really digging the show, one of the other jerks in the group will say the exact same thing every time without fail. They will say, and I quote: "It's a show about the people, not about the zombies".

... Wow! Really? You totally blew my mind! Because obviously I just want a stupid show where people get eaten by zombies, and anything involving dialogue is far too sophisticated for me to grasp. The worst part is that you just know that the phrase "it's a show about the people" was invented by some marketing agency involved with the show. I guarantee you that if you go back to the press buzz leading up to the first season, every article and every interview with every actor and writer involved in this thing featured the phrase "it's a show about the people, not about zombies". They spouted this nonsense off at every opportunity, and in time it seeped into the public subconscious enough to be the first thing anybody thinks about when they discuss this damned show. The Walking Dead has become the By Mennen of our time!

I want to slap the hell out of people when I hear that "it's a show about the people" line.

Go right ahead mate, i'll be front and centre cheering you on!   :)

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »
Wow, wouldn't THAT be a scorcher: A Zombie TV show that's set about  the (after)life of a single zombie.

Pilot Episode: Exciting, outbreak happens, character fleshed out, given depth and intricacies and.. is then eaten. Becomes a zombie.

Episode 2: Zombie eats a man.
Episode 3: Zombie eats a woman.
Episode 4: ....

I see great things for this. ;D

That aside, I really agree - I feel the series has amazing, spectacular moments - but a lot of filler that could have been taken much further. The mid-series finale was a very good watch and I'm excited to see where it goes next, but they're going to need to add something for it to be worth a third season surely. Still, it's nice having a people-centric rather than action-heavy series that's still aimed at this genre.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2011, 01:49:04 PM »
It kind of reminds me of Dragonball Z.

Episode 1: The world is going to explode in 5 minutes... Episode 28: The world just exploded! Next time on Dragonball Z: The world is still exploding, and probably will be for the next ten episodes.
Your mom!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
It kind of reminds me of Dragonball Z.

Episode 1: The world is going to explode in 5 minutes... Episode 28: The world just exploded! Next time on Dragonball Z: The world is still exploding, and probably will be for the next ten episodes.

ha

Back in the day some of my friends were huge DBZ fans, but I never watched it until we ended up getting snowed in at one of their houses all weekend.  With nowhere to run, they had me cornered.

There was one episode where we actually used a stopwatch to time how long the episode was minus the dozen "Previously on ...", "Next time one ...", and repeated flashbacks of the same scene.  It came to just over 6 minutes.

Offline PoisonIvy

• PuT YoUr BiTcH FaCe On
    • Time Zone: GMT +08
  • Last.fm: zXmystiqueXz
  • XBL: zXMystiqueXz
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »
i just now started getting into the walking dead i heard alot of ppl talking about it and i wanted to see what it was about and i have to say i love it so far but i havnt watched season 2 yet so once i can watch that ill let yall know what i think of it :)

I am strong because I've been weak. I am beautiful because I know my flaws. I am wise because I have been foolish & I can laugh because I have known sadness.

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
i just now started getting into the walking dead i heard alot of ppl talking about it and i wanted to see what it was about and i have to say i love it so far but i havnt watched season 2 yet so once i can watch that ill let yall know what i think of it :)

It's delicious. Looking forward to the end of season 2 whenever it starts up again!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »
It's delicious. Looking forward to the end of season 2 whenever it starts up again!

It starts again February 12th and we've got 6 episodes left.   :)
Season 3 should hopefully start in October.

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »

Sweet! I keep expecting to hear "NO SEASON 3" like every other thing I've gotten into recently. I'm noticing a big trend for US shows to stop at around 10-12 episode seasons, sort of like ours often do (Doctor Who, for instance) - can't decide if that's good. So long as it keeps them constant I'm happy.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »

Sweet! I keep expecting to hear "NO SEASON 3" like every other thing I've gotten into recently. I'm noticing a big trend for US shows to stop at around 10-12 episode seasons, sort of like ours often do (Doctor Who, for instance) - can't decide if that's good. So long as it keeps them constant I'm happy.

Season 3 has already been greenlit so you're safe!  :)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
So far Season 3 is shaping up much better than Season 2.

Offline HurricanE 184

• PSN: HurricanE_184
  • XBL: HurricanE 184
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:52 PM »
So far Season 3 is shaping up much better than Season 2.

Its still season 2 just the second half.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads