Author Topic: Slim 4gb and downloads  (Read 789 times)

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
Slim 4gb and downloads
« on: November 21, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
Are there limitations to what can be downloaded to the console memory of the 4gb model?

Wondering if I would be able to download the Resurection map pack for my son, to the console memory.  I believe there is 2.9 GB space.

Any ideas before I commit?

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Slim 4gb and downloads
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 07:23:19 AM »
unsure, should be possible though if you have the space

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:29:33 AM »
What Failed said, you should be able to download anything as long as you have the space.

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:51:38 AM »
ok, He has the space for the 1.2 GB download, just didn't know if that expands in an install or how the DLC works.  I'll find out this evening.

Decided to get him a 250GB hard drive off Amazon, had them for 90 bucks.  But it won't be here before I do the download.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
Keep in mind that a 4GB HDD doesn't mean you actually have 4GB of storage space.  Some of it is probably being used for system files.  Check your console's system storage info to see exactly how much free HDD space is available.

Also, worst case scenario, you buy the map pack but don't have room to download it ... you can always download it after your new 250HDD arrives at no charge.  Just pull up the map pack from your account's purchase history and select to download it again.

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »
True dat! I had checked and I believe there is 2.9 GB of space on the console, I also believe that is pretty much what it waid since new. Not much added to it other than a 3mn profile and a few game saves.

It did end up downloading the map pack, and it shows up as complete.  He'll find out tonight if it works out alright.

I was trying to utilize the console license and user license but did'nt put enough thought in to it.  I have a 250GB slim that I take to my dad's when the boys go with me, I have the console license for the map pack on this unit.  I should have put the console license on MY xbox, considering my son will most likley be logged in to the other one whenever they are using it.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads