Author Topic: Xbox.com Banned Forum  (Read 1961 times)

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
Xbox.com Banned Forum
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »
I don't know why, but it fascinates me to read all the suspended account posts on the xbox forum.

I notice a lot of 'dads' on there saying their son's account was suspended for no reason, then a reason is given.  One guy even claimed his son's account must have been hacked like those accounts that were hacked on the PS3.

Maybe it's just reading someones misery makes me feel a bit better (kind of sinester?), or perhaps it's just amusing to think people actually believe they can convince someone that has direct access to their every move on xbox, doesn't really know what's going on.

Anyone have kids that they've talked to about abusing the hacks and stuff available? I used to restrict my oldest son's friends requests, but have since allowed him to accept who he sees fit.  I've told him about account suspension and not to use hacks (I have no idea how they work, don't care).

I did read a comment claiming that their son was in a game and that someone activated a hack for everyone in that particular clan.  Is it possible to be in a game and have a hack implimented for you without you being aware of it?  I noticed most were coming from the COD WaW game, which we have, but only on the PS3.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Xbox.com Banned Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
I don't know why, but it fascinates me to read all the suspended account posts on the xbox forum.

You're not alone.  Check out http://whywasibanned.com/   :D

I did read a comment claiming that their son was in a game and that someone activated a hack for everyone in that particular clan.  Is it possible to be in a game and have a hack implimented for you without you being aware of it?  I noticed most were coming from the COD WaW game, which we have, but only on the PS3.

In the Modern Warfare (and possibly other Call of Duty) games, a game host can use a corrupted 'patch' which exploits things you see on Youtube, like superfast running, infinite ammo, etc.  If you join a game hosted by one of these "modders", the corrupted patch will be stored on your console and continue to modify future games you play until you remove the corrupted patch by clearing your cache.

Keep in mind that this is an old exploit, and may have been remedied by now.  I don't play Modern Warfare online, so I only know what I've learned 2nd-handed.

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »
that's some good stuff! ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
excellent to see humour from the PET's - must brighten up a depressing job.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »
lulz! i likey

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »
Somehow, I feel it's unavoidable.  :-\

Eventually....

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
It's unfortunate that you can be ''infected'' so to speak by another's patch/hack. If people are playing p2p matches on something like Cod why not keep them separate, let them hack but out of ranked and official servers via blacklist. I agree with MS tbh on this but in the case of singleplayer titles where Mods can enhance the experience the line is too tight. The only two valid reasons for not allowing Modded player content is 1. to keep an interest for dlc and hence $$$$ and 2. Player mods are untested and like patches can lead to problems. A proper manifesto between MS and developers to allow them to include superior in.game editors would be nice to see. However it's not likely to happen anytime soon in the same way MS caused every mmorpg in development to be canned or shelved. And so to the present where the shooter, be it third or first person is dominant.

Mind you FFXIII attained sales of 5.55 million, so there's some hope, we need a mix in gaming otherwise everything gets stale. Do we need the Kinect titles that have us slicing fruit? maybe, but it's hardly inspiring when one of the biggest genres is blocked time after time while we get gently pushed more and more towards the casual market.

MMORPG'S hold a huge share  of the gaming world: Wow, Starcraft 2, Eve Online, and the many many Korean developed games that are free to play but with micro transactions, and then followed by social networking (yes I know I hate them too!!).

It's how microsoft work, would you rather have the security of xbox live or the mess that happened on Psn? Pc's on the other hand are more susceptiple to virus and corruption etc etc so while I may give out about MS's logic sometimes, I'll happily put up with there policy if it keeps on providing titles like Gears 3 with it's excellent quality and netcode but we need user content too at some point!

Eh what was the original topic about!<<sheesh!
Wow way off topic there, but XBLA titles are getting better all the time!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:43:07 PM by Windedprism »
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:30 AM »
To summarize ...

Windy likes turtles.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
Eh yeah , whats wrong with turtles!!! kinda ranted there!!!
(click to show/hide)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:34 AM »
Eh yeah , whats wrong with turtles!!!

Turtles have a wild streak!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_4R-CaHWc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_4R-CaHWc</a>

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
It's unfortunate that you can be ''infected'' so to speak by another's patch/hack. If people are playing p2p matches on something like Cod why not keep them separate, let them hack but out of ranked and official servers via blacklist. I agree with MS tbh on this but in the case of singleplayer titles where Mods can enhance the experience the line is too tight. The only two valid reasons for not allowing Modded player content is 1. to keep an interest for dlc and hence $$$$ and 2. Player mods are untested and like patches can lead to problems. A proper manifesto between MS and developers to allow them to include superior in.game editors would be nice to see. However it's not likely to happen anytime soon in the same way MS caused every mmorpg in development to be canned or shelved. And so to the present where the shooter, be it third or first person is dominant.

Mind you FFXIII attained sales of 5.55 million, so there's some hope, we need a mix in gaming otherwise everything gets stale. Do we need the Kinect titles that have us slicing fruit? maybe, but it's hardly inspiring when one of the biggest genres is blocked time after time while we get gently pushed more and more towards the casual market.

MMORPG'S hold a huge share  of the gaming world: Wow, Starcraft 2, Eve Online, and the many many Korean developed games that are free to play but with micro transactions, and then followed by social networking (yes I know I hate them too!!).

It's how microsoft work, would you rather have the security of xbox live or the mess that happened on Psn? Pc's on the other hand are more susceptiple to virus and corruption etc etc so while I may give out about MS's logic sometimes, I'll happily put up with there policy if it keeps on providing titles like Gears 3 with it's excellent quality and netcode but we need user content too at some point!

Eh what was the original topic about!<<sheesh!
Wow way off topic there, but XBLA titles are getting better all the time!

How the hell did I get from banned for hacking/infection/mod to apparently the state of gaming!!!!
I swear I don't smoke anything but cigs!
Funny reading this back, makes sense but it's hardly on topic!!!!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »
it's hardly a crime to go offtopic on this forum, infact it's possitively encouraged you get cookies

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »
lol true.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads