Linked Events

• Aliens: Colonial Marines: February 12, 2013

Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 10177 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Aliens: Colonial Marines
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »
Gearbox: "We're working hard" on Aliens

Gearbox Software has given a rare update on the status of Aliens: Colonial Marines, assuring fans that the shooter is still in development and promising "great things afoot".

Speaking in an interview with CVG, Gearbox supremo Randy Pitchford revealed that even he is finding it challenging to remain patient for the shooter.

"I know that there hasn't been much talk about what we're doing for awhile and that more details would be very juicy. Like so many people, I've been patient for years to finally be able to play this game and now that I'm actually involved in the creation of it I can tell you that it's extremely challenging to continue to be patient as it develops," he told us.

"I want to tell all! But I can't. But I can say that we are working hard and that there are great things afoot and I know that when the time is right, Sega will be excited to share more details about the game. Until that time, I guess the only thing anyone can do is just keep pressuring Gearbox and Sega to spill more beans. Maybe one of us will eventually crack."

There had been concern over the project after rumours circulated that it'd been canned, and Sega confirmed the FPS wouldn't arrive before AvP in "early 2010". Pitchford assures fans there's nothing to worry about.

"I love Aliens and I love Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines. I am extremely committed to the game and I'm very confident in Sega's commitment to the Aliens brand and to our game.

"I can imagine that there are a LOT of Aliens fans out there just like me that feel we've been waiting for our true Aliens game since we first saw the film and now that we know it's in development, we want it NOW!"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:30:31 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 08:04:10 AM »
AVP to impact Colonial Marines timing

SEGA president Mike Hayes has said that the launch of Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines probably won't be scheduled until 6-12 months after Aliens vs. Predator launches in February 2010.

Although he admitted it was early to be discussing Colonial Marines, Hayes told G4 that "it's unlikely that we'd launch anything within six months, but probably nine months, eight to 12 months possibly".

A lot also depends on how well AVP, currently in development at Rebellion, fares at retail, according to the SEGA exec. This would then help determine timing for Colonial Marines and the third of the licensed games SEGA plans to produce.

Hayes also committed to that third game, despite the cancellation of the Aliens RPG originally in development at Alpha Protocol studio Obsidian Entertainment.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 07:40:05 AM »
This is the other game I'm really looking forward to. It's been in my Amazon wish list for 9 months already!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:40:23 PM »
AVP to impact Colonial Marines timing

SEGA president Mike Hayes has said that the launch of Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines probably won't be scheduled until 6-12 months after Aliens vs. Predator launches in February 2010.

Although he admitted it was early to be discussing Colonial Marines, Hayes told G4 that "it's unlikely that we'd launch anything within six months, but probably nine months, eight to 12 months possibly".

A lot also depends on how well AVP, currently in development at Rebellion, fares at retail, according to the SEGA exec. This would then help determine timing for Colonial Marines and the third of the licensed games SEGA plans to produce.

Hayes also committed to that third game, despite the cancellation of the Aliens RPG originally in development at Alpha Protocol studio Obsidian Entertainment.

sounds like another alan wake if you ask me

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:18:50 AM »
Now It's Aliens: Colonial Marines' Time To Shine

It's been a long, long time since we saw (or heard) anything meaningful from Gearbox about their promising shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines. So you'll be happy to know that, with Borderlands out of the way, it's good to go.

Gearbox's Randy Pitchford has told MCV that "It's the thing I've been stealing from all my career. Now I'm really working on it, but we've been quiet about that so far".

Pitchford says that despite first revealing the game nearly three years ago, work on the developer's surprising hit Borderlands (and its subsequent downloadable content) "took over" the studio, meaning the team has only recently been able to get back to Aliens.

After the Marines were such a lacklustre part of Rebellion's AvP, it'll be interesting to see what Gearbox can do with an entire game built around the universe's most well-armed alien food group.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »
I don't have a ton of faith in Gearbox's abilities (and only partly because Randy Pitchford is such an ass).
Your mom!

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
I'd like tot hink this might be THE Aliens game. AVP is ok but I haven't really been able to get my teeth in to it, the atmospherics are very good but the game just lacks something.

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Symmo

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
I'd like tot hink this might be THE Aliens game. AVP is ok but I haven't really been able to get my teeth in to it, the atmospherics are very good but the game just lacks something.

A credible story-line.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 04:01:29 AM »

A credible story-line.

Oh yeh, that's what it is!!! ;)

Offline Symmo

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »
Anyone remember the original Alien game on the Sega Saturn?

I was about 7 when I played it but it was better than AVP.

Astrex

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
Ahhh sega saturn, what a classic, I remember that! was very good and addictive I remember the sore thumbs  :D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
Anyone remember the original Alien game on the Sega Saturn?

I was about 7 when I played it but it was better than AVP.

I played AvP on the Atari Jaguar.  That's pretty much my earliest experience with the franchise.

... Well that and Xenophobe.   ;)

Offline Symmo

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
I remember a really bad animation when you let one of those spider-hand feckers get you.

Looked like someone threw spag bol in your face.

Offline Symmo

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOa8QG1G7QQ

go to about 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:10:27 AM »
I remember a really bad animation when you let one of those spider-hand feckers get you.

Looked like someone threw spag bol in your face.

It's called a facehugger!!!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads