Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 17445 times)

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
Re: Grand Theft Auto V
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
nah, there's loads of mileage in ripping the piss out of the aussies.  Do GTA V down under...would be legendary.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
nah, there's loads of mileage in ripping the piss out of the aussies.  Do GTA V down under...would be legendary.

would be boring travelling for 3 hours just to see your neighbour though :P

Astrex

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 03:45:28 AM »
Fosters = Australian for Piss!  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 08:05:51 AM »
Rockstar definitely researching Hollywood

Eurogamer has learned from an independent source that Rockstar is ramping up research on locations around Hollywood.

Earlier today we heard that Tinseltown could well be the setting for Grand Theft Auto V.

Our source could not say whether the research was specific to the GTA series.

Game maker Rockstar told Eurogamer it doesn't comment on "rumour or speculation".

Watford would be a better setting, obviously.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 05:31:40 AM »
Grand Theft Auto 5 release in 2012 - analyst
Bioshock: Infinite to provide competition

Grand Theft Auto V will release in Take Two's 2012 fiscal year, which runs from April 2012 to March 2013, according to analysts.

Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey said that his prediction is "likely" and put sales figures of 16 million plus in terms of copies and over $750 million when it comes to the green stuff.

He's also predicted that the same period will see the release of Bioshock: Infinite, but doesn't see the sky-based title doing nearly the same numbers as GTA.

He estimates Infinite will sell over 4 million copies and generate $182 million in sales.

As far as Take-Two's next fiscal year is concerned, Hickey is expecting the release of L.A Noire and Max Payne 3, which will tide the company over.

Max Payne 3 was delayed until 2011 in June and we're just starting to get the first real details of L.A Noire.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »
Just wanted to point out how hardcore Crak is at finding his year+ old posts.  lol

Crak is awesome.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »
that's ninja, i would have just started a new thread, infact i thought this was a new thread and this was all new.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
When will GTA 5 arrive?
Conflicting info still points to 2012 release

Despite the news circulating on the web over the last few days, our sources whisper to us that many have it wrong and there likely will not be a Grand Theft Auto 5 release in 2011. While some speculate that it will be released yet this year, it apparently does not seem that this is going to happen despite the fact that it has been three years since the last major release in the franchise.

While Rockstar did release two major content additions for GTA IV, the company has been very quiet about the future of the franchise, other than sort of admitting that a new installment is in development. The major reason for speculation that a holiday release this year is the goal is due to the fact that contracts of some key personnel responsible for the GTA franchise expire in January 2012, and it would be favorable to their negotiating position to deliver GTA 5 before their contracts end.

Some of our sources say that the lack of any information about Max Payne 3 might also be a clue that resources are being directed toward the development of GTA 5. This seems to agree with what industry analyst, Michael Pachter, believes is the case.

In any event, all seem to be in agreement that we will likely hear about GTA 5 in June at E3 when Rockstar is expected to make an announcement. Still, you never know what the future might hold; but rest assured our crystal ball says that we will see another release in the Grand Theft Auto franchise at some point very early next year.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 06:12:41 AM »
Grand Theft Auto V cast leaked?

Grand Theft Auto V may be codenamed Rush, according to a Hollywood casting call - and these may be some of the game's star characters.

They were picked out by search engine sleuth Superannuation on Twitter.

The character descriptions reveal a modern day Los Angeles and a rag-tag bunch of personalities befitting of a Grand Theft Auto experience.

Note that the main character isn't detailed. Or is he/she?

"Noticed that call mentions two characters not listed in the call: Simon & Albert de Silva. Could one of those be the main character?" tweeted Superannuation.

"It makes sense that the main character would be cast separately, no?"

Simon lives near and terrifies Nervous Jerry, and Albert de Silva is the father of Kevin, "a fat, FPS playing gamer" that smokes "a lot" of weed.

Is the hero a father?

There's a slim possibility that this could be a casting call for Rockstar's other MIA PS3 exclusive Agent - slim until you read that Agent is a game about 1970s Cold War spies, not "soccer mums".

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 10:48:06 AM »
Note that the main character isn't detailed. Or is he/she?

I seriously doubt it will happen, but how great would it be to have a female lead in GTA?  A tough-as-nails Michelle Rodriguez character?

I would totally play that.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »
Rockstar has duped me again and again with their hype machine games. Not this time, says I!

No GTA V for me...

Unless Michelle Rodriguez plays the main character... Or Milla Jovavich... Or Kate Beckinsale...

Or if they make this official DLC:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmG8nO0-IhI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmG8nO0-IhI</a>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:02:28 PM by Handshakes »
Your mom!

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »
Rockstar has duped me again and again with their hype machine games. Not this time, says I!

No GTA V for me...

Unless Michelle Rodriguez plays the main character... Or Milla Jovavich... Or Kate Beckinsale...

Or if they make this official DLC:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmG8nO0-IhI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmG8nO0-IhI</a>

That would-be-the-crazy-good!  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 05:42:19 AM »
Grand Theft Auto V evidence continues to mount
Casting call uncovered; E3 announcement on the way?

Surely a Grand Theft Auto V announcement is almost upon us.

With a multitude of GTA V styled web domains uncovered last month - and more just last week - and an actor and comedian seemingly outing the title over Twitter, the sense of an impending announcement has been strong for some time.

But a call for actors by Take-Two surely puts the idea that Grand Theft Auto V is now underway beyond doubt, especially since the character descriptions have a distinctively GTA flavour.

Two out of the five characters in Take-Two's casting call are described as "a liberal young male who believes in a conspiracy made by republicans to undermine America" and "a young female obsessed with sex parties, always dreaming of being a Hollywood celebrity."

Also in the line-up is "a white creepy man who thinks that technology is a poison against the wilderness and "a man-boy love activist who just got released from an Indonesian prison."

Finally Take Two is also looking for someone in the 10-15-year-old bracket to play "a young, fast-talking boy fighting for the right of young boys to drink alcohol and have sex."

Sounds like GTA to us. It's also interesting to note that each listing requires a profile photo, suggesting that the actor's appearance will affect their chances despite the likelihood of this being voice over work.

Can we take that to suggest that the next GTA could use L.A Noire's MotionScan tech where the actor's face is reproduced almost perfectly?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE

Offline mackem73

• Steam: mackem73
  • XBL: mackem73
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
wohooooo!!! finally.

This is my game and already can't wait to play the newest installment.
I know I'm a big kid  #)
The Quinny magic carpet ride may have landed but the Red Flag will keep on flying high.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads