Author Topic: Microsoft announces Xbox Live for mobile phones  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Microsoft announces Xbox Live for mobile phones
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 01:55:21 PM »
n1 sambo, good to hear news about this i thought they had given up. Can't wait for the achievo bloop-bleep on the bus.

edit: i called sambo, quinty. i think there avatars are the same >_<

Astrex

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »
Wow I am so glad to hear that about Halo, I am not even jokin I almost brought my Iphone 4 yesterday now I am def waiting for this windows mobile  ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »
Microsoft Game Studios is setting up a dedicated phone developer, working on games that will - among other things - bring existing franchises like Halo to mobile, and connect to Xbox Live.

The news comes from a job ad we spotted this morning, and follows the reveal of Windows Phone 7 earlier this year.
"Microsoft Games Studios is establishing a new studio - MGS Mobile - focused on bringing games and entertainment to the mobile life that people lead," says the ad, which seeks a Producer to lead development of "new first-party groundbreaking mobile title(s) for the Windows Phone 7."

It also says that the news studio "will be the hub for MGS franchises and titles on mobile devices." So it's conceivable that we could see a Halo, Fable or Forza game on mobile - a vision first expressed by Bill Gates back at E3 2006.

The clumsily-named Windows Phone 7, which we saw at E3, connects to Xbox Live to show you your Avatar and Gamercard, and Microsoft confirmed that it would be developing games that could be played across phone, PC and Xbox Live Arcade. Which is where the new studio comes in.

One to watch, anyway - Microsoft's keen on getting a bigger piece of the smartphone market, currently dominated by Apple and RIM's Blackberry, and gaming is something it's already good at.

Just give me some Tetris, Blackjack, etc. (games I typically play on my phone) with achievments, and I am a happy camper!   ;D

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
Wow I am so glad to hear that about Halo, I am not even jokin I almost brought my Iphone 4 yesterday now I am def waiting for this windows mobile  ;D
and a reception ;)
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Astrex

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
and a reception ;)

My sister and my mum both have Iphone4, I can't repeat the fault so wether it's with certain phones I don't know...

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »
An old thread I know but cba starting a new one.

Bored of my HTC now and want a new phone so just wondering what people opinions were on these?  I know Rex and Red have and love them but has anyone else got one or played about on one?

Apart from the XBL compatibility how do they fair against the Andriod and iphones?

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
I'm overdue for a new phone, and already decided to pick up a WP7.  I just haven't had the time to decide which model, and actually go to the store and get one.

I need a vacation just to take care of my own personal errands.   :-\

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads