Author Topic: Kinect Discussion  (Read 53501 times)

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
Re: Natal Discussion
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »
I didnt mind the eyetoy

We're talking about the PS3 eyetoy, btw....  ;)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
I didnt mind the eyetoy

We're talking about the PS3 eyetoy, btw....  ;)

I want that creepy little eyetoy pet alien thing.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »

I want that creepy little eyetoy pet alien thing RAN OVER.

i agree

Astrex

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2010, 03:35:31 AM »

I want that creepy little eyetoy pet alien thing RAN OVER.

i agree

Well it was created by Sony so it should burn in hell, but it is cute  :-[

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »
I was talking about the PS2 eyetoy :-\
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
Molyneux: Natal is bigger step than Move

Peter Molyneux has told Eurogamer that he doesn't think PlayStation Move is the same kind of step forward as Microsoft's Project Natal, but admits he fancies a crack on Sony's new magic wand controller.

"I have seen some of it. We're not really surprised, are we? I mean at E3 last year we saw they were having a wand, and that's kind of what I expected. It looks like they've taken a step forward but it's not as big a step as something like Natal, I don't think," Molyneux told us in an interview at GDC.

"This is purely me talking personally, but I think maybe it's slightly more a device for the core than it is for the casual market, because I think it's quite precise.

"As a designer it's another one of those things I'd love to get my hands on and to play around with. As a consumer, everyone's talking about motion control now - I mean, I'm starting to get confused. It's kind of like the arms race, with the Wii MotionPlus and now the Sony Move and now I'm getting kind of confused."

Asked what he thinks of Move relative to Natal, Molyneux said it was "down to what us poor old designers do with this stuff, because all these guys do is make the hardware".

"Whether we utilise that hardware in a real way or whether we just take shortcuts, that's really going to be where we succeed or not."

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2010, 09:25:14 AM »
That may be the most sensible thing I've ever seen Molyneux say.  Not one mention of his supernatural ability to sh*t gold bricks.   ;)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »
That may be the most sensible thing I've ever seen Molyneux say.  Not one mention of his supernatural ability to sh*t gold bricks.   ;)

Or his overwhelming ability of promising one thing then completely not delivering on said promise, he's amazing at that  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
Aaron Greenberg responds to PS3 Move
'Controller-free experiences are the future' says MS exec

Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg has responded to the announcement of Sony's PS3 Move - saying that "controller-free experiences are the future of gaming".

Praising the innovation of Project Natal - buy coyly failing to directly mention PS3 Move - Greenberg added that Natal will "transform" entertainment in the home.

When TheBitBag asked Greenberg what he made of Move, he said:

"Xbox 360 has a strong history of innovation. Halo, Xbox Live and instant-on 1080p HD. With each of these, we had our sights set on the future - and it paid off for us, the industry and Xbox 360 owners. We are doing it again with Project Natal on Xbox 360. We believe controller-free experiences are the future of gaming and entertainment.

"Only Project Natal makes YOU the controller, putting you in the middle of the action and in complete control. Jump and your Avatar jumps. Speak and characters respond. Combined with Xbox Live, Project Natal will transform how you connect with your friends, family and entertainment - as only Xbox 360 can do."

Yeah because limiting games by what a camera can do is totally gaming's future, am I the only one getting increasingly annoyed at how stupid and arrogant Microsofts PR is?

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2010, 12:58:04 PM »
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but if I were in to hunting games, I'm need something in my hands, I don't normal hunt deer with thin air, nor do I drive a car without touching something, even if it's just the wheel touching my knee. Will it pick that up?

I could see it being very cool for activities that normally don't involve some sort of peripheral, like miming.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »
... miming.

I think Racer just stumbled upon Natal's best selling game.

Super Miming Adventure   :D

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2010, 05:27:59 AM »
Call of Duty: World of Mimes

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
Mimes Of War 3     ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2010, 06:02:55 AM »
Bleszinski favours Natal-like motion controls
Gears of War dev hopes to see hybrid games that use both motion and button controls

Epic's Cliff Bleszinski has said he finds motion controllers "very interesting" but favours those like Natal which don't rely on any hand-held controller.

"I find motion control to be very interesting, very compelling," he told IGN. "The ones that I personally like the most are the ones that are more natal-like; that don't have yet another plastic controller sitting underneath my coffee table cluttering everything up. That I can just fire it up and do very cool movements and have interesting results."

He continued: "As a side note, the kind of game that I think will be the most interesting will be something that's a hybrid."

"Maybe it's something where I'm playing the game with a controller and your significant other can sit there on the sofa and do gesture based things... So that you bring the hardcore and the casual together in a compelling fashion."

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
Bleszinski favours Natal-like motion controls
Gears of War dev hopes to see hybrid games that use both motion and button controls

Epic's Cliff Bleszinski has said he finds motion controllers "very interesting" but favours those like Natal which don't rely on any hand-held controller.

"I find motion control to be very interesting, very compelling," he told IGN. "The ones that I personally like the most are the ones that are more natal-like; that don't have yet another plastic controller sitting underneath my coffee table cluttering everything up. That I can just fire it up and do very cool movements and have interesting results."

He continued: "As a side note, the kind of game that I think will be the most interesting will be something that's a hybrid."

"Maybe it's something where I'm playing the game with a controller and your significant other can sit there on the sofa and do gesture based things... So that you bring the hardcore and the casual together in a compelling fashion."

That'd be cool, especially a sex based game ;D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads