Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2  (Read 7817 times)

Offline KoreRupt

• DJ ZeroCore - Hardcore Music.
Left 4 Dead 2
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:26:25 PM »
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:22:32 AM by nCogNeato »

Honour, Respect, Loyalty.

Offline KoreRupt

Re: Left For Dead Two
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
Plus after making it through a now on fire hotel I found not only did the game make me scared of the zombies that infested the game but I was generally scared of the environment too.. mainly the fire raging out of control and the claustrophobic smoke cluttering my screen making me feel like I was in a state of panic, but.. this is not a bad thing.. it increases the euphoria you get from clearing a room fast of those meat munchers.

This isnt just native to the first campaign either.. theres things throughout the others that do the same but I wont tell you what you will have to experience them for yourself!  ANd feel the "panic factor" :D

Getting through a couple of levels really did show off the new infected and their major impact on the game.  The spitter with her acid patch making where ever she spits a no-go zone until it disintegrates.  The charger destroying those pesky camping survivors, hope this works good in vs too.  Also the (ass) jockey.. who.. I really am scared of, because alot of the time when these bastards start to litterally ride you, you feel violated.. out of control.. and NEED HELP!!! as they lead you into another group of meat munchers. (this being said I cant wait for a 360DF night on L4D2).

My favourite time on the game has to be on the "Dark Carnival" level where its litterally a rollercoaster ride of thrills... guts... carnage.. and a bit of love in a tunnel!  Not only this but it has a few games you can play.. be warned eacho one makes a hoarde attack you though!

(No reply stilll!!)

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »
My most memorable bit was saying to my friend.. this gnome is my life.. without me my gnome is nothing.. without me my gnome is nothing.  Then we lost it on the rollercoaster and I died a little on the inside.. :( Poor gnomey.. :(

Biggest improvement for me is by far the new damage system.. shoot a meatmuncher in the fact and be prepared for them to be holy.. really.. a massive hole there instead of a face!  same goes for other parts of the body.. its gruesomely satisfying to blow a zombie in half with a shotgun and go "yeahhhhh didnt see that did you".

Not only has the damage system been vastly improved but the way you can do this damage has greatly been increase.. in the form of new weapons.. and not just this.. but.. MELEE weapons!!! Such as chainsaws, cricket bats, axes, machettes, nightsticks.. etc.   New guns vary from the good old AK47 to cool new sniper rifles and magnum pistols.

This is all good.. but.. what if Valve took one more year to make this game?  I'd say the improvements would have been Mindblowing.. not just awesome.

Graphics :  9/10  Realistic Graphics from the ageing Source engine.. but like HalfLife its still awesome!
Sound : 10/10    Amazing sound effects makes you wonder if they actually breed zombies at valve.
Single Player: 7/10 This game is great for single player.. but.. it really shines online.  Built for MP imo.
Multiplayer 10/10 Just being able to play this 4 player co-op greatly increases the fun factor.. add the vs mode and this is the god of online games for co-op players and people who love team work!
Longativity 10/10  Will last as long as you have xbox live for fun! but it might only last one year if valve churn out another in a years time.. heres wishing they wait 2years and bring out a mindblowing sequel.

Overall 9/10 Great game for multiplayer and team fun, but if you dont have xbox live gold to play with others its a medicre experience since you wont experience this truely epic online game in its full glory.  That being said I still wish the campaigns were longer!  If they had more this would have scratched the 9.5 mark. (Overall is not an average).

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
Awesome review thank you I shall post this on the homepage  :) Thank you Kore
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
Anytime. :)  Just name a game I Have or going to get and ill review it :P

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 02:51:14 AM »
Good review kaput,might even go and get this now.Might .......we'll see.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 04:35:58 AM »
nice review. as soon as i see a good deal i'm getting it!

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 09:02:16 AM »

You know in Dutch Alles Kaput means Destroy Everything?  :P

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 12:49:44 PM »

You know in Dutch Alles Kaput means Destroy Everything?  :P

Kaput is now your nickname.Official!

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »
Well done Kaput! Good review and on a slight side note, they have announced that on this Friday (I think) anyone, not just gold members, can play L4D2 on multiplayer. More info on the xbox live screens!

P.S. I wouldn't worry about the nickname, most of us have our official names and then the affectionately given clan names......

Kuddles (Kyuubi)

Offline KoreRupt

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
Haha.. Dunno how he gets Kaput though! lol

Thats the confuzzling bit.

Most people just call me "Kore" :P Even some real friends! 

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »
Most people just call me "Kore" :P Even some real friends! 

most ppl here do have nicknames, but its usually just shortened versions of their GT...neato, TJ, JT. you kinda get the picture

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:18 AM »
Kaput is an abbreviation of Koreupt. I thought it was funny any way. ;D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads