Author Topic: Headsets  (Read 9141 times)

Offline mackem73

• Time Zone: GMT
  • Steam: mackem73
  • XBL: mackem73
Re: Headsets
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
I'm planning to get a X12 for me this month. Macken, could you please share your opinions with us? I mean, for both gaming and chat sound quality, if its really comfortable, and mostly, if you see (hear) any difference from an ordinary (non-cheap) stereo headphone....

Thanks!

Im loving the new headsets, they allow you to hear so much more in game. The X12's are really comfortable and you forget about them very quickly in comfort terms. The option to change game and voice volumes seperatley is really helpful when playing against randoms. The sound quality is good in both, and like mentioned earlier sound awesome with music. They are definatley better than a basic headphone from Microsoft but i guess it's up to the individual whether or not they want to spend the extra cash. My only complaint so far is when i plug my controller in to charge i can't use my headphones as they just start buzzing.
The Quinny magic carpet ride may have landed but the Red Flag will keep on flying high.

Offline PresidentReaper

• Jonathan Jock aka Jock
  • So....
    • Time Zone: GMT -06
  • Last.fm: PresidentReaper
  • XBL: PresidentReaper
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:16 AM »
I'm thinking of getting some turtle beaches not the real expensive ones but the like $50 don't seem too bad and I think they will be good for the games I play so that's about all I'll get before Christmas those and Smackdown vs Raw 2012

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
Everyone needs Turtle Beaches in their life!

Offline bslhonda

• Dr. Honda
  • Obey gravity: its the law!
    • Time Zone: GMT -03
  • Steam: bslhonda
  • XBL: Diracs Delta
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
I'm planning to get a X12 for me this month. Macken, could you please share your opinions with us? I mean, for both gaming and chat sound quality, if its really comfortable, and mostly, if you see (hear) any difference from an ordinary (non-cheap) stereo headphone....

Thanks!

I'm loving the new headsets, they allow you to hear so much more in game. The X12's are really comfortable and you forget about them very quickly in comfort terms. The option to change game and voice volumes seperatley is really helpful when playing against randoms. The sound quality is good in both, and like mentioned earlier sound awesome with music. They are definatley better than a basic headphone from Microsoft but i guess it's up to the individual whether or not they want to spend the extra cash. My only complaint so far is when i plug my controller in to charge i can't use my headphones as they just start buzzing.

Thanks man! I'll probably buy me a X12 this month, I get too confused playing sounds from TV speakers with the headset apart...basically I cant play, hear and talk at the same time (of course cursing dont count ;)). I tried a standard multimedia headphone (cheap one) and it was much better the the one I use to mix and mastering audio tracks. Its much better than playing through the TV speakers (even from a 2.1 system I have), but I cant use the mic if i do it. Since its a entry level price, I'll give it a try! Thanks again dude!

Everyone needs Turtle Beaches in their life!

Joinin' the club...

Offline Sload

• Weeeeiiijjjj o.o
    • Time Zone: GMT +01
  • Last.fm: Sload
  • Steam: Sload89
  • XBL: Sload
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »
Just started looking around for a good headset for my late night gaming sessions and a pair of Turtle Beach seems the obvious choice. Right now I got my eye on a pair of PX3's, they are wireless, fairly cheap and I can plug 'em into my receiver which is great.

Offline bslhonda

• Dr. Honda
  • Obey gravity: its the law!
    • Time Zone: GMT -03
  • Steam: bslhonda
  • XBL: Diracs Delta
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 01:27:14 PM »
Ok, I'm a Turtle Beach club member!

Got a X12, man, its awesome! The best multimedia headphone I heard so far, the surround sound is amazing, really looks like you have a room full of sound, with reflections, reverb, echo and so on. The in-game effects becomes really audible, and literally gives an extra dimension to the field. Yes, thats it, in-game sound is more clear, very very well eq-d, and the bass...oh my, the bass...its AMAZING!! It really add a boost to explosions and stuff, its the best feature in the headset IMO. Isolation for external sounds is good as well, and the mic-monitoring feature is really useful. I'm loving it! I dunno if I could get anything better for the price (U$ 60 + tx), I know its an entry level device but for my noobish level it more than enough lol.

Thanks guys for ur opinions, cheers!

Offline Maibs

• PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
Okay, well my turtlebeach x11's have served me very well over the past few years, but had a little bit of money to waste so upgraded my headset.

Picked up (after alot of hassle) a Astro a40 Wireless System Penny Arcade Edition

Wont say how much they cost but it was alot, worth every penny!!!!! build quality is great and Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound rocks.

Very happy with them!!

Offline Sload

• Weeeeiiijjjj o.o
    • Time Zone: GMT +01
  • Last.fm: Sload
  • Steam: Sload89
  • XBL: Sload
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
So I ended up buying Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 and the sound quality is amazing. I used them while playing Battlefield 3 last night and it was just awesome.
The overall quality is great and have had no problems with it so far.
I love it and it was well worth the money.

Offline ms arsenal1988

• XBL: ms arsenal1988
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 02:15:11 AM »
the turtle beach xp500 mw3 limited edition ones are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i love them its completely wireless and they take normal 2x aa batteries plus i can answer my phone via the headset cause its bluetooth and you can use it on both ps3 and xbox and i think pc not entirely sure about pc but definitely the other two :) these are way better than my x41s and the sound quality is amazing

NO HOST LEGGO!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
Saw some X12's for £35 the other day and was thinking about getting them but wasn#t overly bothered until I tried them at my mates earlier, now I want some!   :)

Got some vouchers for a few shops so I think I might treat myself to some in the week.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 02:05:58 PM »
Talking of T beach's I busted mine, I'll not talk about that one! Just looking about for some new ones now, the sound is excellent on these sets when your settings are all correct., great value and tough as well.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 10:00:29 AM »
Lots of love for turtle beach on this thread! I picked up a pair of Tritton AX720 black ops edition on eBay for €85 delivered which was pretty good value. Only using them since yesterday, pressie from the kids. So far they're pretty good. Alot better than the €10 stereo headphones I had been using.
[/url]

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »
So I got myself some Turtle Beach X12's today. F**king hell. The difference it makes to playing a game is just like WOW. I just want to play all all my games again just to hear them through the Turtle Beach headphones.

Offline Smithk4

• PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
Being a Gears fan, I got the Gears of War edition Tritton 7.1 surroundsound headset. What a difference. Sound is straight to the ears, nothing wasted and true surround sound. Couldnt imagine playing without it!  #)

• Emblazed with official Gears of War 3artwork
    Performance-tuned for Xbox LIVE voice communication
    Immersive 3D directional audio using Dolby Headphone surround sound
    Independent game and voice volume controls
    Pulsating LED lighting effects
    Multi-function in-line control with breakaway
    Detachable, flexible microphone with mute
    Digital optical input
    Precision-balanced 40mm audio drivers

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »
My Turtle Beach X11's were destroyed yesterday by my puppy.  He ate the cord.   >:(   So now I'm in the market for something new since the cheap microsoft ones don't sound nearly as good as the TB ones did. I really liked the fact that the X11's worked with by my xbox and my pc.  Now to find something wireless for each of them so I don't have to worry about the puppy eating the cords. 

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads