Author Topic: FIFA 10  (Read 4757 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: FIFA 10
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:44:46 AM by GamerMan316 »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
They're exactly the same as FIFA 09 ... maybe.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »
How Big Can Football Get?

below is the new FIFA ad shown at half time in today's Manchester derby.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FM4UPrAjnc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FM4UPrAjnc</a>

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »
I missed half-time adverts i was in the kitchen cooling my throat down with an ice cold beverage after all my shouting.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 03:22:02 PM »
I missed half-time adverts i was in the kitchen cooling my throat down with an ice cold beverage after all my shouting.

I imagine your throat needed even more cooling down after Owen's winner at the end.

Offline RedMaster11

• Super Dooper Member
  • XBL: Red Master 11
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 04:59:58 AM »

I imagine your throat needed even more cooling down after Owen's winner at the end.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »

:D
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Dutch national team in FIFA 10

EA has convinced the Dutch football association to allow it to include the Dutch national team in FIFA 10.

While Dutch players have been playable with their clubs in past FIFA games, it was previously only possible to play as a fictitious Dutch national team, without official likenesses and kit.

Given FIFA's obsession with licensed details, this was a bit of a stain on the brand, especially since rival series Pro Evolution Soccer sorted it out a while ago (and the Dutch team is definitely in PES 2010, for the record).

But that's all sorted out now, as you can see in screenshots of the Dutch national team in FIFA 10.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »
Eurogamer review with some odd facts thrown in for good measure.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 09:23:44 AM »
EA Sports unleashes FIFA Earth

EA Sports has released its FIFA Earth website to the masses, bombarding us with stats ripped from the PS3 and Xbox 360 game.

So far, for instance, 32 million games have been played. The counter on the website is flying up, but there's a long way to go to reach the two billion games FIFA 09 managed.

The nation playing the "best" FIFA 10 is Oman, surprisingly enough. That's regardless of the team chosen. The UK is at 52 [because you're all f***ing playing as Barcelona and Real Madrid - Ed].

Manchester United tops the popularity ranking, followed by Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Chelsea and Arsenal. The "hottest" club is Jaguares de Chiapas from Mexico.

EA notes that FIFA Earth is still in its infancy, and will expand to cover "infinite possibilities". Right.

http://fifa.easports.com/ENGB/EARTH

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
I want the red beachball DLC :P
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
I want the red beachball DLC :P

EA are retarded if they don't give us that, well more retarded than they already are of course.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »
Massive FIFA 10 update coming
Mega patch currently in testing, details inside

EA has revealed a list of fixes it's about to make the mighty popular FIFA 2010. "Responding to post-launch feedback from the community during the last two weeks, a new downloadable game update is being readied for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3," said the FIFA UK community manager.

Online and Connectivity

PlayStation 3
Feedback : Players disconnected from PS3 matches too frequently in the development teams opinion, usually during the first half with a connection-lost message.
Update:Players will be able to complete online games with minimal disconnections.

PlayStation 3
Feedback:Players disconnected too frequently in the development teams opinion, from the PlayStation Network when playing online with a profile with many FIFA friends.
Update: Players will not see any unexpected behaviour relating to having many friends on their profile.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Update: All Divisions will have stats listed once there are enough teams to fill the divisions above them (50 teams per division, so Division 3 should start having stats listed once there are 101 teams in the standings).

Xbox 360
Feedback: Occasionally, no users could be found during a Pro Ranked match search, while there were users available to play.
Update: Pro Ranked match search will always be successful when there are users available to play.

Manager Mode

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback : Player form changed too dramatically while playing through manager mode.
Update: A player's form is now more subtle and does not affect physical attributes.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Occasionally loaned players from the first transfer window would be sold by teams in the second transfer window.
Update: AI teams with players loaned to them will not sell these players in the second transfer window.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Occasionally players would disappear that were bought in the first transfer window when simming matches in the second transfer window.
Update: The players team will not lose players during the second transfer window without any action on the user's part.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Goal Keeper Clean Sheets were being tracked as assists in the Top 20's screen.
Update: Assists will only be awarded to players that passed the ball to the goal scorer immediately before the goal was scored.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: The game occasionally crashed when entering gameplay, team management, or transfer lists during the first season after loaning out players and filling the roster to full. There were too many players at the club.
Update: Loaned players will now still count towards one of the 42 roster spots so the player cannot have more players than the maximum belonging to their team.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Rarely, the player could progress past the end of season with a negative club budget after signing and, later, choosing not to re-sign players during a season.
Update: Choosing not to re-sign players will not cause the team's budget to decrease further.

Live Season 2.0/My Live Season.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback : Changing the squad at the central hub of My Live Seasons to include invalid players would make the game hang if substitutions were later attempted during gameplay.Update: The player will be informed that the player cannot be substituted into the lineup.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Too many match events, for example yellow cards, were being tracked incorrectly which would occasionally make My Live Seasons hang.
Update: The user will be able to use Live Season mode without any hangs, and all match events will be tracked correctly.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Update: The Youth Players' ages will be correct.

Stats

Xbox 360
Feedback : Some ranked Head-to-Head matches did not update on some leaderboards.
Update: All ranked matches are now tracked correctly on the leaderboards.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Stats did not track correctly if players turned off their console during a Clubs match.
Update: A player quitting / disconnecting from a game after five minutes of game time have elapsed will always be assigned a DNF and Loss.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: After a completing Clubs game online, Last Match stats were not updating correctly.
Update: All match stats are updating correctly.

PlayStation 3
Feedback: FIFA Interactive World Cup stats and points were not always reporting correctly
Update:FIFA Interactive World Cup stats and points are now being reported correctly.

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Regional league stats were being reset too frequently.
Update: Regional league stats will now be reset on a monthly basis.

Gameplay

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: Players teammate AI in online Clubs games was not equivalent to World Class AI.
Update: Teammate AI while playing in clubs is now World Class.

Friends Leagues

Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3
Feedback: One User's team becomes invisible after following a set of specific, unusual invitation steps.
Update: Both teams will be visible during gameplay.

At the current time we have no confirmation of when the downloadable update will be available to users but it is currently with Microsoft and Sony for testing.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 07:09:47 AM »
Electronic Arts has claimed that it holds a 75% market share of football titles sold across Europe.

According to CVG, the FIFA developer/publisher said that it is on par with Modern Warfare 2 in terms of European sales across Europe.

EA's Jens Uwe Intat said: "We continue to beat the heck of Pro Evo and across Europe we're taking 75% of the football space.

"FIFA was neck and neck with Modern Warfare 2 [in 2009] to be the best-selling game across Europe."

The EA boss also revealed that the company plans to reduce Modern Warfare 2's dominance with games such as Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

"The shooter space is one we don't want to give up. It's an important genre and we were the number one. So we are certainly working on how we can get that crown back and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an important product in that context," he said.

Bad Company 2, which is developed by DICE, is due to be released for the 360, PS3, and PC in March.

Can't wait for Shenmue 3

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
Impressive though it's always been this way, still prefer Pro Evo though