Linked Events

• Disney Universe (US): August 25, 2011
  • Disney Universe (UK): August 28, 2011

Author Topic: Disney Universe  (Read 938 times)

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Disney Universe
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
Disney Universe launches in the UK on 28th October, Disney Interactive has confirmed to Eurogamer.

Disney Universe is a four-player co-op action-adventure game that rekindles memories of the Lego series of games. It includes characters from Disney franchises and Pixar films. There's a WALL-E world and everything.

Keza went hands-on for Eurogamer's Disney Universe preview in May. "It's a funny game, Disney Universe, and naturally rather lovable," she wrote.

"There are power-ups like giant boxing gloves, or items that turn you temporarily into a chicken. The idea of a Disney themed Lego/LittleBigPlanet mashup is a pretty appealing one, and the two levels on display showcased enough variety between them to give us hope that this isn't a one-note effort."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbPL98ZglM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbPL98ZglM</a>
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:40:24 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Disney Universe
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
If the game is 1/2 as fun as it is adorable, I'm sold.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »

Offline Mojo Red

• Poker Player
    • Twitter
  • XBL: Mojo Red
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
Was able to get my hands on a copy of this and have to say I'm a bit disappointed so far. EPIC FAIL to put it mildly.

While the game looks great and comes across almost enjoyeable as one of the numerous LEGO games, the biggest complaint I have so far is I was under the impression it would have drop-in/out co-op. It doesn't and makes even playing co-op somewhat of a challenge to get started

Hitting Start or any other button for that matter does nothing on additional controllers while Player 1 is running around having fun. In fact in order for me to see any option for someone else to join my game I found I needed to pop back out to the dashboard and restart the game and make sure any additonal controllers I would need be signed in before I restart. Once that was done, the World Select screen would then allow others join the game by pressing start and selecting a character.

Now that was just getting others into the game. Once you're playing in a level there is no way for others to drop out until you've completed all three Levels of a World which will send you back out to the Main Menu to select a different World. So before you select the next world make sure everyone else drops out on the World Select screen.

What a pain in the arse. 

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
#1 rule of any family game is accessibility.

No drop-in co-op?  No sale.   :P

It is a shame.  The game is stupid adorable.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
Was looking at this for the Kinect list , the mini games all seem to be similar though. Still Sesame Street looks like fun, the kids are gonna love that--COOOOKIEE!
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads