Linked Events

• Medal of Honor (US): October 12, 2010
  • Medal of Honor (UK): October 15, 2010

Author Topic: Medal of Honor  (Read 7599 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Medal of Honor
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2010, 05:16:52 AM »
Medal of Honor hasn't been fun since the first and best game in 1999, crappy sequel followed by even crappier sequels, great franchise.

I am looking forward to this though.   :)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
I enjoyed Rising Sun

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 01:12:38 PM »
New, improved Medal Of Honor detailed
EA shows how game has been tweaked since beta

Ah, we remember these. Medal Of Honor news stories that are actually about Medal Of Honor. Not MPs, the government or ratings bodies. How queer.

EA has announced a flurry of improvements made to the game after receiving feedback from players of the beta.

As EA community boss Matthew Pruitt explained to the PS Blog, these include:

Improved Hit Detection

This was a very big issue and came up many times in the forums. We are glad to say that hit detection has been vastly improved. We really tightened up the mechanics and essentially, wherever the bullet hits on the body - that is where the hit registers. It is even possible to shoot and have the bullet go between someone's legs - it is that precise!

Weapon Pickups

Out of ammo? No longer do you need to find an ammo crate. Find the nearest dead enemy/friendly and pick up their weapon. And remember, the knife knows no ammunition, so if you really want to be Tier 1 - pull out that bad boy and start slashing your way to victory.

Support Actions Balanced

We heard the outcry and we have made adjustments. The support actions were tweaked and are now more difficult to achieve. There is always a fine line between what is too hard and what is too easy, but we think we have balanced it pretty well. It is just not fun when you are getting nailed with rocket and mortar attacks every 20 seconds.

Unlock Tree Expanded and Balanced

Your ascension to Tier 1 status will now be even more eventful. The unlock tree has been expanded for every weapon, providing an extensive series of choices.

Crash Fixes

Every beta has its crashes and the Medal of Honor beta was no different. We know it is frustrating, but it is all part of the beta process. The good news is that we have fixed the crashes and resolved a number of connectivity issues.

Major Graphic Overhaul

The graphics have been overhauled and upgraded. We are happy to report that the game looks even more spectacular than before.

Weapons

The weapons are essential to gameplay, obviously, and we made sure to concentrate on getting them right. The list is long and the changes are many. From zoom spread to damage inflicted, rest assured that every weapon has been modified.

Pruitt added: "These changes and fixes are just the tip of the iceberg. As we move toward the game's release, we continue to improve the game every single day."

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »
if only MW2 had done something like that, kudos MoH

markav

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »
I am a bit uncomfortable about the fact that you get to play the taliban in this game. It didn't really bother me in the beta, its just red v blue right? The more I think about it the more I question my morale fibre. Should I just stop being silly as its only a pooter' game?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »
Nazis > Taliban

Nothing to worry about.   :)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »
Taliban K/D = 0.47
Nazis K/D = 3,000,000.16

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:16 AM »
moron, EA will probably take the taliban out though (not because of this idiot though).

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:51 AM »
Once The Daily Mail gets it's ugly mits on the whole story the game might get shelved completely.   ;D

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 06:35:52 AM »
Once The Daily Mail gets it's ugly mits on the whole story the game might get shelved completely.   ;D

Activision should tell the The Daily Mail

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 01:45:16 PM »
I won't be buying this, but I have to say I'd be unhappy playing as the Taliban too if I was thinking of buying it. The war in Afghanistan is still going on and our soldiers are still dying on a daily basis, playing as the enemy would just be wrong in my opinion with it all being so current.

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 01:51:07 PM »
I won't be buying this, but I have to say I'd be unhappy playing as the Taliban too if I was thinking of buying it. The war in Afghanistan is still going on and our soldiers are still dying on a daily basis, playing as the enemy would just be wrong in my opinion with it all being so current.

It's the war being current that's the major problem here, obviously the Taliban are like the teletubbies compared to Hitler and his boys, but that was 70 years ago and not now so people (except for Ze Germans) aren't too fussed about it, i'll just rent it and most likely avoid the MP as I do with all rentals.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »

It's the war being current that's the major problem here, obviously the Taliban are like the teletubbies compared to Hitler and his boys, but that was 70 years ago and not now so people (except for Ze Germans) aren't too fussed about it, i'll just rent it and most likely avoid the MP as I do with all rentals.

Yeh, I agree, in 70 years time nobody will really remember about the war in Afghanistan, but then in 70 years time the world will probably be a desolute wasteland after the Americans/Russians/North Koreans/Chinese/French (*delete as appropriate) have nuked us all!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 02:12:49 PM »
Perhaps they should have based the game in Northern Ireland?

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads